The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

12 hours ago, Helstrem said:

3rd week is vastly easier than 2nd week.  Finished 4 the first day using Harugumo and Kitakami mostly, with a light sprinkle of Brisbane, Yoshino and Marceau.

Can confirm. It has been very easy that I can't believe the missions for the week are done in such a short amount of time. I know it will get increasingly time-consuming, but as of now, the missions just auto-complete themselves without me taking note of how many ribbons I made or the credits I've earned—no need for that childishly inefficient 'mission requirements divided by number of days' 7-day plan.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:02 PM, tm63au said:

You think so ? I agree getting 20 Torpedoes with cruisers is easy 1500 DD hits is not so specially with my aim, I'll  grant you its not the worst but its time consuming.

Yes. The first 3 weeks have been easier than a milk run. The 1,500 DD hits is among them. That particular mission is so easy and so fun that I continued playing Sherman, Harugumo, in Asymmetric even after I completed it.

For the 20 torpedo hits using a cruiser, I tried Yodo first in Co-op (with torpedo reload in less than 80 seconds), but WG's RNG reared its ugly head again—as 8 of my torpedoes were racing to a slow moving Yamato, the first one detonated the bot ship, giving my just 1 torpedo hit. I chose Minotaur after that, and finished the said mission in 2 Co-op battles.

• Like 1

5 of the missions was pretty easy to smash out in a couple of hours yesterday

image.thumb.png.7d6971fe4bafa7e428d230019e69e4aa.png

only have this to finish

image.png.76af29595bfd4651e37f0f563415497b.png

Looking at next week im thinking

Spoiler

image.png.b13eecc170388a36c04f6ff45b9eeedb.png

Probably 2-3 games in a submarine

image.png.48974a47f19c0d8c098e6fa44a76b789.png

Considering my Schleiffen Asym games I posted I guess its about 8 quick games in Asym.

image.png.17e3566c6720fa7e22bff35a8e2375eb.png

Im thinking maybe 1 or 2 games in Elbing Vs Bots in Coop or Asym. *EDIT* Saw the criteria, so maybe an overmatching BB

image.png.9604fdc23c48af77979e8ef00a527d3d.png

Considering Golden is my go-to Cruiser for AA kills im guessing im spamming that in any good mode.

image.png.6739c5f6822cb89e76f9f39697eb15b4.png

Should be pretty quick in a sub Vs bots

image.png.841b84ed628c54037c4d00932d4fbd46.png

Again .... pretty much every T8 sub game I have

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

I've completed the "earn 5,700,000 credits" task, and progressed to Dockyard phase 7.

• Like 1

And just finished the "Get 20 torpedo hits while sailing a cruiser" task.

Hi all,

1 Mission to go.... either BB AA or DD hits...

BTW, Kitakami torp mission:

shot-24_04.26_17_41.00-0517.thumb.jpg.4bdb56a9790737a347371db9ead3aa6e.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Completed the "Get 450 rocket hits ribbons" task.

By completing 6 tasks in the Pacific Storms dockyard mission-chain, earned 1 more dockyard building phase.

Completed a Twitch Drop mission to earn 20,000 XP (as a side benefit).

Edited to add:  Thus, I've progressed to dockyard phase 8.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

8 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

only have this to finish

since it isn't 'Base' XP you can use boosters and finish it rather quickly.

Using blue boosters on 2 different CVs, I got 30k XP in just two asymmetric battles

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:
8 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

only have this to finish

since it isn't 'Base' XP you can use boosters and finish it rather quickly.

Using blue boosters on 2 different CVs, I got 30k XP in just two asymmetric battles

So far, I've earned 117,375 out of 130,000 BaseXP required.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

So far, I've earned 117,375 out of 130,000 BaseXP required.

Task completed.
I've progressed to dockyard phase 9.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Polished off the credits task. That's six and the directive done, and the XP task can finish whenever it does.

Beginning next Wednesday:

• Spot (i.e. be the first to detect) 120 torpedoes = 18 per day
  • Suffer 15 million potential damage = 2,142,858 per day
  • Help your team score 250,000 spotting damage (DY token) = 35,715 per day
  • Cause 2 million damage to ships (DY token) = 285,715 per day
  • CV - 250 bomb hits = 36 per day
  • BB - 25 citadel hits = 4 per day
  • Cruiser - 120 aircraft shot down = 18 per day
  • DD - 15 captured or assist ribbons = 2 per day + 1 spare
  • Sub - 17 kills = 3 per day
  • Randoms/Ranked in one battle: 2400 base XP

I'm already considering which ships I'm going to use for this. British carriers are probably the best for getting lots of bomb hits, with US support carriers not far behind, so grinding Yorktown right now and having lots of Brit carriers puts me in a good place. The cruiser task becomes the chancy one to leave aside in this mission set. Torpedo spotting is a task for the fastest DD you can find, YOLOing your bot opposite number. Things like Kleber, Khaba, Marceau and Paolo Emilio shine here, but for the lower tier players the Podvoisky is also very, very fast.

• Like 3

Finally finished the plane kills in a battleship, after a rather coincidental shortage of carriers in asymmetric while I was grinding battleships compared to the previous week. Then three quick co-op games in Jinan to do the torp hit mission tonight and finish the stage.

Looking ahead to next week, hopefully the carriers are a bit more plentiful than they were the last few days. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Finally finished the plane kills in a battleship, after a rather coincidental shortage of carriers in asymmetric while I was grinding battleships compared to the previous week. Then three quick co-op games in Jinan to do the torp hit mission tonight and finish the stage.

Looking ahead to next week, hopefully the carriers are a bit more plentiful than they were the last few days. 

Just take a t8 out in randos during weekend, you might even get 2 per side... 😒

7 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I actually asked an enemy CV player in one game if he could be so kind to target my BB all game because I had mission to complete and he was kind enough to gift me 29 plane kills that game. In the end when we were winning, I let him get full salvos at perfect angle into me with rockets and torps and I didn't repair so he got a ton of fire, flood damage in return. 

Thats teamwork folks!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I actually asked an enemy CV player in one game if he could be so kind to target my BB all game because I had mission to complete and he was kind enough to gift me 29 plane kills that game. In the end when we were winning, I let him get full salvos at perfect angle into me with rockets and torps and I didn't repair so he got a ton of fire, flood damage in return. 

Thats teamwork folks!

You DO know that's collusion and a TOS breaker, don't you? 😈

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You DO know that's collusion and a TOS breaker, don't you? 😈

It was either that or div-up with you or I while we played a CV, eh?  😄 

I finished the BB mission using the ships with bad AA defense.  Duquesne shot down 17.  These ships seem to draw CVs; even Virbus Unitis had 349 dmg in a two CV game (no kills, of course).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It was either that or div-up with you or I while we played a CV, eh?  😄 

He's on the EU server. We wouldn't see him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

He's on the EU server. We wouldn't see him. 

Well, that does pose a problem.  🤔

Cleared week 3. Doing DD ribbons while pushing Kagero wasn't fast but it also got me most of Yugumo, so...

Week 4 should be fairly straightforward. Knock out damage, potential, and BB citadel attacks and keep moving Izumo towards Yamato, finish any remaining citadels with speed boost in co-op once the potential damage and damage missions are done, move stock Essex towards elite Essex in Asymmetries while knocking out bombs and spot damage, then yolo a low-tier DD with hydro into co-op if there are "spot the torpedo" missions left.

• Like 2

Finished Week 3. I took my time and actually enjoyed the game! I am still getting that XP mission grind-ed but it was a little bit tougher of a week just because of that Plane kill mission and the XP mission. The rest were pretty easy

• Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 4:12 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Polished off the credits task. That's six and the directive done, and the XP task can finish whenever it does.

Beginning next Wednesday:

• Spot (i.e. be the first to detect) 120 torpedoes = 18 per day
  • Suffer 15 million potential damage = 2,142,858 per day
  • Help your team score 250,000 spotting damage (DY token) = 35,715 per day
  • Cause 2 million damage to ships (DY token) = 285,715 per day
  • CV - 250 bomb hits = 36 per day
  • BB - 25 citadel hits = 4 per day
  • Cruiser - 120 aircraft shot down = 18 per day
  • DD - 15 captured or assist ribbons = 2 per day + 1 spare
  • Sub - 17 kills = 3 per day
  • Randoms/Ranked in one battle: 2400 base XP

I'm already considering which ships I'm going to use for this. British carriers are probably the best for getting lots of bomb hits, with US support carriers not far behind, so grinding Yorktown right now and having lots of Brit carriers puts me in a good place. The cruiser task becomes the chancy one to leave aside in this mission set. Torpedo spotting is a task for the fastest DD you can find, YOLOing your bot opposite number. Things like Kleber, Khaba, Marceau and Paolo Emilio shine here, but for the lower tier players the Podvoisky is also very, very fast.

I think I will play as usual until Sunday and then see which ones I need to concentrate on. F.e. Cruisers can if you are lucky with enemy BotCvs in coop get easily done in quite few games but if you are unlucky take a multitude of games. 

So I will play  the normal variety of ships (DD, CA, BB) and then decide if I need to concentrate on certain missions.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

Finished stage 3 in Saturdays mission. The BB killing flies and ship XP was the last two. Wonder if this weeks mission were relatively easy so that you got time on PTS? So I played a few rounds there and finished the Base 12.000 XP by using Satsuma (1.600 CT) and finished these during a 4 hour mission for some extras. 

• Like 1

Spent yesterday afternoon grinding the DD main battery hits mission in Co-op to complete this weeks dockyard mission.

There is a difference in pacing between Co-op and Randoms and I'm having trouble switching back to Random pacing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

There is a difference in pacing between Co-op and Randoms and I'm having trouble switching back to Random pacing.

Yep.  If you play Co-op like Random, you won't get much action.  If you play Random like Co-op, you won't get much play time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:
9 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Yep.  If you play Co-op like Random, you won't get much action.  If you play Random like Co-op, you won't get much play time.

I like that Asymmetric is an interesting "in between", when compared with Co-op and randoms.

• Like 2