The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

I'd like to think you can think and consider your course of action(s) on your own, without any need of 'wagon' or whatsoever. 😄

Apparently you are unable to comprehend that I am GRATEFUL - which is literally me considering and choosing my own course of actions.  😚

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Does someone have an image of next weeks missions? Might be a good idea to plan it out, maybe someone would use my plan haha.

image.png.189c669ff94fd7f0e19a3708cc6075c5.png

Screenshot of an @AdmiralThunder writeup. I was just wondering the most efficient way to do week 7 myself; seems like a slog and I have a busy Memorial Day weekend.

My tentative plan went like this:
- Run my best T10 BB in Randoms with blue boosters until (3 - CXP) and (4 - FXP) are reduced to a level that will clearly be hit by cleaning out the BB and CA missions in lower tiers, Brawl, or Co-Op. Hope to get a mega game and hit (10 - 2.5k BPX). If not... Oh, well.
- Schlieffen in Brawls until (6 - BB kills) is done.
- Cruisers in Ranked until (7 - Caps as a CA) is done. I figure I can get a cap every other game or so. Maybe Brawls would be faster? Capping seems rare (I had one cap in four games last night), but the games go faster. Bypass if (10) hit.
- (1 - general damage) will long done by now. If needed (2 - fire and flooding) can be finished up easily with a firebug in Brawls or Randoms.

Where can I improve that, or am I up totally the wrong tree?

Edited by Tricericon
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Apparently you are unable to comprehend that I am GRATEFUL - which is literally me considering and choosing my own course of actions.  😚

I do. And we both are. As I said earlier, I have been thankful for that decision, and I manifested that in the old forum. 

This potential damage is taking forever. I'm at 32k on BB's, but only 6k on cruisers. Im gonna have to stop shooting ships and just let them live and shoot at me or something. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

This potential damage is taking forever. I'm at 32k on BB's, but only 6k on cruisers. Im gonna have to stop shooting ships and just let them live and shoot at me or something. 

I did the Potential Damage while sailing Cruisers, mostly in Co-op.
I maneuvered to dodge torpedoes sometimes.

• Like 1

i already own VW41 and VW44 so im not bothered . by the time dockyard ends ill be close to finnishing #6  

the sooner the better 

2 hours ago, mashed68 said:

In co-op driving a ship with lots of range (and a spotter plane if possible) like Henri IV or Hindenberg. Wait 30 seconds into the battle, launch planes and start slowly firing guns until you are detected. your priority target should go up (6 is a good number) and then start WASD. I generally got >1.2M potential per game if I got into torp range, and rarely less than 500k. 

Driving like a moron in PvP just gets you killed, doing this in Co-op often lets you top the leader board.

If you are going to play PvP for potential damage I'd recommend the Pan-American line, where you keep firing to proc the "F" button and superheal. It's no coincidence that this mission comes AFTER asymm ends, where it would be trivial (typically got ~3-4M potential in BB's and >1M in cruisers for that mode)

5 hours ago, Tricericon said:

I was just wondering the most efficient way to do week 7 myself; seems like a slog and I have a busy Memorial Day weekend.

I'm planning on running green or blue boosters in CB's this week, which will kill the CXP / FXP easily, then brawls for caps. I might play Borg in co-op if I decide to get BB kills, since it's the only thing fast enough to reliably get in on the DD / cruiser feeding frenzy.

5 hours ago, Tricericon said:

Screenshot of an @AdmiralThunder writeup. I was just wondering the most efficient way to do week 7 myself; seems like a slog and I have a busy Memorial Day weekend.

- Run my best T10 BB in Randoms with blue boosters until (3 - CXP) and (4 - FXP) are reduced to a level that will clearly be hit by cleaning out the BB and CA missions in lower tiers, Brawl, or Co-Op. Hope to get a mega game and hit (10 - 2.5k BPX). If not... Oh, well.
- Cruisers in Ranked until (7 - Caps as a CA) is done. I figure I can get a cap every other game or so. Maybe Brawls would be faster? Capping seems rare (I had one cap in four games last night), but the games go faster. Bypass if (10) hit.
- (1 - general damage) will long done by now. If needed (2 - fire and flooding) can be finished up easily with a firebug in Brawls or Randoms.

Next week is going to be tough ... in particular the 50,000 free xp and cap/assist cap missions

7 hours ago, Tricericon said:

If I'm honest I feel like we can all achieve this by just playing BBs. Different types of BBs sure but it's still very possible.

Get a high bxp game, get kills, cause fire/flooding damage, 1 million damage. This just requires a BB with good HE and possibly even torpedoes as well. Schlieffen line, HE spammers would all be amazing choices. 

I'm probably going to try that, depending on how long the kills take I might go grab a really fast cruiser to go cap points but otherwise it looks like BB week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

If I'm honest I feel like we can all achieve this by just playing BBs. Different types of BBs sure but it's still very possible.

Get a high bxp game, get kills, cause fire/flooding damage, 1 million damage. This just requires a BB with good HE and possibly even torpedoes as well. Schlieffen line, HE spammers would all be amazing choices. 

The crew of the St. Vincent have been ordered to the ship and to prepare for many battles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The crew of the St. Vincent have been ordered to the ship and to prepare for many battles.

🫡 Good luck Captain 🫡

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

King Elizabeth speech 'Hoist the Colours' (turn-up the sound volume)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:
17 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

King Elizabeth speech 'Hoist the Colours' (turn-up the sound volume)

Aye! Hoist the Queen's Toaster!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Done with 42 mill pot damage, and stage 6 done. Was a pain in coop. Next week seems much easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Next week is going to be tough ... in particular the 50,000 free xp and cap/assist cap missions

Cap missions are easy enough in co-op. 1 per battle.  

But 150k from fires or floods? That's big damage for someone who doesn't like using HE and my typical BB and CA's don't get much torp damage in for floods either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mashed68 said:

That's big damage for someone who doesn't like using HE

But use HE you must, or major fire damage you will not get. 

Next week will be nice as you get one mission done and then I will be busy having fun with the West Virginia '44 for the rest of the week. I should be so busy playing that I will just breeze through the rest of the missions!

Phase 21 completed.

I just finished the week 6 dockyard missions, and the grind was unreal! I have been finished on Saturday or Sunday up until now, and with my work schedule, finishing on Tuesday is rough.

Fortunately Week 7 looks much friendlier, as I believe I can windmill slam 5/6 missions grinding one ship: Thunderer. After that, I will probably just do a caps mission, either DD in random or cruiser in co-op, although I am on the fence as to which way to go for my sixth mission. It's entirely possible I may just get a 2500 base XP battle in Thunderer and not have to worry about it, which would be nice.

Week 8 will be a bear, and I am almost certain I will be spending dubs to finish, although how many remains to be seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Phase 21 completed.

I just finished the week 6 dockyard missions, and the grind was unreal! I have been finished on Saturday or Sunday up until now, and with my work schedule, finishing on Tuesday is rough.

Fortunately Week 7 looks much friendlier, as I believe I can windmill slam 5/6 missions grinding one ship: Thunderer. After that, I will probably just do a caps mission, either DD in random or cruiser in co-op, although I am on the fence as to which way to go for my sixth mission. It's entirely possible I may just get a 2500 base XP battle in Thunderer and not have to worry about it, which would be nice.

Week 8 will be a bear, and I am almost certain I will be spending dubs to finish, although how many remains to be seen.

"Week" 8 isn't as bad as it looks, since you have two weeks to do it if you finish 7 on schedule.

I am still on week 7 at the moment, still need ~10 mil potential dmg for BB to finish off.

Doing the mission on JB and eating quite a lot of -1s...

I guess this is one of the consequences for grinding dockyard

• Haha 1

Well My First Goal I set is Complete! On to the Wisconsin!!!! Screenshot(110).thumb.png.f8139eed97f931bbd64aca622706a378.png

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Tricericon said:

"Week" 8 isn't as bad as it looks, since you have two weeks to do it if you finish 7 on schedule.

Oh so we have another 3 weeks to complete the missions? Until June 12th?

I thought I'd do a little write-up in this thread. Week 7 the end to the dockyard is closing in. Here are the tasks and ships I would use to complete this week relatively easily!

image.thumb.png.7ab6f73ec0fb8b8953bfb6c422a10123.png

For these two missions, play literally any HE focused ship. BBs, cruisers, DDs, CVs even. Anything with good guns and HE shells will get these missions done easily.

image.thumb.png.f595121ca1e2fcc0759aac912eb0d794.png

Incredibly easy missions, just play the game. If you have a 21p captain load up your red commander boosters and earn truck loads of fcxp. Fxp is also not that hard we can complete these easily.

image.thumb.png.68fc071d4719acf4418a32c86d771c8f.png

This is where, it doesn't get hard it just gets tedious. These are simple missions that will just take us a while to complete. Play anything you want here.

image.thumb.png.17020b8fa09201b196c8ffb35479eb59.png

This is also a good choice, in my opinion it removes the need to do a class specific mission type.

Hope this kind of helps you all
- Boob

• Like 2