The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

5 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Hoorah! I finally got the WV '44. 

🙂👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I had done the DD spotting and had done some other stuff while sailing cruisers.  So, when I looked at my mission progress, I found that I had already completed some of the cruiser potential-damage criteria.  Choosing to continue doing so made sense, for me.  I expect to finish it, today.  And that will complete the 6 out of 6 required missions in the "Temper, Temper" mission-chain.

Last night I finished my 6 missions. I am on hold not playing until the new ones drop.

• Like 4

Last night I finished the 4th group of missions, so I'm almost 2 weeks behind.  I'm still hoping to get the WV '44.  Never expected to get the Wisconsin.  I don't play enough to do dockyards but when they have a ship part-way through I'll take a stab at it.

• Like 3

You know, I was worried most about Week 6 but now that it is over, I think I am really going to get the Wisconsin!

(Also in my quest for ranked battles to grind the Wisconsin I am almost at Rank 1 in Bronze, something I have never done before. Its amazing how the frustration of Ranked ends when you are grinding, I could care less if I win or lose as long as I am getting towards grinding).

But anyways, I will be grinding Captain XP next week and also at the same time training a captain for the Wisconsin and WV '44. Any recommendations on builds would be appreciated!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Last night I finished my 6 missions. I am on hold not playing until the new ones drop.

That is the strategy I am doing except just messing around with my new Roma clone. It keeps me from burning out

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Just 15 million potential damage to go for this stage. 

16 Henri games later in coop this week is done. 

Big thanks to whomever mentioned using it/Conde or Marseille and W/ing forward. Forgot how fun the Henri is while doing it. 

• Like 2

Are way behind due to the amazing game "Ghost of Tsushima" has taken my attention elsewhere. Will probably need to tryhard grind a bit now. Was a bit baffled over the fact I got 3 out of 5 achievements in one Operation game even tho it says things gotten in Operations will be cut in half?!

On 5/19/2024 at 8:15 AM, GandalfTehGray said:

Hopped into operations together to get the achievement. Got Narai again and got unwanted help again. Ended up with the win but not enough damage to get Assistant. Played another and got a 2200 base game on Cherry Blossom to put me at 5/6 for the week. 

Just 15 million potential damage to go for this stage. 

Probably a dumb question but if you get 2 random players to div up with you in division in Ops you get a whole lot of Div achievements that also count?!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

even tho it says things gotten in Operations will be cut in half?!

Combat-related tasks (do damage, tank damage, get various kinds of hits) are cut in half because the bots are so scripted and it's a shooting gallery for a division that knows what it's doing. They used to not count at all.

Economic (earn XP, credits) and achievements are not affected.

Edited to add: Done with week six, laying my plans for week seven right now.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Probably a dumb question but if you get 2 random players to div up with you in division in Ops you get a whole lot of Div achievements that also count?!

I believe those are only randoms. 

• Like 1

I did it,  I finally got the WV44!!! Woohoo!!!

At the same time I finally got Halsey to 21 points. Double strike! 

Almost the same time I got my 12th and 15th win in ranked, that was 400 free doubloons. What a weekend. 

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Almost the same time I got my 12th and 15th win in ranked, that was 400 free doubloons. What a weekend. 

Congrats, Halsey is awesome, put him on the WV 44 and you are good to go for the D-Day Operations, too bad his talents don't activate there.

34 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

👍

9 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Ain't it nice when the stars align? 👍

So, looking at week seven: everything is co-op gimmes except the free and commander XP tasks, but even those are achievable if you're the sort who flogs to the third daily crate each day. The important thing is to have any six tasks done, so the eighth mission set is available as soon as the time gate unlocks, and the bigger tasks with dockyard tokens attached to them can autocomplete in the background.

Remember, mission set 8 runs for two weeks once it unlocks, so tasks which at first look imposing are really only half as dreadful. Everyone has access to this game has access to a calculator on their PC, and I don't need to teach you how to divide by seven or by fourteen and create daily quotas that you can meet.

As far as that 250K commander XP is concerned, I have a very good reason to try to rush it. My Jerzy Swirski commander is exactly 249,070 ECXP away from becoming a 21 pointer, and having created the last one (Halsey) in mid-January, it'll be good to get another done in less than six months, since it gives me hope that I can finish Sansonetti by the end of the year (The ones remaining to be done after that are far behind, and probably constitute 2025's task).

• Like 2

On 5/19/2024 at 9:00 PM, Frostbow said:

WG has gutted progress earned in Operations by a ridiculous 50%. The fools need to be spanked to instill in their minds the absurdity of their decision.

How quickly people forget.

It wasn't that long ago. Wargaming ADDED operations into directives. As long as we have been able to use operations mode to grind directives, that 50% caveat has been there. 

Before that we were lucky to be able to grind one mission per week in operations - usually only when it was for base XP.

Credit where credit is due. WeeGee gave us the option not that long ago. 

• Like 3

Does someone have an image of next weeks missions? Might be a good idea to plan it out, maybe someone would use my plan haha.

• Like 1

This latest stage sadly coincided with some other matters that happened to take place just now so I have played less than usual. Especially Saturday /sunday which normally is the heavy grind days. Have not finished yet, cruisers are pretty near a couple of million potential left but Battleships are still far off 14 M or so missing.

However it still two days left so if I miss a few on BBs so be it. I will hopefully catch up later.

36 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

How quickly people forget.

It wasn't that long ago. Wargaming ADDED operations into directives. As long as we have been able to use operations mode to grind directives, that 50% caveat has been there. 

Before that we were lucky to be able to grind one mission per week in operations - usually only when it was for base XP.

Credit where credit is due. WeeGee gave us the option not that long ago. 

The reasoning you offered in your post echoes what a CM has written on the game's Discord server. And the best that CM can offer is "hey, you should be thankful we added that into directives, blah blah blah" something long those lines, as if that has been the crux of the issue. 

I have not forgotten that, nor have I forgotten the community's delight when Operations were added to Directives, and I have given WG credit for that on the old forum. 

But this has never been about what WG has added. It is about the reasoning behind the 50% reduction which is patently absurd. Each Operation can last the length of 2 or 3 average Co-op games and the quick turn around time in Co-op makes it the more productive mode, yet WG—in its miniscule wisdom—still saw it fit to reduce—by half!—the results made in Operations. 

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

The reasoning you offered in your post echoes what a CM has written on the game's Discord server. And the best that CM can offer is "hey, you should be thankful we added that into directives, blah blah blah" something long those lines, as if that has been the crux of the issue. 

I have not forgotten that, nor have I forgotten the community's delight when Operations were added to Directives, and I have given WG credit for that on the old forum. 

But this has never been about what WG has added. It is about the reasoning behind the 50% reduction which is patently absurd. Each Operation can last the length of 2 or 3 average Co-op games and the quick turn around time in Co-op makes it the more productive mode, yet WG—in its miniscule wisdom—still saw it fit to reduce—by half!—the results made in Operations. 

Dude. I don't disagree the 50% reduction in results is BS, because it is. I can see the point in reductions for easily gained citadel and kill ribbons. But 100% agree the reduction in potential damage and spotting is total BS.

My point remains, at least we can now COMPLETE entire directives in operations mode. Which remains my primary mode of play in this game. I remain grateful.

• Like 1

Managed to score a 10 min Combat Scout in Asashio for the missions.

image.thumb.jpeg.be1c10e902ac7017889d9f9113fe63b6.jpeg

Now just do the same in Subs and get 2000 more ribbons and am Done and can go play some Ghost of Tsushima.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

I don't disagree the 50% reduction in results is BS, because it is. I can see the point in reductions for easily gained citadel and kill ribbons. But 100% agree the reduction in potential damage and spotting is total BS.

Attaboy.gif.441c68aa67db9b1fab6c47e4235b586b.gif

• Haha 1
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

Attaboy.gif.441c68aa67db9b1fab6c47e4235b586b.gif

Where is the rest of my quote? I refuse to jump on the hate wagon over this. I remain grateful I can now complete all directives in operations. Regardless of how anyone may "feel" some of it is unfair.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Where is the rest of my quote?

I found it irrelevant. Again, the crux of the issue is the reasoning behind the 50% which as you said, is BS. 😄

48 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

I refuse to jump on the hate wagon over this.

What is this 'hate wagon' you are talking about? Are you in one before? 

I'd like to think you can think and consider your course of action(s) on your own, without any need of 'wagon' or whatsoever. 😄

Everyone, remember that the topic here is "The Wisconsin Dockyard Progress."  

As we are now on the 15th page of comments, it is understandable that the topic may wander a little off course. However, some comments more recently have nothing to do with the dockyard progress and are getting rather "testy."

Please keep your discussions related ONLY to the dockyard progress.

• Thanks 2