The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

Knocked off another 5 million cruiser potential damage for 13/30 million. 

Played 2 ops and was one salvo from finishing the 5 achievements in those games but our DD felt the need to go "help" with transports on Narai. 

So 19/20 top 5 finishes and 4/5 achievements should be done tomorrow. 

All of those will put me at 5/6 and then I can hopefully pair up with someone to do the Dd spotting missions in 5-10 games. 

• Like 1

I do DD spotting with Marceau, this makes progress in ribbons/20 top 5.

Then i go for Ops in some BB ( maybe Massa ). Ribbons, achievement, pot damage.

Then coop with Georgia (ribbbons, pot damage / citadels ).

• Like 1

Done with week 6, i had time to spare to play a lot and thankfully my internet provider wasn't messing with my connection again. :classic_smile: I wish i could continue with week 7 right away.

• Like 2

Successfully meandered through week 6. Week 7 looks like a potential pain, but we'll see when Wednesday arrives.

• Like 1

After a dismal run in DDs this afternoon, I jumped into Asashio B in Randoms and had a huge spotting game. This propelled me to risk my neck again in her and numerous times in the HSF Harekaze, and that task got pushed over. Now with only one task left to do, I will probably just farm BB potential damage in Ranked and/or Randoms. Just 8.5 million to go after I got determined and decided to finish the FDG --> Preussen grind. 

• Like 1

At the moment, I've received 23,633,952 potential damage out of 30,000,000 million potential damage (while sailing a Cruiser) needed to completed one of the "Temper, Temper" dockyard mission tasks.

Last night I managed to get the be top 5 on your team mission done. Now I just have to play and get many many ribbons. Probably Jinan.

• Like 1

I'm not going to complete this week's mission or the dockyard. I can't get crap for PD and I went into randoms to try that and I'm insta-deleted and don't hit anything. Nothing but a hindrance to my team. In 10 games in coop I have a little over 1 million PD in cruisers. This weeks DD, BB and cruiser missions are impossible unless you play non-stop.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jagerbomb_2021 said:

I'm not going to complete this week's mission or the dockyard. I can't get crap for PD and I went into randoms to try that and I'm insta-deleted and don't hit anything. Nothing but a hindrance to my team. In 10 games in coop I have a little over 1 million PD in cruisers. This weeks DD, BB and cruiser missions are impossible unless you play non-stop.

It's possible to do okay when trying to receive potential damage while sailing a cruiser in Co-op.
Perhaps not every game yields over 1 million P.D., but I'm getting between 100k to 500k per game.
So, for me it is just a matter of time.  🙂 

Check the "hidden contents" sample in the linked post, if you're willing.

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/40-if-our-captains-could-talk-again/?do=findComment&comment=52899

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jagerbomb_2021 said:

If you're running Co-Op only you're on the right track running cruisers and battleships... It's a lot faster in randoms or ranked, of course, but it can be done. Pick something with reasonable armor and speed boost, so you can get in front of your compatriots and draw the bots' fire. Yolo right into the biggest nest of reds. Shoot into the ocean early to blow your cover and draw long range fire. I'd suggest Scharnhorst '43 and Carnot out of your arsenal as the best suited ships.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

Did both CV and DD spotting

I only did DD spotting, I found it quite easy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Both take less games on average. People were crazy doing the BB and CA potential damage.

Posted (edited)

OK clan mate and I alternated cruiser/dd tonight in coop. We both started fairly close to 0 total. 

Took 12 games in my Somers to get it, and then he played 10 in Shima. He had 2 full health cvs that helped get it done quicker. 

Hopped into operations together to get the achievement. Got Narai again and got unwanted help again. Ended up with the win but not enough damage to get Assistant. Played another and got a 2200 base game on Cherry Blossom to put me at 5/6 for the week. 

Just 15 million potential damage to go for this stage. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

Both take less games on average. People were crazy doing the BB and CA potential damage.

Yeah the DD spotting took me 4 games lol.

Hi all,

I only have 20M of potential damage in Cruisers to do in Ranked... it will be quick... the rest is done (did the 42M BB potential in Ranked as well)...

Leo "Apolo11"

Finally got my WeeVee '44 which was my goal. With them conveniently removing Asymmetric Battles this patch, it was rather miserable / not viable (for the time I was willing to waste) getting 1/2 earnings in Ops so I was forced to do spotting damage in randoms. 

Used my reload boost Kagero (why use smoke if you have to spot) and got screamed at by some BB for being useless. Solo capped, kept the 2 enemy CVs and a few trying to find me spotted for, like... forever but nobody shot at them. All sorts of nasty insults flew my way but a couple teammates called out the obnoxious BB for being an idiot potato (and stat shamed him). 2nd highest XP that match, go figure.

Another battle, didn't fire a single gun but scored 2K+ bxp with caps and spotting (and a few torps for the ones that were about to light me up). Got yelled at again... was team top by a good margin. 

I hate randoms and the toxicity there (not to mention subs, CVs, blowouts, etc, etc...). I'm tired of Operations and the way they've nerfed them. Asym is okay, at least I can play a large selection of ships. Brawls and Ranked are usually unavailable during the times I can play from here in Japan. 

I think it's time for me to wind this show down. I have premium until just after the summer and 300mil credits or so. Unless they introduce something interesting, I just can't see myself playing more than occasionally after that. And probably without much effort. Oddly enough, it's the last game installed on my computer. 

Back to gardening and camping. There's more to life than wasting hours upon hours grinding out pixels on my PC.

BTW, trying to earn potential damage in a BB in Operations is like watching the paint dry on a cold day. The counter barely moves as the bots... don't miss... They just deal damage. Fires, cits, turrets / torpedo tubes destroyed, you name it. Meanwhile you can score a few overpens on the HP boosted bots. Top that off with 1/2 earnings and it's maddening. 

• Like 3

This is how it currently looks like from my end. 

I initially tried the 'Help your team cause 500,000HP of damage upon your spotting' combat mission, but found it to be boring. LOL

Eventually I decided on doing the 42,000,000 HP potential damage mission. What the hell was I thinking, choosing what is probably a very lengthy mission in PVE. No worries, I thought, Asymmetric Battles will help the grind, but then I remembered the fools once again removed Asymmetric Battles! 

image.thumb.png.f8b0a2b0c031836e19d0b5537e87dccb.png

*what the doodle*.

I belatedly realized that I have to play Random Battles if I am to finish the 42M Potential Damage mission of Temper, Temper just in time before the next set of Combat Missions come online.

I can't continue doing this mission in Co-op where the amount of potential damage I get using a battleship are so meager at best. I took out St. Vincent once more, but this time in Random Battles.

After a couple of matches, finally, the potential damage mission counter moved forward by miles. 

1st battle: 1,706,666 Potential Damage in 12 minutes.

shot-24_05.18_23_03.29-0972.thumb.jpg.68510c230e2c5bc99b6281815b88b66b.jpgshot-24_05.18_23_03.31-0894.thumb.jpg.0d5802547214a1fe396d0cb2588100f4.jpg

2nd Battle: 2,764,819 Potential Damage in 16 minutes.

shot-24_05.18_22_11.02-0403.thumb.jpg.e060e7add41f9f4c5d3a6ac7e755f163.jpgshot-24_05.18_22_10.55-0186.thumb.jpg.03773c844873504dc5cea0edb4008776.jpg

3rd Battle: 2,611,950 Potential Damage in 11 minutes.

shot-24_05.19_00_06.46-0465.thumb.jpg.9336e81f0b7bbd6a89930c7e33bd07f7.jpgshot-24_05.19_00_06.38-0049.thumb.jpg.4bf3bc85638e7c99415c0614c1c3306e.jpg

2 hours ago, xamdam said:

I hate randoms and the toxicity there (not to mention subs, CVs, blowouts, etc, etc...).

I understand. Unfortunately, for some missions it is still the mode that most likely gives the most amount of progress, if played decently. Not much one can do about the toxicity but to just mute the chat.

And toxicity can also be savored in PVE. Recently, one of our team mates made a show on the in-game chat, in Co-op. LOL!

shot-24_05.16_00_12.08-0185.thumb.jpg.14edd82b585249739c0f31d83f7102ab.jpg

BTW, trying to earn potential damage in a BB in Operations is like watching the paint dry on a cold day. The counter barely moves as the bots... don't miss...

WG has gutted progress earned in Operations by a ridiculous 50%. The fools need to be spanked to instill in their minds the absurdity of their decision.

Back to gardening and camping. There's more to life than wasting hours upon hours grinding out pixels on my PC.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. There is so much more outside of this game. While it is most of the time a fun experience, the constant grind is akin to modern slavery. LOL

Having said that, my goal is to get the Wisconsin. I'm already near that goal (I got the West Virginia '44 from a Santa Crate using the New Year's Certificates), and I will definitely see a reduced amount of game time once the Tier X arrives on my virtual port.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beleaf said:
6 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I had done the DD spotting and had done some other stuff while sailing cruisers.  So, when I looked at my mission progress, I found that I had already completed some of the cruiser potential-damage criteria.  Choosing to continue doing so made sense, for me.  I expect to finish it, today.  And that will complete the 6 out of 6 required missions in the "Temper, Temper" mission-chain.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, xamdam said:

I hate randoms and the toxicity

An understandable sentiment.
Dealing with the obnoxious can either be a side-game, for me (like side-bets made in gambling games) or I can simply use the chat blocking and reporting tools available to me and move-on with my life.
If I don't feel like making witty banter with fools, then I can simply ensure that I won't have to listen to them.

Edit:  My self-esteem & happiness doesn't need to depend upon the opinions of others.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Hoorah! I finally got the WV '44.  I didn't much care for the '41 but this '44 BB has been giving me a real pita as an enemy.

To accumulate the 4500 ribbons, I used coach Dye's strategy of running it up the middle in co-op but used Napoli instead of Bo Jackson.

I just have half the potential dmg for cruisers to go to finish Temper Temper.  Or, I could go for the 215k dmg in one battle.

• Like 1

I've completed the task to receive 30 million potential damage, and with that completed 6 out of 6 required tasks in the "Temper, Temper" mission chain.

I've progressed to phase 19 of the Wisconsin dockyard event.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I just have half the potential dmg for cruisers to go to finish Temper Temper.  Or, I could go for the 215k dmg in one battle.

I couldn't get the 215K dmg but I did finish the cruiser potential dmg mainly with Petro in randoms.  This mission chain is done.

• Like 2

Yee haw!  Back from 2 weeks away down in Texas...  was unusually wet this time... in fact, I didn't realize the Alamo had a moat and lake...

Finished week 4 and should finish week 5 by tomorrow (dd bxp is going to be the holdup)... then the Temper, Temper that all are currently struggling through...  Going to be a stretch to get it all this time 🙂  but we have a holiday weekend upcoming so f I don't have too many festivities...  gotta get those priorities straight...     😄

• Like 3

12 hours ago, xamdam said:

Finally got my WeeVee '44 which was my goal.

🙂👍

• Like 1