The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

I've completed the "Get 20 citadel hit ribbons" task and progressed to Dockyard phase 16.

• Like 2

20 x top 5 finishes = done.

5 x achievements = done (in Ranked).

20 citadels = done.

Along the way:

3829 out of 4500 ribbons done; should finish tomorrow night.

8.7 million potential damage in BB (in excess of the 6M/day needed).

190K spotting damage in CV (in excess of the 172K/day needed).

Getting the achievements mission done makes the rest of this week significantly less grindy. 

• Like 1

Just finished the 30 mil cruiser PD task. I am now at 5/6 tasks completed. I have to choose which task to do next. I am PVE main and have no interest (or skill) in sub and CV. That left me either going for 45 mil BB PD or Op achievement. Which one is easier?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

Just finished the 30 mil cruiser PD task. I am now at 5/6 tasks completed. I have to choose which task to do next. I am PVE main and have no interest (or skill) in sub and CV. That left me either going for 45 mil BB PD or Op achievement. Which one is easier?

Go play operations if you wish to stay in PvE. 

As for me only got to play 4 coop games today but but a big dent in Citadels, hit ribbons, and knocked out 1 million cruiser potential damage. Planning to pair up with a clan mate to alternate dd spotting in coop when we are both on. 

• Like 1

Operations are not the path for farming potential damage. The bots hit more than they miss, combined with WG halving the results for Ops. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If only the median player would hit the barn while locked inside it more often than not, I would not have abandoned OPs

Posted (edited)

I think this is still an easy set of tasks. Citadel hits, ribbons, place in top 5... 

For the potential damage mission, I decided to use the Moskva, Napoli, and the Conde. With the first two, I've been getting 1 million to 1.2 million potential damage in Co-op. With the Conde (lighthouse build), I got lucky there was a bot Edgar on the enemy team that gave me 2.0 million potential damage. I'm now at 16 million potential damage. 

It could have been higher if not for that other human who was on a Hannover, who killed the fun by sinking the Edgar instead of that enemy CV. LOL

image.thumb.png.99884d76acf5f0d8e31bbd70aa3cf9f3.png

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 1

Took my brand-spankin'-new Azur Lane Agir out for a test-sail in a Co-op battle.

Completed the "Join the top 5 by experience received" mission task.
Also completed the daily "Earn 250 base XP" for the current battle-pass.

After earning 235,521 credits, scoring 83,360 damage, 40 main-gun hits, 1 torpedo hit, 3 incapacitations, 3 ships sunk ribbons, 4 fires set ribbons, 1 flooding ribbon, 1 defended ribbon, 1 assisted in capture ribbon, 80 secondary battery hits ribbons, 1 spotted ribbon and 2 depth-charge hits ribbons, --- I have a "satisfied" feeling.  😎

In addition to liking this ship, I progressed to Dockyard phase 17.

• Like 2

I took my Mainz into Ops and got 5 achievements in 3 games. The last one was a bang. With this, I completed Temper, Temper and Wisconsin is in the port. Temper, Temper is a bit harder than the previous 5 stages. With a bit of dedication, it's nothing to worry about. I used the speedy Marceau for the spotting damages primarily spotting CV's. Of course, you have to navigate through the DD's, CC's and BB's relatively unscathed. You can team up with a clanmate and make sure a CV is in the game. I used Napoli, Stalingrad and Moskva for the PD task. Just shoot early and then receive punishment.

image.thumb.png.5c8f0c5487920b819bb9928a560a2fee.png

image.thumb.png.1862ce82769e4a63717b8d61997cec65.png

image.thumb.jpeg.7bf4158504afc2fa0e12e7a64867d085.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For Cruiser PD task: If you have Marseille you can speedboost with 40 knots into the bots (Co-op), shoot early, watch your Priority Target counter go up to '6' (map and starting position dependent), switch on hydro, dodge battleship shells and torps and go out with over 1 million PD each match. My highest so far is over 1,5 million PD during a match. While doing so you can do the 'citadels' and 'best five' missions too.

Edited by BlueMax1916
  • Like 1

Completed the "Get 4,500 ribbons" task in the "Temper, Temper" mission chain.

Progressed to Dockyard phase 18.

I can confirm two things. 1, I'm a weeny. 2, the ship is very fun.

Posted (edited)

Star date 1864 

Captains Log

After returning to the Naval barracks and deciding to rest for the evening I am woken up by a strange individual in a uniform I have not seen before. 

Civil War Naval Hero David G. Farragut Was the Navy's First Admiral |  Defense Media Network 

The officer informs me some NOOB / POTATO player named TM63au has finally finished section 5 "Seventh Fleet Flagship " almost 3 days late having to use something called a " Submersible " to earn the last 4 " Flooding ribbons " whatever that is.

This has now put the project behind schedule.

I ask the officer what year is it as his uniform seems unfamiliar, I am informed its 1864, it seems I have slept 40 years and looking aghast down at the dockyard my beloved Wisconsin looks totally different when last I viewed the ship.

dockyard.jpg.f41ac4f7683ee0a8f7f11f6052c36a8b.jpg

I make a mental note not to sleep until the ship is completed

Spoiler

shot-24_05.17_20_11.14-0601.thumb.jpg.23f896a1459a9da5f910b89f1c195877.jpg

Then have this so called naval officer known as TM something or other court marshalled for incompetence. 

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Star date 1864 

Captains Log

After returning to the Naval barracks and deciding to rest for the evening I am woken up by a strange individual in a uniform I have not seen before. 

Civil War Naval Hero David G. Farragut Was the Navy's First Admiral |  Defense Media Network 

The officer informs me some NOOB / POTATO player named TM63au has finally finished section 5 "Seventh Fleet Flagship " almost 3 days late having to use something called a " Submersible " to earn the last 4 " Flooding ribbons " whatever that is.

This has now put the project behind schedule.

I ask the officer what year is it as his uniform seems unfamiliar, I am informed its 1864, it seems I have slept 40 years and looking aghast down at the dockyard my beloved Wisconsin looks totally different when last I viewed the ship.

dockyard.jpg.f41ac4f7683ee0a8f7f11f6052c36a8b.jpg

I make a mental note not to sleep until the ship is completed

Hide contents

shot-24_05.17_20_11.14-0601.thumb.jpg.23f896a1459a9da5f910b89f1c195877.jpg

Then have this so called naval officer known as TM something or other court marshalled for incompetence. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

giphy.gif 

Just trying to be different / creative  instead of the usual routine ( which by the way is perfectly fine ) comments / posts.

regards

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Just trying to be different / creative  instead of the usual routine ( which by the way is perfectly fine ) comments / posts.

regards

The different/creativity is appreciated.  I was merely rolling with it in my own way.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The different/creativity is appreciated.  I was merely rolling with it in my own way.  🙂 

👍

• Like 1

Ribbons task finished last night, but there wasn't much of that left anyway. 

CV spotting task is on track for daily quota, and my Yorktown is consequently getting far more play every day than the usual rotation; BB potential damage is a couple of million to the good. I've been leaning into battleships with speed boost for obvious reasons, but maybe I should just spam FDG (grinding toward Preussen) and let the chips fall where they may. 

16 hours ago, BlueMax1916 said:

For Cruiser PD task: If you have Marseille you can speedboost with 40 knots into the bots (Co-op), shoot early, watch your Priority Target counter go up to '6' (map and starting position dependent), switch on hydro, dodge battleship shells and torps and go out with over 1 million PD each match.

Maybe I should have chosen cruisers, but I started with BBs in the hope of winning a few Dreadnought awards in Ranked for the achievements mission (ended up getting a High Caliber and two CQEs instead) and figured I shouldn't waste the progress I'd made. In retrospect, even ditching battleships after day 1 for cruisers would have been less work. Hell, even picking up cruisers now would be just as much work per day, and possibly accomplished more easily as Blue Max points out (I don't have Marseille but I do have both Brest and Henri IV). Something to think about tonight...

• Like 1

I played BBs in Random all day yesterday and finished the 42M potential damage.  I also finished the 5 achievements, 20 citadels, top 5 in 20 battles. I'm around the half-way mark on the ribbons because I didn't play the sec spec  BBs much.  I just went up and down the tiers of various nations.   

• Like 1

Finished the non-ship type specific missions. Have about 9 million potential damage left for cruisers and 125,000 spotting damage for DD before I am done. Its hard to get that spotting damage in a DD in Coop. Everyone charges the bots out of the gate and you get very little spotting damage - unless there is a CV and you can spot it early enough for everyone else to shoot it.

More power to you with the BB mission @Ensign Cthulhu! I can't get focused with a BB in Coop very easily unless the stars align. Tried a couple of rounds in Operations but that'll take too long to complete when only half the potential damage counts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just starting this week.

Laughs at the Achievements Task.

Be nice if I could consciously do those like some seem to be able to do.

Hate Randoms; utterly despise 'Random' Ops. (Would be fine with knowing what Op I was going to play. Random Ops can go to hell.)

The rest of the stuff...

…grindy week, as many have said.

May just go out in Harugumo and spam hits for the Ribbons task.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Finished the week, I took the long route mainly because I got so sick and tired of spotting damage. I did the Cruiser and BB potential damage to finish out, it was a terrible grind but I got it done. I also earned a ton of credits in the process. Stick to easier missions but this week, that is my advice! But this was the one that worried me the most and I got it done. Now to prepare for next week!

Screenshot(102).thumb.png.3e86db8fd8ec87a2d16ff23accd32b04.png

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Finished the week, I took the long route mainly because I got so sick and tired of spotting damage. I did the Cruiser and BB potential damage to finish out, it was a terrible grind but I got it done. I also earned a ton of credits in the process. Stick to easier missions but this week was the one that worried me the most and I got it done. Now to prepare for next week!

Screenshot(102).thumb.png.3e86db8fd8ec87a2d16ff23accd32b04.png

For some reason, your post reminded me of this scene, and a specific line within it.
[Commander Kane]  "Stand-by all missiles for point-blank launch!"

Pegasus vs Two Cylon Baseships - Battlestar Galactica 1978

• Like 1

The one thing I dislike about these dockyards is whatever I need I don't get.

Take potential damage.  Normally I get about 500k a game in coop.  When I need it, lucky to get 100k a game.

Cits, don't need it, no problem getting them.  Need them, nope, even a full broadside cruiser, nothing.

Ribbons, nope, games will end quickly and you'll do almost nothing.

Very frustrating after a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wowzery said:

The one thing I dislike about these dockyards is whatever I need I don't get.

Take potential damage.  Normally I get about 500k a game in coop.  When I need it, lucky to get 100k a game.

Cits, don't need it, no problem getting them.  Need them, nope, even a full broadside cruiser, nothing.

Ribbons, nope, games will end quickly and you'll do almost nothing.

Very frustrating after a while.

I was having this same problem. Usually bots focus me down all the time but during this grind it was really hard...