The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

I finished week 5 and am sitting on Phase 29.

I've been playing the Asymmetric and been looking carefully at what is needed to complete the missions.

Was able to get 3 knocked off on Wednesday, and was able to get the final ones on Thursday and Friday. I've also been only playing enough to complete the 2 easy Golden Week missions, and any games after depend on my mood.

I have not been getting the three daily containers everyday, usually only getting two.

Overall have not been stressing the grind as much (I didn't complete the last 2 dockyards) and have taken the time to play a bit of Fallout 76 that I have recently picked up.

• Like 2

No trouble at all again for set 5, which is where I expected it to get tougher. We'll see if Weeks 6 and 7 become more intense or if it will be smooth sailing all the way to Wisconsin.

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

No trouble at all again for set 5, which is where I expected it to get tougher. We'll see if Weeks 6 and 7 become more intense or if it will be smooth sailing all the way to Wisconsin.

It won't, look at week 6 and you will not be amused.

• Like 2

Have completed the following tasks of the "Seventh Fleet Flagship" mission chain:
~ Get 90 "Set on fire" or "Caused floodin" ribbons
~ Get 200 "aircraft shot down" or "shot down by fighter" ribbons
~ Earn 9,500,000 credits
~ Get 15 "Captured" or "Assisted in capture" ribbons
~ Get 50 "Torpedo hits" ribbons
~ Get 40 "spotted" ribbons

I've reached Dockyard phase 15

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

It won't, look at week 6 and you will not be amused.

I've skimmed week six, and I didn't find it intimidating. The missions are tougher, but they synergize well - I think I can do it in less than 50 games, and I have a random day off work that week that the rest of my social circle does not, so plenty of time for WOWS. 

It's week seven that might be a problem.

• Like 1

i dont bother with the dockyard at this stage because it starts to get boring  . 

last dockyard ship i finished was schroder(dec 2022 )

Have completed the following tasks of the "Seventh Fleet Flagship" mission chain #5:
~ Get 90 "Set on fire" or "Caused flooding" ribbons
~ Get 200 "aircraft shot down" or "shot down by fighter" ribbons
~ Earn 9,500,000 credits
~ Get 15 "Captured" or "Assisted in capture" ribbons
~ Get 50 "Torpedo hits" ribbons
~ Get 40 "spotted" ribbons

~30k BXP in a BB

~4 kills in a game

I've reached Dockyard phase 17

• Like 4

Hi all,

I did my mission in:

• Brawl (BB = GK)
  • Asymetric (DD - re-grinding the original Z-52 German line - now at Tier VIII)

it was quick and easy...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tricericon said:

I've skimmed week six, and I didn't find it intimidating. The missions are tougher, but they synergize well - I think I can do it in less than 50 games, and I have a random day off work that week that the rest of my social circle does not, so plenty of time for WOWS. 

It's week seven that might be a problem.

I don't know, i find week 6 much more daunting than week 7. Getting all this potential damage will take me forever, if the Asymmeteric Battles were still available, no problem, but without them, it's going to be tough. Spotting is also not fun since OPs results are only counted half.

• Like 1

They announces the Ranked and Brawl lineups for 13.4 and this week respectively, and they look favorable for Dockyard grinders.

6v6 Ranked is very helpful for getting Top 5, greatly reduces competition for First Blood and makes High Caliber simpler.

The 2v2 Brawl that starts Monday will make late-week comebacks on Top 5 trivial for anyone with a Tier 10, and a comeback on Ribbons trivial for anyone with a Schlieffen. Citadels was already trivial for anyone with a speed-boost light cruiser and access to Co-Op, so the focus should be on the type-specific missions.

• Like 1

Well after disabling speedstepping in bios I seem to have the shutdown issue licked, fingers crossed. Going see about finding a replacement fan next before that bearing goes completely.

Got through 4 of 6 for the 5th stage, and halfway through the credits one. Now to decide between carrier planes shot down, sub floods, or either DD/BB base xp earned for the mission I need to finish it off.

• Like 4

So far this has been the easiest dockyard ever. I started this for the WV44 and am now looking at it thinking the Wisconsin is do-able. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finished the 5th level on Sunday. The caps were very painful to get, but that was because matchmaker kept screwing with me. I took one look at week 6, and I know that this is the week I pass 80 battles in Essex, and seeing as I frequently get Defensive AA Expert and Combat Scout in it, I think the achievements mission won't be so bad for me. Potential Damage is easy in secondary battleships. I just got enough Research Points to get a ship from the bureau, so maybe I get Ohio instead of Vampire II to farm potential damage alongside my Kurfurst and Pommern.

• Like 2

Finished level 5 two days ago, "whaled" the remaining stages today. Not in the mood and condition for a lengthened dockyard anymore. The "Wisconsin" handles very nicely, and I'm glad I have her in my harbor. She'll be played quite often that's for sure. Underneath the first and only battle so far. I tried her out in Asym. 

Skjermbilde 2024-05-14 123034.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-05-14 123052.jpg

The release of "Ghost of Tsushima" on PC this Thursday will make a serious dent in my mission progressions...... 

Will probably need to use some "Flex time" at work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

The release of "Ghost of Tsushima" on PC

I saw that.  Looks fantastic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

I finished the 5th level on Sunday. The caps were very painful to get, but that was because matchmaker kept screwing with me. I took one look at week 6, and I know that this is the week I pass 80 battles in Essex, and seeing as I frequently get Defensive AA Expert and Combat Scout in it, I think the achievements mission won't be so bad for me. Potential Damage is easy in secondary battleships. I just got enough Research Points to get a ship from the bureau, so maybe I get Ohio instead of Vampire II to farm potential damage alongside my Kurfurst and Pommern.

1 hour ago, OT2_2 said:

Finished level 5 two days ago, "whaled" the remaining stages today. Not in the mood and condition for a lengthened dockyard anymore. The "Wisconsin" handles very nicely, and I'm glad I have her in my harbor. She'll be played quite often that's for sure. Underneath the first and only battle so far. I tried her out in Asym. 

Oops.  I'm out of available emoji reactions, again.  So...
image_2023-08-15_105643113.thumb.png.83ae1e2ced8c00ed415008f9cb097139.png  CommanderMcBraggApproves_meme_12-14-2022_.thumb.jpg.0ce5ff020cbd60fc7740c30ff0622401.jpg 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, HogHammer said:

I saw that.  Looks fantastic.

Looks freakin amazing! (even tho its 4 years old on consol....) And me and the misses just watched the full season of "Shogun" on Disney so im Psyched up like a MF.

Cant wait to kill of the Mongol invasion.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

As for Tsushima, I don't think we've yet had any sort of event or missions featuring Tsushima. Quite lamentable.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

As for Tsushima, I don't think we've yet had any sort of event or missions featuring Tsushima. Quite lamentable.

We really should.....

• Like 2

I just needed one token to finish the dockyard.  

image.thumb.png.b16752b944f9f0731df422a8d84f2e9e.png

image.thumb.png.d152e61be2d56f59853b6f4779c02956.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Completed 4/6 tasks (500K spotting damage, 20 citadels, 20 top 5 and 4500 ribbons) of Temper, Temper. Currently @ 29 of the ship building phase. I am working on the Cruiser 30 mil PD task with 5 mil done. The rest should have no problem. Just take a tough cruiser, attract attention and take punishment.

• Like 2

Took my day off early with the flu and dove into the missions. 50 games was an overestimate; after 27, I now doubt think it will even take 40. I went 9-7 over 16 Random Battles and 6-4 over 10 Ranked battles, plus 1 round of Co-Op.

DD spotting took 5 games. The 5th achievement was a CQC in game eight; the 20th top 5 finish was in game 27. I'm one citadel, 1.3k ribbons, and 17k potential damage short of finishing the week. That's ~11 games of tanky Tier 10 BB play for potential damage (which is clearly furthest away) at my average, which I can probably cut down by running superdreadnoughts instead of battlecruisers.

Observations:
- It's a good week for German BBs or the USN Mass-Ohio "line". CQC is a relatively easy achievement to get, and they rack up potential damage and ribbons.
- Today was BB heavy, a really good day for sneaky DDs to farm huge spotting scores.
- Submarine or CV spotting probably would have been a more efficient route than BB potential damage.
- Week 6 is now trivial for me, and "Week" 8 was always going to be relatively easy. If I can manage effective cap farming next week I'm home free.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Completed the "Earn 5 achievements" task while sailing my Hatsuharu, Captained by Kaigun Shōshō Hiei (the 2nd., 13 skill points) in 7 random (Edit: and 3 scenario operation) battles.
It required 10 battles, 5 Victories & 5 Defeats to accomplish the task, which is part of the "Temper, Temper" Dockyard mission-chain.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I am Yoloing the Napoli in Coop for Potential Damage for that mission averaging about 1.5 million a game, it should come by fast. I will do the same for the BB missions and then I am almost done with achievements.

• Like 2