The Wisconsin Dockyard progress topic.

Wolfswetpaws

Post your progress of dockyard phases and/or completion of dockyard missions.

Tonight I've completed Stage 1 of my dockyard progress, and completed the "800 ribbons" while sailing a CV mission.

• Like 6

Well, for Wisconsin herself, she's already in my port.  As for progress, I haven't started yet.  I've been out of the game for a good while, was just completely burned out.  But with Asm back and steel to be earned:

5ds9s_.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, with just 5 matches in Wisconsin, I was able to complete the 1k BB ribbon mission.  If you can get her in there, she'll rack up secondary hit pretty fast for a US BB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Post your progress of dockyard phases and/or completion of dockyard missions.

Tonight I've completed Stage 1 of my dockyard progress, and completed the "800 ribbons" while sailing a CV mission.

Finished most of the stage one missions. Waiting until next week to get access to stage 2.

• Like 2

Took 11 matches to get the submarine mission done.  Used Gato for that one.  Had to do 1 match in FDR to get 1 aircraft kill. Smile_veryhappy.gif.0e8d9f242866cb0a7c73df1b523dbc30.gif

Managed to complete the the shipbuilding tokens while working the other things.

Now waiting on Stage 2.

• Like 1

I've progressed to Dockyard phase 2.

• Like 2

1k BB ribbons is pretty straightforward, completed mine in Illinois in COOP fairly quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Efros said:

1k BB ribbons is pretty straightforward, completed mine in Illinois in COOP fairly quickly.

It has always been Schlieffen with Lutjens for me. The sheer amount of guns plus the German commander's talent have been very effective in getting combat missions done that I sometimes I refrain from firing my main guns because it would prematurely sink the bot ship and prevent the farming of more BB ribbons. The only thing that can potentially limit the farming are Klebers and Paolo Emilios. Worse, there times when the bots detonate. LOL

• Like 2

I just completed the "1,000 Ribbons" with a battleship mission, while sailing my Kansas in an asymmetric battle.

To be fair, I sailed several ships over the past two days.
This morning the participants were the Arizona, Kongo, Kii, Yumihari, Constellation and Kansas.
Last night, I sailed the Mutsu, the Mackensen and the Prinz Eitel Friedrich.
Mostly, I was trying for secondary-battery ribbons.  But, it took me longer than I expected (the Kii did the best, with 222 sec-bat ribbons).

The Kansas did okay, though, and was alone on a flank with three to four red-team ships targeting her at various moments.
47 main-gun hits, 6 incapacitations, 1 sinking, 8 fires set, 1 citadel hit, 5 defended ribbons, 1 captured ribbon, 62 secondary-battery hits, 4 ships spotted ribbons, contributing to 122,563 points of damage done on the New Dawn map - Asymmetric Battle - Domination (I was near the A capture zone for most of the match).

With the 1000 BB ribbons mission, I completed the "Big Whiskey is Born" section requirements to earn another dockyard construction phase.
Missions accomplished, thus far.
10 Aircraft shot-down by Fighter
Get 20 incapacitations ribbons
Get 20 destroyed ribbons
Cause 1,200,000 HP of damage to ships
Get 800 ribbons while sailing an Aircraft Carrier
Get 1,000 ribbons while sailing a Battleship

So, I've completed Dockyard phase 3, so far.

• Like 4

I'm meandering through the missions slowly, since I'll have no trouble clearing stage one by Wednesday and the specific ships I'm working right now aren't ribbon machines. If I'm behind pace by the weekend my Schlieffen class ship and some hold-down-the-trigger DD or CL will solve things in a few games of Asymmetries.

Still debating whether to go for the 2-stage starter or save my doubloons and spend without the 1,000 dub discount for two stages if I clear all relevant missions. Some risk either way.

• Like 2

Something I forgot to mention, I did the entire stage in Asm.

2 hours ago, Efros said:

Surprised you didn't do it in Asm.  I am not going to lie, I completely forgot about Illinois.  Smile_hiding.gif.cdf76a0f483ae27a64003ea79a3bf5ec.gif 

Wisconsin has proven herself to me.  She has an amazing heal, more so than I thought, and her secondaries will do work if you can get in there a bit.  She doesn't have Massy's secondary RoF and accuracy, but I found her to be better than most other US BB's.  Yes...I spec'd her for secondaries.  Obviously I took Arty Plot Room for final slot though.  She surprised me with how well she'll tank torpedoes as well and her accuracy is solid, and her punch is good.  LONG dcp CD though.

If you can work to her, do it.  I personally think she's worth the effort. Smile_great.gif.ff9d4ab3002206b67ce1d47fd4d2411a.gif

Edited by Volron
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Volron said:

LONG dcp CD though.

It is the standard 80s, is it not?

1 hour ago, Volron said:

Surprised you didn't do it in Asm.  I am not going to lie, I completely forgot about Illinois. 

Not a huge fan to be honest, I did toy with the idea of Hannover and GK but the secondary hits can be a bit of a lottery sometimes.

48 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It is the standard 80s, is it not?

Honestly, it could be?  Feels longer than what I am used too.  Then again I haven't played in like a month or two, so I be rusty.

30 minutes ago, Efros said:

Not a huge fan to be honest, I did toy with the idea of Hannover and GK but the secondary hits can be a bit of a lottery sometimes.

Since the skill rework, if you want effective secondaries you need to play the German battlecruisers.

Finished the first set in around 10 matches of asymmetrics (3 GA, 7 Yodo I think). Didnt take long.

I have bought the 2+9? Starter packs since Ive had 20k dubs on my account for half a decade now. Might as well use them. Wisconsin is the only ship Ive felt I would buy if necessary after around 2019-2020. 

Waiting on the next set of missions to open. I dislike time games gates meeeeh

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Like 1

I finished the shootdowns, cruiser ribbons and incapacitations missions last night, and was just about to start on DD ribbons (had loaded in and was moving forward) when my internet sh** its pants for an extended period and made me pink. It was late enough at that point that I was about to go to bed anyway.

I should never have had that last game. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Finished the first set of missions in co-op took about an hour and forty five minutes.

GK for BB 1k, Minotaur for Cruiser 1.5k and finished off getting the remaining couple of incapacitations mission in. St Vincent.

The other missions completed at same times as the BB and cruiser missions.

I don't think for one minute that the following weeks are going to go quite as smoothly, from past dockyards the first one seems to always be easier.

I certainly don't like the time gates having to wait a week for the next set is a real pain. WoT is a lot better in this regard the current season of 3 battle passes can be completed one after another without having to wait.

Edited by Bigruss42
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Completed Stage 1 like an hour ago.

Aside from the Token-missions I played BBs and DDs. Normally I would have played Cruisers.

Farming the DD ribbons was quite fun and relaxing - Östergötland in Asyms mostly.

As others already stated, it was a smooth and pretty easy grind.

Edited by Captain_82
  • Like 3

knocked off the first stage on Wednesday between Co-Op and Asymmetric battles.

Smolensk, Minotaur, and Brisbane were excellent to knock out the ribbons for Cruisers.
Hannover (w/secondary booster) was great for the BB.

Overall, I am not really worried about the grind.

• Like 2

I am now waiting for Level 2 of my first Dockyard that I am going to actually try to get. Any tips from ya'll would be appreciated

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

knocked off the first stage on Wednesday between Co-Op and Asymmetric battles.

Smolensk, Minotaur, and Brisbane were excellent to knock out the ribbons for Cruisers.
Hannover (w/secondary booster) was great for the BB.

Overall, I am not really worried about the grind.

I got the Cruiser mission done with the Atlanta and Napoli mainly, the Napoli secondaries sure helped

• Like 2

Hi all,

I only have BB mission to do (1.000 hits)... with use Schlieffen in CoOp...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I am now waiting for Level 2 of my first Dockyard that I am going to actually try to get. Any tips from ya'll would be appreciated

Im far from an expert but it seems like playing "Insert best ship for the mission" in Asymmetric battles (when possible) seems to be the way to go. Trying to finish all these in regular Random or Coop is probably very inefficient. 

Good ships (depends of course) will probably be:

• Schlieffen
  • Napoli
  • Sherman
  • Kleber/Marceau
  • CVs
  • Subs

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Synergize your missions as much as possible. Identify the two easiest class-locked missions and target them with ships that will get the general missions. For example, to speed-run level two, you might try something like the following approach:

- Take out your best secondary BB (I'd use Schlieffen w/Lutjens) in Asymmetries, pushing caps fairly aggressively. This will wear down "1,200 hits in a BB", "30 fires", & "8 caps" pretty quickly and "15 floods" (if you're in a torpedo armed BB, which is a reason to prefer Schlieffen over, say, Ohio) and "19k BXP" at an acceptable rate.

- When you finish "1,200 hits in a BB", switch to a cruiser with good secondaries or rapid fire guns (I'd use Napoli) and preferably one with torpedoes it can survive close enough to use (which is why I'd take Napoli over my USN CA, 6", and 5" options). This will wipe out "1,700 hits in a cruiser" fast and continue the other four missions listed above.

- When you finish "1,700 hits in a CC", switch to a ship optimized to push whichever mission you are short on. For example, if it's "8 caps" of "30 fires", get a fast DD with good HE, or if it's "19k BXP" subs get a boost in that category, or if its "15 floods" the T6 Independence faces T4 bots with no AA and can rack up 15 floods in a single game. You get the idea.

• Like 2