The event pass for 13.3 is disingenuous and user hostile.

SolitudeFreak

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What happened to Monday-Tuesday?

Never heard of them.

At least not in connection with the 7000 BXP tasks. Those showed up new on the last BP; they re-formulated the weekly-renewing tasks. The 25,000 bxp task lasted all week, (it still does) but the 7000 bxp tasks were available over weekends during 13.3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Never heard of them.

At least not in connection with the 7000 BXP tasks. Those showed up new on the last BP; they re-formulated the weekly-renewing tasks. The 25,000 bxp task lasted all week, (it still does) but the 7000 bxp tasks were available over weekends during 13.3.

Thank you, never imagined there are so many complexities with just the missions alone these days.

17 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Same here, got the lucky draw and i can't resist another commander with a unique voiceover, so i will get it, if i manage to finish it that is.

43d.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=9bcbe72549dd40bc2  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Thank you, never imagined there are so many complexities with just the missions alone these days.

I should add I’m assuming they still last three days - I didn’t log in yesterday to notice if these tasks were available yet or not. I assume they were.

Anyone? Were these three 7000 BXP BP tasks available last night?

17 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

And here I thought this would be about the three 7000 BXP missions moved from the weekend to weeknights. (well, Wednesday-Thursday-Friday)

I haven't even verified the current mission structure. Yesterday it seemed the same as last patch. But even then, when they monkeyed with that, the end result was the same for everyone.

This issue solely centers on opting us into a manipulative test.

It's so crazy how this patch was LITERALLY a slam dunk for me until I found out how the pass works and what they're doing to us.

I suppose I can at least say Asymmetric is very fun as usual and the DY missions seem reasonable, albeit a bit grindy.

50 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

And here I thought this would be about the three 7000 BXP missions moved from the weekend to weeknights. (well, Wednesday-Thursday-Friday)

When I played last night (Wednesday) I had three active missions: the two daily missions and the weekly 25k BXP one. The only difference I notice relative to last patch was that rather than being listed but not active, the 7k BXP weekend mission (F-Su) that could be completed 3x was missing entirely. I assumed that this was just an interface change and expected it to show up upon the sever reset Friday morning.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

This issue solely centers on opting us into a manipulative test.

It's so crazy how this patch was LITERALLY a slam dunk for me until I found out how the pass works and what they're doing to us.

I suppose I can at least say Asymmetric is very fun as usual and the DY missions seem reasonable, albeit a bit grindy.

From a purely utilitarian point of view, the timing of this testing does make sense. Asymmetric Battles and WI means there is a lot of hype for this update, which usually means higher levels of player/customer engagement

Of course, whoever is making these decisions at WG has once again demonstrated that they either really don’t understand their playerbase or simply don’t care about how this would be perceived. It shouldn’t be a surprise that these unannounced shenanigans would be noticed and wouldn’t go over well.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The only difference I notice relative to last patch was that rather than being listed but not active, the 7k BXP weekend mission (F-Su) that could be completed 3x was missing entirely. I assumed that this was just an interface change and expected it to show up upon the sever reset Friday morning.

Last patch, they didn’t show up until they were active, as well. At least after week 1 of the patch, that’s how they worked.

10 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I have to admit that I find the idea of different people getting different anything to be odious.

Different quests, different BPs, none of that is a reasonable game mechanic in my eyes.

I honestly can't figure out what WG are thinking with this.

Market analysis.  Who is more inclined to.........."x" versus "y".   So, they set up several A/B choices and measure the revenue generation against comments....  Our comments. 

They test segment players (some of whom are in this forum......)  BTW, some players are full time game employees whose "job" is to feel us out in this forum and on chat.... 

A sure give-a-way is when a player refuses to use Discord when divisioning....  i.e.:  I know of two female players that simply won't use Discord:  one of them is playing the grandfather's account and lives across town...>!  "Hi Ashley !!!"  She goes to school with my Grandson !!!  There are several Game corporations that "require" employees to play and use their versions of DEVSTRIKE.... 

It's a business and we are in a very small niche segment that limits what they "could do" versus what they "can afford"....

I got the doubloons track. This is quite astonishing, because it must mean that WeeGee hates someone else even more than me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Asym said:

Market analysis.  Who is more inclined to.........."x" versus "y".   So, they set up several A/B choices and measure the revenue generation against comments....  Our comments. 

They test segment players (some of whom are in this forum......)  BTW, some players are full time game employees whose "job" is to feel us out in this forum and on chat.... 

A sure give-a-way is when a player refuses to use Discord when divisioning....  i.e.:  I know of two female players that simply won't use Discord:  one of them is playing the grandfather's account and lives across town...>!  "Hi Ashley !!!"  She goes to school with my Grandson !!!  There are several Game corporations that "require" employees to play and use their versions of DEVSTRIKE.... 

It's a business and we are in a very small niche segment that limits what they "could do" versus what they "can afford"....

I'm not on Discord.  Thus, I can't use Discord when divisioning.
I'm also not a WG/WOWs employee.

Personally, I'd be surprised if a WG/WOWs employee wasn't here on DevStrike! observing without interacting. 
Simply to cover all the figurative bases, eh?

Out of curiosity, what is a "segment player"?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Last patch, they didn’t show up until they were active, as well. At least after week 1 of the patch, that’s how they worked.

Regardless, I don’t see these Wednesday to Friday missions you were talking about, so it looks like that is another variation WG is testing.

8 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Regardless, I don’t see these Wednesday to Friday missions you were talking about, so it looks like that is another variation WG is testing.

Well, check now (if you can maybe you’re at work and can’t)

I’ve got all four missions showing (at home telecommuting - I did a login to grab the daily login rewards and scope the build while having morning coffee.)

And do get back on this - maybe all you’ll see is the same three missions you saw last night…and WG is doing behavioral testing on different grinds as well as the rewards?

54 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

When I played last night (Wednesday) I had three active missions: the two daily missions and the weekly 25k BXP one. The only difference I notice relative to last patch was that rather than being listed but not active, the 7k BXP weekend mission (F-Su) that could be completed 3x was missing entirely. I assumed that this was just an interface change and expected it to show up upon the sever reset Friday morning.

Same

28 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm not on Discord.  Thus, I can't use Discord when divisioning.
I'm also not a WG/WOWs employee.

Personally, I'd be surprised if a WG/WOWs employee wasn't here on DevStrike! observing without interacting. 
Simply to cover all the figurative bases, eh?

Out of curiosity, what is a "segment player"?

Players whom the corporation "evaluates" the analysis those players give... 

2 minutes ago, Asym said:

Players whom the corporation "evaluates" the analysis those players give... 

I'm going to assume that WG/WOWs has a list of those players and the information is proprietary and kept compartmentalized to some degree or another.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm going to assume that WG/WOWs has a list of those players and the information is proprietary and kept compartmentalized to some degree or another.

"You would be CORRECT Sir !"   All corporations i have ever worked with,  have "advisory councils" of customers whom they trust....or, want something from.

DEVSTRIKE has several you can always count on to...........[fill in the action here].   That has a purpose. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Asym said:

"You would be CORRECT Sir !"   All corporations i have ever worked with,  have "advisory councils" of customers whom they trust....or, want something from.

DEVSTRIKE has several you can always count on to...........[fill in the action here].   That has a purpose. 

Thanks.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You still stand to get greater value than you are coughing up.

No. When you contrast that with the other paid track, you will clearly see the trick Wargaming has foisted on you, unless you're back to defending WG once again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

I remember realizing this with the CV changes....and then lobbying for WG to realize that their advisory council for carrier gameplay was completely incompetent.

Boy did that get a frosty reception...but the facts of years of development without hitting targets does shine through the bull spewed by the marketing guys.

• Haha 2

A lot of the questions here are answered in the news article that came out today.  Article is late, but unless one was hell-bent on spending dubs, no big deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Article is late, but unless one was hell-bent on spending dubs, no big deal.

Lately these types of articles have been released on the EU/Asia timetable, i.e. a day late for NA players.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I remember realizing this with the CV changes....and then lobbying for WG to realize that their advisory council for carrier gameplay was completely incompetent.

Boy did that get a frosty reception...but the facts of years of development without hitting targets does shine through the bull spewed by the marketing guys.

Aye-up.......   Ah, in the real world, we have the same thing....  Customers whom wanted what they wanted on the Advisory Counsel.   And, true to form, one of them "assumed" because he was on the counsel, whatever he wanted was green lit for a unique mod to his business jet:  he wanted an aft compartment "star trek door"....that worked and sounded "exactly" (and, I mean exactly sounded) just like the compartment doors in the shows....  So, we sent an audio interior engineer to Hollywood to get the exact soundtrack used for the doors.  We had the doors created and the door closing speeds matched to the exact film versions....  Then, the EE guys created the closure safety protocols (which was taken from the M1A1 ammo blast doors safety switching) and installed the same sensitivity triggers as the Army's blast doors....  Had to burn test (FAR 25) those monstrosities for a few weeks and then mounted the prototype in an unused demo shell....  He changed his mind because his Wife (?) was afraid of getting squashed by the "bedroom doors" which was also his office....   The cost:  close to five million 20 years ago....and, today, I doubt you could do it !

Every time he came in for service after that, the CS front doors were wired to make the Star Trek door sound when we knew he was coming....

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

A lot of the questions here are answered in the news article that came out today.  Article is late, but unless one was hell-bent on spending dubs, no big deal.

This article?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/golden-week-event-pass/

Additionally, in Update 13.3, we're trying a new approach when it comes to rewards for the second progression line—you can now earn Doubloons by progressing through its levels. This means that you can earn back the Doubloons used to unlock it.

As part of the test, the reward composition will be different for each player. Some players will be able to receive the full sum of Doubloons spent on unlocking the second progression line, while others will be able to earn half the number of spent Doubloons and some additional in-game resources—specifically, Coal.

Plain text:
"Additionally, in Update 13.3, we're trying a new approach when it comes to rewards for the second progression line—you can now earn Doubloons by progressing through its levels. This means that you can earn back the Doubloons used to unlock it.

As part of the test, the reward composition will be different for each player. Some players will be able to receive the full sum of Doubloons spent on unlocking the second progression line, while others will be able to earn half the number of spent Doubloons and some additional in-game resources—specifically, Coal."

• Like 1

I noticed last night I was on the "free" track if I complete the BP. Since I'll be playing a lot due to dockyard it will most likely be a purchase at the end. 

• Like 2