Dockyard Missions UGH

AdmiralThunder

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

So if I understand the 3 stages "bonus" for the V.W.44 then I should be able to bypass 3 of the most horrific missions (like the 60 000 Base XP one) of the last mission chain then. 

If you have purchased the dockyard starter pack and also already have WV44 you will be able to bypass some of the later missions yes.

On 4/10/2024 at 10:21 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Week 2

Still an easy task list of missions that can be done in a day or two. I have ships specifically configured for these kind of missions. Schlieffen, Smolensk, Jager, Illinois, etc., these are some of my go-to ships for Dockyard and other combat missions.

Now I've been thinking of how to do Week 2 missions using tech tree ships that I have but do not normally use for any combat mission.

With the Seattle, Budyonny, Schors, Sejong:

• 30 Fires

• 1,700 Main/Secondary Hits

• 8 Capture or Assist 

With the Tashkent, Chung Mu, Hsienyang:

• 15 Floods

• 42 Torpedo Hits

With the Columbo, Zieten, Lyon:

• 1,200 Main/Secondary Hits

The 19,000 Base XP mission will be completed along the way.

Just to challenge myself, I think I'll try using these. For a change.

LOL

For those of you worried about the 60K base XP mission in the final stage. Remind yourself that you have TWO weeks to complete the final stage. Remember, 6 stages and 7 weeks means the last stage has 2 weeks to complete. It's not as onerous as previous dockyards that had 50k base xp missions for each of the ship classes (needing 2 of those).

Anyone who completes the weekly 25K event pass mission should have absolutely no trouble grinding 60k in 2 weeks.

Just relax, and keep playing.

I'm more concerned with week 6

That is a lot of potential damage and Asym ends by then.

2 hours ago, Beleaf said:

I'm more concerned with week 6

That is a lot of potential damage and Asym ends by then.

Naaah NP, take Khaba or Kleber and press Engine boost and dakka, 2 mil potential per match easy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frostbow said:

• 15 Floods

• 42 Torpedo Hits

Regarding torp hits, floods on bots do anyone know if there is still this bug that if you target a bot with torps and launch, he will do a perfect dodge? There was at least a while back where you had to aim with the grey prediction line and then un-target the bot and then launch and then they didn't do the dodge but instead sailed straight like normal.

4 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

For those of you worried about the 60K base XP mission in the final stage. Remind yourself that you have TWO weeks to complete the final stage. Remember, 6 stages and 7 weeks means the last stage has 2 weeks to complete. It's not as onerous as previous dockyards that had 50k base xp missions for each of the ship classes (needing 2 of those).

Anyone who completes the weekly 25K event pass mission should have absolutely no trouble grinding 60k in 2 weeks.

Just relax, and keep playing.

I will just pretty much go full Main on subs for that. Even easy for unexperienced players to do those missions in subs, dont really have to do much or get damage or kills, just sail around on the surface all game and spot and you get 2-3000 Base XP per game.

25 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Regarding torp hits, floods on bots do anyone know if there is still this bug that if you target a bot with torps and launch, he will do a perfect dodge? There was at least a while back where you had to aim with the grey prediction line and then un-target the bot and then launch and then they didn't do the dodge but instead sailed straight like normal

As far as I can tell yes, if you unselect the bot and launch torps then roughly to the marker they almost always ignore them, if not jedi sense is in play…

Thats for longer shots, short range with yolo emilio for instance they dont have time

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Musashi was never a Dockyard ship. Do you mean Hizen, or perhaps Daisen?

Yeah Hizen, my mistake. Thanks.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Regarding torp hits, floods on bots do anyone know if there is still this bug that if you target a bot with torps and launch, he will do a perfect dodge? There was at least a while back where you had to aim with the grey prediction line and then un-target the bot and then launch and then they didn't do the dodge but instead sailed straight like normal.

I will just pretty much go full Main on subs for that. Even easy for unexperienced players to do those missions in subs, dont really have to do much or get damage or kills, just sail around on the surface all game and spot and you get 2-3000 Base XP per game.

Bots will sometimes perfectly dodge as soon as you touch the launch button on your torpedoes.  I think if you are the bot's primary target, it will perform the super dodge.  Other times they will sail straight and dumb.  Maybe if another ship is the bot's primary target?

It will NOT be easy for inexperienced players to get 2-3k Base XP per game in a sub.  The majority of sub players I see get sunk early and end up at the bottom of the scoreboard.  If you know how to play a sub, nice Base XP totals can be had pretty regularly.

3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Naaah NP, take Khaba or Kleber and press Engine boost and dakka, 2 mil potential per match easy

Potential damage is not a DD task that week.

image.png.754e524cc8d7073710e0265b39c4208c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Potential damage is not a DD task that week.

image.png.754e524cc8d7073710e0265b39c4208c.png

Ahh I see now class specific for bbs... Still not that hard if you play in something that can kite like Burger or agressively in a sec bb like furst for isntance...

Edit:
It is an annoying grindfest though ofc

Edited by Yedwy

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

It will NOT be easy for inexperienced players to get 2-3k Base XP per game in a sub.  The majority of sub players I see get sunk early and end up at the bottom of the scoreboard.  If you know how to play a sub, nice Base XP totals can be had pretty regularly.

The problem with using a Sub against bots is that bots are granted the position of their target at all times and default to the weakest/smallest target.  For this reason, Subs are largely rendered extremely difficult to play, as you need to take out the bot with your first salvo at mid to long range or be hounded at point blank range until you surface and die.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

The problem with using a Sub against bots is that bots are granted the position of their target at all times and default to the weakest/smallest target.  For this reason, Subs are largely rendered extremely difficult to play, as you need to take out the bot with your first salvo at mid to long range or be hounded at point blank range until you surface and die.  

In asymetric? No need to even dive, just stay out of detection range and spam torps, they dont drop you if you are not spotted

4 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

It is not a 'bug', but rather an enhancement introduced by Wargaming to the bots. I confirmed this with Tuccy_Wows of Wargaming EU a couple of years ago.

26 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

It is an annoying grindfest though ofc

It will be tough, but I think it's doable. PR 2 had similar challenges, and Somme had the WORST spotting mission known to man, 1 million spotting damage.

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

In my experience, the bots are all-seeing, all the time.  Not so bad, generally speaking, but when playing a sub with a cv on the bot team, it's a different story.  In these cases, planes are sent directly to my sub right from the start.  So I dive, then the planes loiter over me- all this without me ever being spotted.  Similar things happen with surface ships congregating over me, then light me  up with sonar, then DC and airstrike me into oblivion (this was more rare than the planes, but still aggravating).  For a class that is generally slow, stealth is by far the number one tool, and the all-seeing of bots makes them difficult to play correctly, as it keeps me slow, underwater and unable to spot. My experience comes from grinding out all the tech tree sub lines, pretty much in co op.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Still an easy task list of missions that can be done in a day or two. I have ships specifically configured for these kind of missions. Schlieffen, Smolensk, Jager, Illinois, etc., these are some of my go-to ships for Dockyard and other combat missions.

Now I've been thinking of how to do Week 2 missions using tech tree ships that I have but do not normally use for any combat mission.

With the Seattle, Budyonny, Schors, Sejong:

• 30 Fires

• 1,700 Main/Secondary Hits

• 8 Capture or Assist 

• 15 Floods

• 42 Torpedo Hits

With the Columbo, Zieten, Lyon:

• 1,200 Main/Secondary Hits

The 19,000 Base XP mission will be completed along the way.

Just to challenge myself, I think I'll try using these. For a change.

LOL

For me week 2 will probably be...

• 30 Fires + 1700 MBH/SBH Cruiser (Smolensk - maybe I will use my Hindenburg with its secondary build to speed it up?)
  • 15 Floods + 42 Torp Hits DD (Benham)

I "should" be able to do those 4 tasks with those 2 ships. Then the 19K BXP and 8 Caps for the building phase tokens will get done whenever they do.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

30 Fires + 1700 MBH/SBH Cruiser (Smolensk - maybe I will use my Hindenburg with its secondary build to speed it up?)

Depending on what the situation throws at you, you may even pick up a few floods in the Smol. 

5 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Bots will sometimes perfectly dodge as soon as you touch the launch button on your torpedoes.  I think if you are the bot's primary target, it will perform the super dodge.  Other times they will sail straight and dumb.  Maybe if another ship is the bot's primary target?

My experience from back in the day when this was introduced, I could target a bot and he perform a perfect dodge, if I target him and un-click him right before I launch, he will do nothing and eat all torps.

Yes, but if they just stay at safe distance and dont get themselves spotted infront of entire team they can just sit there and spot and they will earn boat loads of Base XP. I think I had a T10 game in the T8 german sub and with 53 K damage I got 3000 Base XP. Just sit 12-13 K away from the BBs, then you spot most of them but they just have 11 km ASW range.

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

It is not a 'bug', but rather an enhancement introduced by Wargaming to the bots. I confirmed this with Tuccy_Wows of Wargaming EU a couple of years ago.

Im a bit skeptical to say the least. Im guessing they introduced a bug that they have no clue of how to fix (like they do in most updates), and rather than say that they say they implemented "An enhancement".

Let's face it, why would WG give all bots permanent hydro? 

• 4 weeks later...

Now that i'm done with week 5, i look at week 6, not liking what i'm seeing, any advice on the class specific missions? I don't play CVs or Subs, but i have two CVs and one sub, if abolutely necessary, i guess i could use them, which class specific missions are the easiest to do in Coop and OPs in your experience?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Now that i'm done with week 5, i look at week 6, not liking what i'm seeing, any advice on the class specific missions? I don't play CVs or Subs, but i have two CVs and one sub, if abolutely necessary, i guess i could use them, which class specific missions are the easiest to do in Coop and OPs in your experience?

I will attempt the Cruiser PD mission in a large cruiser, possibly Puerto Rico. Fire when you think your maximum range will get you spotted by the enemy. The first detected ship can usually draw aggro.

I will either do the same in BBs for that mission(maybe Bourgogne), or try the DD spotting damage mission in randoms. Not sure yet.

This week will be a drag.

Note that the achievement mission includes operations.

Edited by SolitudeFreak
  • Thanks 1

Honestly for week 6 I'd say your best friends for getting things done fast is getting attacked by the Tromp and Golden Lion. If you have them yourself give the gift of airdropped bombs (potential damage) while getting progress on your spotting as a DD and receiving potential damage as a cruiser.

• Like 1

Hi AT

Possibly been said already, but finished week 4, had WV '44 , bought all packs and Im only at 29

So I have to do some in Week 6, and they are AWFUL..

Regards

JM

Is the Wisconsin worth the work?

4 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

2 hours ago, SolitudeFreak said:

I will attempt the Cruiser PD mission in a large cruiser, possibly Puerto Rico. Fire when you think your maximum range will get you spotted by the enemy. The first detected ship can usually draw aggro.

I will either do the same in BBs for that mission (maybe Bourgogne) or try the DD spotting damage mission in randoms. Not sure yet.

This week will be a drag.

Note that the achievement mission includes operations.

^^this. 

Petro is a favorite for PD missions.

Georgia and Scharnhorst '43 are also viable alternates to Bourgogne/Jean Bart.  Just use your speed boost at the start and point where you suspect the enemy will show up.  

• Thanks 1