Dockyard Missions UGH

AdmiralThunder

19 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

For PvE players, it regrettably IS a port queen. WG really needs to get in gear and give us Tier9 and 10 Ops as they did in Russia (or did they? Some patchnotes from there said that they did....)

They definitely have high tier ops. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I mean most players don't have a ship collection that would make completing the dockyard missions as easily as guys like Bob and Old-school are making it out to be.

Plus, the Wisconsin is only 'free' with 'purchase' of WV'44...

We often forget how rich we are in game resources. Claiming that our wealth is true of everyone is a major self delusion.

Things like Wisconsin are not free or necessarily an easy grind for newer players.

The ones who are talking the most on this forum are generally speaking to their friends who are likewise fairly wealthy and experienced.  So, it is a little funny when you are looking at an impossible mission based on the resources you do have and being honest about your skill level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The ones who are talking the most on this forum are generally speaking to their friends who are likewise fairly wealthy and experienced.  So, it is a little funny when you are looking at an impossible mission based on the resources you do have and being honest about your skill level. 

I think that mission farming is more about metagame skill level (picking the right ships in the right modes to knock out as many missions as possible as fast as possible) than having a high "in-battle" skill level (lucky for me!), but the resources comment is spot on.

How are the dubs for that starter pack coming for you?

Edited by Tricericon
punctuation
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

How are the dubs for that starter pack coming for you?

It was a big relief for me not having to try and win 15 rank battles.  I completed the first phase with BBs and cruisers in randoms and Asym.  I'm currently trying to get the ribbons for DDs just to see if I can and to figure out which of my DDs can generate ribbons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I mean most players don't have a ship collection that would make completing the dockyard missions as easily as guys like Bob and Old-school are making it out to be.

Things like Wisconsin are not free or necessarily an easy grind for newer players.

If they are here reading this they've probably seen us telling them why they shouldn't be an "anything" main. Since the dockyards have started having a diverse fleet has paid dividends and is what made me start grinding some lines I otherwise wouldn't have. 

But there are tech tree ships that shine in grinding certain tasks as well as coal/RB/steel ships. I prefer to do them in the premium/reward ships as much as possible though for the extra credits and ability to throw in a 21 pt capt. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I think I read somewhere on the old EU forum a WG official stating that Dockyard events are not really meant for new players. Not all content is supposed to be readily attainable by everyone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

I think I read somewhere on the old EU forum a WG official stating that Dockyard events are not really meant for new players. Not all content is supposed to be readily attainable by everyone.

Yet, the new players are constantly bombarded by these DY advertisements and news flashes.  I tried hard on the first Puerto Rico DY event not having a clue it was hopeless.  I'm still waiting to trade two rusting hulls for steel.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

It was a big relief for me not having to try and win 15 rank battles.  I completed the first phase with BBs and cruisers in randoms and Asym.  I'm currently trying to get the ribbons for DDs just to see if I can and to figure out which of my DDs can generate ribbons.

Ranked is a real pain, for sure.

Mind if I try to math out whether it's possible for you to get 250 FTP doubloons without suffering through ranked?

1 minute ago, Tricericon said:

Mind if I try to math out whether it's possible for you to get 250 FTP doubloons without suffering through ranked?

Someone gifted me enough doubloons to get me over my shortfall.  I could have bought into the Battle pass thing because it would have returned the doubloons albeit too late to take advantage of the starter pack.  I'm going to give it good try to get the Wisconsin because I'm getting tired of getting pelted by them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Someone gifted me enough doubloons to get me over my shortfall.

I love this forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

LOL at the idea that most players have a Schlieffen and a Napoli to complete tasks...

LOL at the idea you need those ships.  I'm working on the dockyard with the tech tree ships on my primary carousel, all in various stages of grinding or regrinding.  No, I won't get it done in 1 hour, nor do I see a need to.  Quite the accomplishment to do so, but really highlights that these missions are not as difficult as some feared.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

LOL at the idea that most players have a Schlieffen and a Napoli to complete tasks...

Considering their immense popularity, it's not that unreasonable.

image.thumb.png.3483ab83d9385a03b6f7e2c3c54483d2.png

3rd and 7th most popular Tier 10s respectively. 

image.png.ee08a13e683859a5c3cab7a24b461e64.png

and 4th and 10th in the game overall. 

This is recent data (last 60 days), not over lifetime. Both are well above the Tier 10 average of 22k. 

Edited by Unlooky

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

Considering their immense popularity, it's not that unreasonable.

image.thumb.png.3483ab83d9385a03b6f7e2c3c54483d2.png

3rd and 7th most popular Tier 10s respectively. 

image.png.ee08a13e683859a5c3cab7a24b461e64.png

and 4th and 10th in the game overall. 

This is recent data (last 60 days), not over lifetime. Both are well above the Tier 10 average of 22k. 

Interesting but not relevant to the point I actually made...

...which is that most accounts don't have either ship.

The fact that accounts that do have those ships play it more often than other ships means WG staff are looking at ways to nerf them...but does not demonstrate that most people have these ships.

There is a whole lot more to the game than tier 10...

11 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

This is true.

Newer players should be pacing themselves to pick up the WV44 for free.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

...which is that most accounts don't have either ship.

Where does this information exist? I’m curious about a few other ships in percentages of ownership. 

21 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

If they are here reading this they've probably seen us telling them why they shouldn't be an "anything" main. Since the dockyards have started having a diverse fleet has paid dividends

It's always paid dividends. It was the lesson I learned the hard way in the 2017 Christmas event. 

Anyway, Part 2 kicks off next week, and the missions (token tasks in bold) you need to start planning to complete are:

Set 30 fires (5 per day)

Set 15 floods (2 per day + 1 extra)

Get 19,000 base XP (2715 per day).

Get 8 capture or assist capture ribbons (1 a day plus 1 spare)

Get 150 torpedo hits in T6+ CV (22 per day)

Get 1200 main or secondary battery hits in T5+ BB (172 per day)

Get 1700 main or secondary battery hits in T5+ cruisers (243 per day)

Get 42 torpedo hits in destroyers (6 per day)

Get 100 torpedo hits in submarines (15 per day)

General principles for all Wisky Dockyard missions:

1. Do any six (on the basis of previous form) to have the next directive available when the time gate opens. So long as this is done, longer token tasks in the middle part of the event can be stretched out over a greater time period (with less to do per day).
  2. Whenever feasible, try to do the missions in ships you are grinding and/or with commanders you are advancing, so that the grind is made to serve YOUR agenda beyond just getting the Wisconsin (or the WV44 if you are stopping there). This is particularly the case when XP, FXP and CXP tasks are "up" in subsequent directives. Try to use tech-tree ships when ship XP is demanded, considering a switch to premiums for CXP as appropriate.
Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
Clarification of meaning
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

For PvE players, it regrettably IS a port queen. WG really needs to get in gear and give us Tier9 and 10 Ops as they did in Russia (or did they? Some patchnotes from there said that they did....)

Why can't you play her in Co-op?

34 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Why can't you play her in Co-op?

I can play anything but since the bots can't aim anymore it's generally better to be in a fast dd or cruiser with torps or enhanced AP than any battleship. 

9 hours ago, DoW_ said:

Where does this information exist? I’m curious about a few other ships in percentages of ownership. 

Comes from a very reliable source.

tumblr_nv9i0nJRiR1sqf5tdo1_400.gif

• Haha 3
  • Bored 1

This morning, I came across a YouTube video by @Admiral_Revan that discusses many of the "realistic aspects" of the Wisconsin grind for WoWs players.

Some take-a-ways:

• If you have a job and your time in-game is limited, it will be a rather tough grind to accomplish by "WG's definition of free." In the vast majority of cases, doubloons (starter packs) will be required.
  • Asymmetric battle mode "may" be the overall best choice for accomplishing various dockyard tasks, especially for those with limited time.
  • The tech-tree Iowa at tier nine (or even the Montana - my take) may, for many, be better alternatives, less the Wisconsin funny button.
  • Wisconsin has somewhat mixed early reviews - some like it, and some are not that impressed.
  • For a collector, the Wisconsin is a real ship with a lot of history.

For more, see below -- 

(Note:  I have the Wisconsin.  My thoughts are that it is a fun ship to play, especially when perfectly aimed salvos hit. WOW!!!  However, it is by far a perfect ship.  My sole reason for acquiring Wisconsin is its history.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HogHammer said:
  • If you have a job and your time in-game is limited, it will be a rather tough grind to accomplish by "WG's definition of free." In the vast majority of cases, doubloons (starter packs) will be required.
  • Asymmetric battle mode "may" be the overall best choice for accomplishing various dockyard tasks, especially for those with limited time.
  • The tech-tree Iowa at tier nine (or even the Montana - my take) may, for many, be better alternatives, less the Wisconsin funny button.

Working a crazy schedule, I find this a rather tough grind.  Thankfully, I have Iowa and Monty, so there's that.  The video by @Admiral_Revan, I think, highlights that.  Asymmetric battles, right now, are the best mode overall for me to play and rack up credits and maybe accomplish some of these DY goals.  Thanks!

On 4/11/2024 at 6:42 PM, Nevermore135 said:

When you reach the appropriate stage of the dockyard, you will be credited 3 tokens (stages) in compensation for the duplicate WV’44. It doesn’t affect the dockyard combat missions in any way.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:33 AM, BOBTHEBALL said:

Afterwards I dived a bit deeper with some friends and all I can say is week 6 will require a bit more time and effort but still shouldn't be too bad at all.

So if I understand the 3 stages "bonus" for the V.W.44 then I should be able to bypass 3 of the most horrific missions (like the 60 000 Base XP one) of the last mission chain then. 

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

So if I understand the 3 stages "bonus" for the V.W.44 then I should be able to bypass 3 of the most horrific missions (like the 60 000 Base XP one) of the last mission chain then. 

Three if you also bought the starter, one of you are just utilizing WV44.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

No. The Dockyard requires you to buy two stages, and the WV44 duplication gives three. Thus you are able to bypass the 60K BXP grind, but that's it. You need the other two to stand in for paid stages, assuming you haven't bought some already.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:13 AM, Taylor3006 said:

I did the Musashi one

Musashi was never a Dockyard ship. Do you mean Hizen, or perhaps Daisen?