Dockyard Missions UGH

AdmiralThunder

44 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I'm guessing some mission stages will be a bit easier if you would go so low as to play CVs and Subs.

Always best to have more tools in the box when dealing with WG mission grinds.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok, for anyone wondering if we would get an easy dockyard the answer is no. For those wondering if we would get something like the OG Puerto Rico dockyard it is also a no. But it definitely falls on the harder side. I stopped reading task requirements in week 6 when I saw a 1.2 Million Spotting task (CV).

Do yourself a favor and read all the tasks and make sure you will be able to finish before spending on starter packs (or buy them if you need the help before playing too much and not being able to).

I was hoping to do this on 2 accounts but after looking at it that may be a non starter.

What worries me more is that MOST of the playerbase will see this missions as suicide rush every game and thinking that is the way to farm them.

Games will go down hard while this dockyard lasts..

5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

What worries me more is that MOST of the playerbase will see this missions as suicide rush every game and thinking that is the way to farm them.

Need ribbons with a CV?
Get the Graf Zeppelin prepped for sortie.  Sail close enough to hit them with a sword.  😉 

16 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Thousands of asymmetric battles, wooo away we go!

On, Wisconsin!

Remember the “beer can” camos for Roma & Ashitaka? I know that camos have passed into “BFD” territory since the rework,  but maybe they could produce a green & yellow “cheesehead” camo for Wisconsin.

• Haha 1

Not looking forward to all the capture or assist in capture tasks, in co-op those are very hit or miss on how long they take to complete. Those make me rage a bit when I get long streaks of the wrong mode or the matches end before a cap completes. Most everything else is the usual grind enough and they should happen. Not trying for the Wisconsin anyway just want the WV44 so should be doable.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

Excellent, thank you.

There appear to be a few minor typos that are easily deciphered. I can't believe, for example, that a mission set as otherwise onerous as this can ask you to get a mere 20 base XP in a submarine.

• Like 1

The 1.2 million spotting damage in Stage 6 with CVs is NOT a requirement to complete that stage of the event.  It is one of 6 optional tasks.  I will do the potential damage tasks for BBs and cruisers.  Thus, not a showstopper, especially if you acquire the larger starter pack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

That is not too difficult, is it?

About 15-20 games in randoms at tier 10...

Of course, I don't play enough to do this and I'm a CV main....but I also don't play a lot for real life reasons...

I think 15-20 games just to complete ONE task is excessive, if that is an average needed, considering you have to do 5 others that week too. It is also a HUGE # for a lot of people, especially those who don't play Randoms or who don't play CV's there. 1.2M spotting is like 35-40 games at least in Co-op unless you get lucky and get some bigger games (very rare with how fast they go and especially when there is an event on and Co-op gets flooded). Definitely seems excessive to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Aardvar Welcome aboard!

image.jpeg.e19c6b8d888bca5609374c718726fd66.jpeg

As for the topic, looks like fun and games are on the horizon...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Has someone got a full list somewhere?

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Any pics? (Im on EU)

I already own the W.V.44 from somewhere so I will probably try and actually grind this DY event for the first time ever, since I have a small chance at a Free Wisconsin and Ghost of Tsushima on PC isn't getting released in 5 weeks anyways.

So, time to put on the old Try Hard Grind Pants again! 

Im guessing some mission stages will be a bit easier if you would go so low as to play CVs and Subs.

I update the OP with the info on each week's requirements + what the rewards are for each dockyard stage.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Im guessing some mission stages will be a bit easier if you would go so low as to play CVs and Subs.

I play CV's (Co-op only so I don't ruin the game for others who hate playing against them) and yes that helps with doing events.

I refuse to touch Subs however; for any reason! There is nothing WG could offer me to get me to play those abominations as added to the game (not even a free Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta). Just not doing it as implemented as protest over them. Not adding to WG's manipulated spreadsheet data either.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

This is what happens now and has for as long as I have played the game (2016) during events

7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I update the OP with the info on each weeks requirements + what the rewards are for each dockyard stage.

Very cool. 

FYI, Stage 6 CA potential damage has a typo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This is what happens now and has for as long as I have played the game (2016) during events

Any major time gated event tends to do that, IMO. Been there myself, been guilty of doing it too...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aardvar said:

The 1.2 million spotting damage in Stage 6 with CVs is NOT a requirement to complete that stage of the event.  It is one of 6 optional tasks.  I will do the potential damage tasks for BBs and cruisers.  Thus, not a showstopper, especially if you acquire the larger starter pack.

Good to see you made it to the forums.

To be clear I never said the CV task in week 6 HAD to be done. I was basically just commenting that it is at week 6 where the stupid stuff starts to really show up and that is one of the most stupid of the lot. I saw that task and it was all I needed to see to know the rest of the tasks and weeks would be ridiculous. 

So you are correct that you don't have to do that CV task week 6. But it isn't like avoiding that one means there are a bunch of other easy choice. The rest are almost all as bad. It's a pick your poison week.

Week 6 tasks:

• Earn 5 Achievements (Randoms, Ranked, & Scenarios)
  • 20 Citadels (Token Task)
  • Finish Top 5 20X (Token Task)
  • 4500 Ribbons (Token Task)
  • 1,200,000 Spotting Damage (CV)
  • 42,000,000 Potential Damage (BB)
  • 30,000,000 Potential Damage (Cruiser)
  • 500,000 Spotting Damage (DD)
  • 450,000 Spotting Damage (Sub)
  • Cause 215,000 Damage Single Game (Randoms & Ranked)

So we need 6 total and we have to do 3 of them for the token. Of the ones left the 5 Achievement one should be fairly easy if you regularly play and do well in the qualifying modes. Honestly if I bother with week 6+ of this Dockyard I will probably go into Randoms for that one as it would be easier than the PD and Spot tasks. If a person plays PVP and can do a 215K+ damage game with reasonable effort that helps (I think for a lot of people that is a stretch though). But the others are pretty foolish (IMHO). The Potential Damage ones are just a big get bent WG from me. It's too high a number to do in a reasonable # of games. The DD 500K Spotting is probably the most reasonable of them all but still a pain.  In the end I will shoot for the 5 Achievements, 500K DD Spotting, and 30M PD in Cruisers "IF" I bother. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

Very cool. 

FYI, Stage 6 CA potential damage has a typo.

Yeah I caught it and fixed it. Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Good to see you made it to the forums.

To be clear I never said the CV task in week 6 HAD to be done. I was basically just commenting that it is at week 6 where the stupid stuff starts to really show up and that is one of the most stupid of the lot. I saw that task and it was all I needed to see to know the rest of the tasks and weeks would be ridiculous. 

So you are correct that you don't have to do that CV task week 6. But it isn't like avoiding that one means there are a bunch of other easy choice. The rest are almost all as bad. It's a pick your poison week.

Week 6 tasks:

• Earn 5 Achievements (Randoms, Ranked, & Scenarios)
  • 20 Citadels (Token Task)
  • Finish Top 5 20X (Token Task)
  • 4500 Ribbons (Token Task)
  • 1,200,000 Spotting Damage (CV)
  • 42,000,000 Potential Damage (BB)
  • 30,000,000 Potential Damage (Cruiser)
  • 500,000 Spotting Damage (DD)
  • 450,000 Spotting Damage (Sub)
  • Cause 215,000 Damage Single Game (Randoms & Ranked)

So we need 6 total and we have to do 3 of them for the token. Of the ones left the 5 Achievement one should be fairly easy if you regularly play and do well in the qualifying modes. Honestly if I bother with week 6+ of this Dockyard I will probably go into Randoms for that one as it would be easier than the PD and Spot tasks. If a person plays PVP and can do a 215K+ damage game with reasonable effort that helps (I think for a lot of people that is a stretch though). But the others are pretty foolish (IMHO). The Potential Damage ones are just a big get bent WG from me. It's too high a number to do in a reasonable # of games. The DD 500K Spotting is probably the most reasonable of them all but still a pain.  In the end I will shoot for the 5 Achievements, 500K DD Spotting, and 30M PD in Cruisers "IF" I bother. 

The only solace I have is that is is better to do in Coop, that is where I will be exclusively this next month I feel

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_

Aim to have each directive set unlocked by the time it rolls around. Note that this doesn't necessarily mean having all the token tasks finished - if you can play enough missions in enough ship types to get around a difficult one (except for the last), you can effectively give yourself a time extension, so long as you have it done by the time the directives close.

For those who already own WV44, that 60K BXP task is the one you bypass using the extra token from duplicating the ship.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Need ribbons with a CV?
Get the Graf Zeppelin prepped for sortie.  Sail close enough to hit them with a sword.  😉 

Basically any CV with lots of rockets...USN CVs will do nicely as well.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think 15-20 games just to complete ONE task is excessive, if that is an average needed, considering you have to do 5 others that week too. It is also a HUGE # for a lot of people, especially those who don't play Randoms or who don't play CV's there. 1.2M spotting is like 35-40 games at least in Co-op unless you get lucky and get some bigger games (very rare with how fast they go and especially when there is an event on and Co-op gets flooded). Definitely seems excessive to me. 

If Co-op, then yes...completely excessive.

This one in randoms is easier than the 42 million in potential XP in battleships, IMO.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Basically any CV with lots of rockets...USN CVs will do nicely as well.

I did part of the week 1 CV ribbon task in Aquila as it has an insane # of rockets and 175-200 p/ game is easy even in Co-op. I got a bit over 1/2 way in 3 games then just to change it up I did a Graf Zeppelin game (full sec build + Lutjens) and had almost 500 ribbons (400+ secondary) to finish it off. GZ is the go to for CV ribbons. Just go to Co-op and CHARGE!

Edited by AdmiralThunder

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did part of the week 1 CV ribbon task in Aguilla as it has an insane # of rockets and 175-200 p/ game is easy even in Co-op. I got a bit over 1/2 way in 3 games then just to change it up I did a Graf Zeppelin game (full sec build + Lutjens) and had almost 500 ribbons (400+ secondary) to finish it off. GZ is the go to for CV ribbons. Just go to Co-op and CHARGE!

Heh.

I don't have Graf Zeppelin, so I didn't know it was so good at it.

For those without, rockets are the way to go.

Also, citadel missions should be done with Parseval in ops. That thing just prints citadels when the bots don't dodge.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Heh.

I don't have Graf Zeppelin, so I didn't know it was so good at it.

For those without, rockets are the way to go.

Also, citadel missions should be done with Parseval in ops. That thing just prints citadels when the bots don't dodge.

GZ has amazing secondaries. I didn't save the results from this morning but here is an example of what it "can" do.

spacer.png

KM CV's do well with AP rockets for citadels against Cruisers for sure but Aquila (if the person has it) does better for me (in Co-op I don't do Op's). It has a 10 plane squadron and attacks with 5. Each plane launches 12 rockets for a total of 60 rockets p/ strike. It citadels Cruisers like nothing. Couple examples for you below from past games (had one this AM with 29 cits from it but didn't save it)...

spacer.png

spacer.png

AVP would be tougher if the reds got close and would have good secondaries to defend itself with (not GZ good but decent) so better there than Aquila. For cit's though it is hard to beat Aquila. Colossus would probably be better than AVP too as it puts out more rockets (AP) but like Aquila would not hold up well if the reds got close like AVP would. But those are Premiums so if all you have to draw on is tech tree the KM CV's are no slouch.

• Like 1

A few games in Smolensk to finish the cruiser task, and a few games in Friesland to finish the destroyer task.  A few more games in various ships to get the total damage task, but the rest were completed along with the cruiser and destroyer tasks.

The next couple of Dock Yard sessions don't look too bad, but things get pretty intensive during the last few sessions.

Lexington with rockets (not the Tiny Tims) for those without any KM CV, Graf Zeppelin or Aquila. Finished the CV task in Co-Op averaging 120-180 ribbons a game, and i suck at CVs.

Second task will be subs in asym. U-4501 is a monster there, 250 ribbons is nothing for that thing. The rest will be done eventually.

• Like 1