Flambass about the unwillingness of WG fixing balance problems and other quite obvious things.

OT2_2

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I really used to like the kid. He was always happy and laughed and joked around.

I used to like him and Flamu both. They had their complaints, but they played a good battle and they showed the world how it was done better than most.

But I think ego got them.

35 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I really hate the whole stigma of 'griefing' in this game.

The game is literally designed for each class to have a way to absolutely wreck the day of another ship in the right circumstances.

This. 

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I really hate the whole stigma of 'griefing' in this game.

The game is literally designed for each class to have a way to absolutely wreck the day of another ship in the right circumstances...i.e., the game is designed to foster the behavior folks claim is 'griefing'...

...yet people demand that no one 'grief.'

It's absurd hypocritical rationalizations.

The game is a meme arcade where 'griefing' is a main selling point for the monetization strategy.

If you don't like 'griefing', find another game.

Note: the definition of 'griefing' above is not the commonly used definition outside of the game...i.e., a bad faith player trolling others using aspects of the game for purpose they were not designed to perform.

Not sure if this is directed at me or what?

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not sure if this is directed at me or what?

Just a comment on the topic you raised. Quoted you to connect my comments to your narrative. Not to make any adversarial claims or expect you to rebut or align.

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Honestly flambass is 100% a hypocrite. If you want to know what CC's (or former CC's) and streamers are hypocrites he is definitely one of them. The biggest and most glaring example with flambass is how he rails against CV's and how they ruin the game.

• Yet he himself plays a ton of Eagle which is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, CV's in game.
  • If he is in a surface ship and is attacked by the CV he whines and complains.
  • When he is in a CV he says a lot of stuff in ways that makes me think of a griefer mentality as he is attacking the reds because of how he says it tbh (not necessarily in game chat but just on his stream as he talks) and seems to enjoy it a bit too much for someone who supposedly hates CV's.
  • He complains AA is useless when facing a CV and then complains if he losses planes to AA if playing them.
  • He constantly does the whole "gee they had a fun and engaging game" thing when a CV kills a ship (god forbid it is a DD then he has a stroke because it is so unfair) yet when he does it he loves to say things like "get wrecked B*tch" and so forth.
  • It seems like if he wants to play them it's ok but if others do it's the worst thing ever.

Wouldn't the above qualify as a hypocrite in action? IF he truly hated CV's as much as he says, and they are so bad for the game, he should stand by his belief's and convictions and not play them at all let alone so often and enjoy it so much. Total hypocrite IMHO. And, I am not saying any of this as a CV (or flambass) hater or defender. Just a simple unbiased observation of him. There are other things he does that are hypocritical but this is the big one with him specifically.

I really used to like the kid. He was always happy and laughed and joked around. His streams and youtube stuff were fun to watch. He really needs to move on completely though from WOWS at this point. He clearly hates WG and the game and when he does play it generally he does nothing but complain, whine, and rant about it. Just move on already with well wishes.

Flambass used to be good yeah. It's unfortunate to see what's become of him. There really aren't many good CCs out there anymore. They're either just not good at the game or their opinions are flawed massively. The only one I can really think of is Malteseknight. That man is a legend and hopefully he continues creating the great content. 

As for Flambass and being a hypocrite. Yeah he 100% is, there's nothing really good that comes from watching him, he's gone down hill massively and it's genuinely unfortunate to see.

11 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Flambass used to be good yeah. It's unfortunate to see what's become of him. There really aren't many good CCs out there anymore. They're either just not good at the game or their opinions are flawed massively. The only one I can really think of is Malteseknight. That man is a legend and hopefully he continues creating the great content. 

As for Flambass and being a hypocrite. Yeah he 100% is, there's nothing really good that comes from watching him, he's gone down hill massively and it's genuinely unfortunate to see.

All the great CCs that got me into the game were driven away from the game by WG decisions...except the Mighty Jingles, and he's not a CC anymore because of WG decisions.

Remember Farazelleth? Femmenenly? Business6?

All gone.

• Like 2

As most computer programmers will attest to, once your pride and joy reaches a certain level of monstrosity, the ability to fix one thing (be it a bug, performance, or balance issue) carries with it the prossibility of introducing one of rmore bug, performance, or balance issues. 

Also,the more one introduces complexity connectivity, the more difficult it becomes to predict the ultimate impact of that fix on other things (the uinintended consequences).

In some regards, it not so much the fact WG can't fix the issues that exists today, but perhaps giving credit to WG for having managed to maintain what they have considering the mass of complexity they've created.  We only see the existing timeline of develoment that we've experienced over the years.  There are many past items that could have killed the game outright, yet here we are.  Survival itself is a reward of some kind.  Not because of the bugs, performance, or balance issues, but despite those issues.

Edited by SoshiSone
  • Like 5

On 4/6/2024 at 8:30 PM, clammboy said:

The real question is what was Flambass talking about? He didn’t really answer the question sounds like a politician.

Didn't he?

The question was "why does/how can WG work on new modes like the Pinata thing while there's broken stuff to fix in the game?", or something along those lines. He says there are two answers. One is that "it's different teams working on different things: balancing (if they have a team on that, at all), art department, sales, support, etc., so it's a fallacy to think them working on something comes at the expense of something else entirely". The other is "they won't fix what they don't consider to be broken", presumably related to the idea that WG employees don't play their own game.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:50 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

The biggest and most glaring example with flambass is how he rails against CV's and how they ruin the game.

• Yet he himself plays a ton of Eagle which is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, CV's in game.
  • If he is in a surface ship and is attacked by the CV he whines and complains.
  • When he is in a CV he says a lot of stuff in ways that makes me think of a griefer mentality as he is attacking the reds because of how he says it tbh (not necessarily in game chat but just on his stream as he talks) and seems to enjoy it a bit too much for someone who supposedly hates CV's.
  • He complains AA is useless when facing a CV and then complains if he losses planes to AA if playing them.
  • He constantly does the whole "gee they had a fun and engaging game" thing when a CV kills a ship (god forbid it is a DD then he has a stroke because it is so unfair) yet when he does it he loves to say things like "get wrecked B*tch" and so forth.
  • It seems like if he wants to play them it's ok but if others do it's the worst thing ever.

Wouldn't the above qualify as a hypocrite in action? IF he truly hated CV's as much as he says, and they are so bad for the game, he should stand by his belief's and convictions and not play them at all let alone so often and enjoy it so much. 

I don't remember if he played WoT before WoWs. But that was the standard "feelings" about artillery in Tanks as well. Artillery and CV are the sit in the back of the map and are playing a different "style of game" than the regular combat. 

For arty in tanks the defenders would say it was harder than normal combat so the good players would go grind the lines/buy the premiums and make videos showing the "hard" gameplay while being sarcastic (artillery prevents camping, fun and engaging gameplay, pure skill-usually as your shot missed your actual target but wiped out the full health tank next to them) 

I think it's perfectly fine to play the class and still say this isn't good for the game. I prefer to not take my CVs into Pvp but I'm not having to entertain an audience.