Trade-In returns at the end of 13.4.

Colonel Potter

12 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

IIRC there is also a UI notification at least the first time you trade something in. 

IIRC, no notice, just a link (I think) to the terms of the trade.

28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I was thinking of dumping the Sherman and buying the Johann BB. Does the equipment you have mounted get demounted automatically or do you lose it with the swap?

I traded through web browser, so i dont k ow.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

I traded through web browser, so i dont k ow.

Ok thanks. I found the information I was looking for in the news article they just put into the game. If you have equpment mounted on a ship you are exchanging, it is demounted and put in inventory. Oddly enough it says your camo and economic bonuses are also demounted too so that may be a good way to get those things if you want. 

I am thinking of changing in the Sherman for the Karl Johan and then rebuying the Sherman with coal and getting the Brandenburg.  I have 1.3 million coal and there isn't anything I really want for it nor anything coming down the pipe for that resource.  I really dislike the Sherman because of those stupid torp arcs (I like the guns though) and probably won't repurchase it to keep.  Anyone have any thoughts on that plan? I am thinking it is a nice way to exchange coal for a doubloon ship since I have lots of coal. 

EDIT:   Ok I went ahead with the plan and got Johan and Brandenburg.  Despite what it says in the news article, there is no camo and economic bonuses for a tier 10 ship in my inventory so not really sure what they meant by that.  

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I couldn't resist... I bought her as well... 🙂

shot-24_06_06_14_44.09-0882.jpg.64fc74ed319c3f04ad1c6db96c494b13.jpg

Soon there will be enough Coal to re-buy (4th time) the "Forrest Sherman"...

Leo "Apollo11"

A stupid Q, so the F  Sherman appear as buyable for coal directly this time too?

I am looking at the convert, I am sitting at just a bit more than 240,000 coal with a sherman in port.

I am thinking if it worths 240,000 for either Brandenburg or San Diego, or I shall spend a little bit of dub for Minegumo or the swedish BB instead.

40 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

A stupid Q, so the F  Sherman appear as buyable for coal directly this time too?

Well it is normally available for coal so you just have to go to Armory and get her.  If you try and buy her with the Trade in event, it will cost you like 19k doubloons in ship value.  IIRC the Sherman is like 228k coal, cheaper if you have a coupon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

47 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

There are NO stupid questions!

And yes - you can always buy "Forrest Sherman" for Coal!...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

There are NO stupid questions!

And yes - you can always buy "Forrest Sherman" for Coal!...

Leo "Apollo11"

Thx, I just wanted to be sure that the ship was repurchasable this time too so there was no new rules.

And I went to buy the Minegumo (only option) and rebought the Sherman directly later , had to logout though for the Sherman to reappear. (it might have been a delay also).

1675 dbl (50 % Birthday dbl)+ 232.000 Coal ....I can live with that.

image.png.5338fb375350b916afc0a7bc3be3d309.png

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, a252 said:

I am looking at the convert, I am sitting at just a bit more than 240,000 coal with a sherman in port.

I am thinking if it worths 240,000 for either Brandenburg or San Diego, or I shall spend a little bit of dub for Minegumo or the swedish BB instead.

I would say that a T9 is on paper at least more value for money. But you can not ask a player from Sweden if KXIVJ is good and expect a objective answer. It is a must buy even though totally fantasy. It is fun in Asym.

10 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

And I went to buy the Minegumo (only option) and rebought the Sherman directly later , had to logout though for the Sherman to reappear. (it might have been a delay also)

Yeah, you have to log out and back in for the ship you exchanged to show up again. Had to do it the first trade in as well when I got the Tirpitz.  I used the Sherman to get the King XIV Johan for 1,675 doubloons this time. Will get the Sherman back once I get another 15,000 coal.

Speaking of the King XIV Johan. People have told me the ship is trash. Here is my first game in it, lol. Seems pretty decent to me.

Was running all Blue Boosters.

shot-24_06_06_11_01.14-0226.thumb.jpg.e483e6911fe205e0189e72dfa6839af1.jpg

shot-24_06_06_11_01.30-0777.thumb.jpg.1181ba15d278f542a76197de8db5927f.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So far:

Neustrashimy for  Brandenburg (ship is beast in ranked)

Marceau for Karl Johan 

That is from me for now.

Edited by WildWind84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

so not really sure what they meant by that.  

I think what they're saying is that if, for example, you had the Atago with all her special permaskins, and you traded her in for something, all the permaskins would remain in your possession for if you ever bought her back. Premium ships come with their permanent econ bonuses built in, but they may have been referring to any boosters that were mounted on the ship.

Because the Sherman doesn't have any special permaskins apart from the one she came with, it's difficult to say. I don't see anyone spending 750 dubs or 9 million credits just to whack a generic perma on her before selling her to test that.

I dont understand why they won't let us trade in any premium. Or why the tier you trade in is tied to the tier you can purchase. 

I only traded my Texas for Agincort. Would have traded my Russian ships in too but the cruiser they don't allow and the BB wouldn't let me get anything else I actually wanted. 

Oh well, less dubs for WG. 

1 minute ago, mashed68 said:

I dont understand why they won't let us trade in any premium. Or why the tier you trade in is tied to the tier you can purchase. 

I only traded my Texas for Agincort. Would have traded my Russian ships in too but the cruiser they don't allow and the BB wouldn't let me get anything else I actually wanted. 

Oh well, less dubs for WG. 

It seems tier dependent. I know there are several Soviet cruisers on the list.

What puzzles me more is how come the ships you can trade for don't have any Soviet ships at all.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What puzzles me more is how come the ships you can trade for don't have any Soviet ships at all.

I suspect the list is curated to not include more popular ships the devs expect more players to be willing to purchase through regular means at full price. What we see, at least at the higher tiers, are likely low-to-middling ships popularity-wise, with a few tier IX FOMO doubloon-only options like Minegumo that a lot of players would normally pass on out of hand given the price of tier IX ships.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I suspect the list is curated to not include more popular ships the devs expect more players to be willing to purchase through regular means at full price. What we see, at least at the higher tiers, are likely low-to-middling ships popularity-wise, with a few tier IX FOMO doubloon-only options like Minegumo that a lot of players would normally pass on out of hand given the price of tier IX ships.

Sounds quite plausible to me.

Wait, you can trade STEEL SHIPS in for....whatever????

*what the doodle*?

It's one thing to trade steel for steel, even at a loss, but steel for a gal that's gonna be either sold with real dollariedoo's and/or in-game sources like coal?????

I am now confuzzeled.  I mean, not an issue with guys who swim in steel, but for someone like me that is a HORRIBLE trade.....

• Like 2

Ah, I see they changed some things in regards to what is "bad word".  Oh boy....

Asinine, but whatevs.

1 minute ago, Volron said:

*what the doodle*?

It's one thing to trade steel for steel, even at a loss, but steel for a gal that's gonna be either sold with real dollariedoo's and/or in-game sources like coal?????

I am now confuzzeled.  I mean, not an issue with guys who swim in steel, but for someone like me that is a HORRIBLE trade.....

Look at the trade in value of Ohio and Colbert, Research Bureau ships, it's insultingly bad, worse than what you get for a coal ship.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Look at the trade in value of Ohio and Colbert, Research Bureau ships, it's insultingly bad, worse than what you get for a coal ship.

I....don't wanna.  I want to keep what little hair I have on my head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

I saw that! I worked hard for my Ohio and Colbert lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Volron said:

*what the doodle*?

Oh, WG is quite accommodating in this respect. They allow you to trade in ships like the Musashi and the Missouri too. Curiously, they don't allow anyone to trade in for those ships.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Colonel Potter said:

Yeah, you have to log out and back in for the ship you exchanged to show up again. Had to do it the first trade in as well when I got the Tirpitz.  I used the Sherman to get the King XIV Johan for 1,675 doubloons this time. Will get the Sherman back once I get another 15,000 coal.

Speaking of the King XIV Johan. People have told me the ship is trash. Here is my first game in it, lol. Seems pretty decent to me.

Was running all Blue Boosters.

shot-24_06_06_11_01.14-0226.thumb.jpg.e483e6911fe205e0189e72dfa6839af1.jpg

shot-24_06_06_11_01.30-0777.thumb.jpg.1181ba15d278f542a76197de8db5927f.jpg

Don't judge a ship on the first match...it is often, in my experience, not representative of the ships later performance.

Speculation is that you get an RNG bonus in your first match in a purchased ship...to incentivize further purchases.

• Like 2

It just occurred to me that there may be one more way to finesse the trade-in event, if you have a surplus of community tokens. This will take a little explaining.

If you have enough CT's to buy a ship crate (15k for tier 5, 30k for tier 7), you will:

1) Get a new ship that you like 

2) Get a ship you don't like, but that you can use for trade-in fodder.

Either way, you're going to finish with a desirable ship for a reduced cost (you will still have to spend some doubloons, but your coal/steel supply will be untouched).

I would try this now, but I already have all the tier 5 ships, and I don't have enough CT's for a tier 7 container.

If anyone can make this work, please let us know.  

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Don't judge a ship on the first match...it is often, in my experience, not representative of the ships later performance.

Speculation is that you get an RNG bonus in your first match in a purchased ship...to incentivize further purchases.

The new tank/ship smell. This won't happen every time, though, not even on the first time out. When that happens, I start suspecting they passed me a lemon. Or if this were after a trade in, I'd start looking if there's a Wunderbaum hanging in there somewhere.

• Haha 1