Trade-In returns at the end of 13.4.

Colonel Potter

Brandenburg is a good ship. I used it a lot in Brawls and more recently in Ops. I got it from a German container last autumn and I have over 1.5m xp on it. I don't play randoms in high tiers yet so I look for other opportunities. I have one German 21 point captain that fits it nicely.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Chkalov price is too low? What were you planning to trade it in for?

He should go probably for San Diego (because T7 like Atlanta and Indianapolis isn't on the list for trade, so I coudn't get one of them). 6000 for T8 ship - isn't good 😕 And list of ships which you can get is very very short... And beside Brandenburg, KJ and San Diego - for me isn't interesting at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

I was hoping to trade the Ise, but that didn't yield enough doubloon value, so I did the Forest Sherman/Minegumo swap, and then re-acquired the Sherman. If I could have found a cheaper or more economical combination, I would have done that. But I'm happy with what I got, so no complaints.

I don't think there are any better economical combinations. The best seems to be the kind of trade where you have to pay as little possible. You don't get anything free, and trading down just means you lose a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thornzero said:

Brandenburg is a good ship. I used it a lot in Brawls and more recently in Ops. I got it from a German container last autumn and I have over 1.5m xp on it. I don't play randoms in high tiers yet so I look for other opportunities. I have one German 21 point captain that fits it nicely.

It is solid ship, I have Lutjens and few others captains for him, we will se which will be best for him. That ships is also for Ranked :) 

• Like 1

Basically the question is if I want to pay coal/steel/RB for Johan or Minegumo.

The answer is no.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

He should go probably for San Diego (because T7 like Atlanta and Indianapolis isn't on the list for trade, so I coudn't get one of them). 6000 for T8 ship - isn't good 😕 And list of ships which you can get is very very short... And beside Brandenburg, KJ and San Diego - for me isn't interesting at all. 

I notice what you mean now, there's a huge difference between Lenin and Chkalov, while both are tier 8 premiums. What does WG use as basis of the trade in value? Original price? Was Chkalov only available for resources or something, because it's difficult for me to understand such a large disparity?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I notice what you mean now, there's a huge difference between Lenin and Chkalov, while both are tier 8 premiums. What does WG use as basis of the trade in value? Original price? Was Chkalov only available for resources or something, because it's difficult for me to understand such a large disparity?

Lenin is unavailable (right?), Chkalol I got for free from the carrier containers that gave 20 million carriers back in the event where you could get Johan or smth

Also there's a black ship variant, so I suspect many people would like to get rid of the duplicate. 

Edited by Itwastuesday
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't think there are any better economical combinations. The best seems to be the kind of trade where you have to pay as little possible. You don't get anything free, and trading down just means you lose a lot.

Yeah...if I had enough doubloons & coal, I probably would have traded the Sherman twice. It seems to offer the best "return on investment" in this deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Welp, my main problem with him is simple: list what I can get is too short and isn't really interesting. Give 5000 dubs with Chkalov for 1 cruiser isn't great either... Ships which I really wish to get rid off isn't even possible to trade... 

Btw. I get Brandenburg for free - and I don't think I was loose something. Reasons: Neustrashimy I don't play, I could get him when I would be ready to play dd in T9. Neustrashimy get me steel for snowflakes, same like Brandenburg... So that was OK with me and Brandenburg I will play 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Lenin you can't buy anymore and Chkalov you can buy in Armory for dubs (I got my Chkalov from 1 of containers). Problem is WG  short lists "ships to get" and honestly pricing - based of what??? (for Lenin, Massa and similar I can understand disproportions).

Edited by WildWind84
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

My three main candidates are the Max Immelmann, like I previously mentioned, or the t8 Chkalov, or alternatively, the t8 Lenin.

You are not seriously contemplating trading away Lenin? That is tier for tier one of the if not the best BB in the game! And very fun to play on top! I always hear the russian anthem when I get one of her "special" spreads just like this guy:

My go to ship in Ops to counter any kind of frustration. Getting her from last years satan boxes was one of my luckiest and happiest moments in this game ever. Please don't trade her away!

Edited by Kruzenstern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said in an earlier thread, plan this well and only then head out to see the traders, and keep a cool head and an eye on your wallet...

image.jpeg.ccb09f6d07bd2c0bb1ca71291da014b5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Oh I have noticed that the filter for ships does not work for me. I wanted to check the price of Saipan, clicked filter, selected CVs, result was an empty page. However I can see Saipan in the list without filters ...

EDIT: Clarification, via armory webpage outside of game client

Edited by Hugh_Ruka

Posted (edited)

My main question is why I can't get rid of  Halford??? For let's say Atlanta??? None of these 2 ships aren't on the list... 

Edited by WildWind84

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Like I said in an earlier thread, plan this well and only then head out to see the traders, and keep a cool head and an eye on your wallet...

image.jpeg.ccb09f6d07bd2c0bb1ca71291da014b5.jpeg

Absolutely! This is a chance to exchange an unwanted ship for something better, but players should take the time to work out the resource cost and think it over.

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 1

Also be aware there are a fair few rare and unobtainable ships that you can trade in, be careful.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

My main question is why I can't get rid of  Halford??? For let's say Atlanta??? None of these 2 ships aren't on the list... 

Yeah, with Halford, Black B and Velos I have three totally unwanted tier9 DDs and can't get rid of any of them. Thankfully I COULD trade Alvaro de Bazan for Johan, and now there are no interesting ships left to obtain as well, so no loss.

• Like 1

Well, none of the ships I can get (Minegumo, Brandenburg, San Diego, Dalian) is exactly on my I MUST HAVE THIS THING RIGHT NOW!!!! list, so I can sit this one out!

Don't trade in anything you can't easily buy back if you change your mind. IIRC WG told us these swaps were for keeps last time around and ships traded in would not be restored. I'm pretty sure it's the same this time around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Don't trade in anything you can't easily buy back if you change your mind. IIRC WG told us these swaps were for keeps last time around and ships traded in would not be restored. I'm pretty sure it's the same this time around. 

This trade is for keeps for sure in the notes.

I traded the Sherman for the Minegumo. Bought back Sherman. Gumo was the only ship i could get. For me , was worth the dubs and coal ( got both for free ). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

I traded the Sherman for the Minegumo. Bought back Sherman. Gumo was the only ship i could get. For me , was worth the dubs and coal ( got both for free ). 

I was thinking of dumping the Sherman and buying the Johann BB. Does the equipment you have mounted get demounted automatically or do you lose it with the swap?

Demounted automatically. Captain returned to the reserve if it has one.

Hi all,

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

And now... the big question... shoud I continue... my original idea was just 2 ships but I can get 3rd as well...

image.thumb.png.e1e292f03480dc22ab31472dd36989c7.png

I couldn't resist... I bought her as well... 🙂

shot-24_06_06_14_44.09-0882.jpg.64fc74ed319c3f04ad1c6db96c494b13.jpg

Soon there will be enough Coal to re-buy (4th time) the "Forrest Sherman"...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, thornzero said:

This trade is for keeps for sure in the notes.

IIRC there is also a UI notification at least the first time you trade something in. 

Edited by Nevermore135

Just noticed that the USS Kidd was listed as worth 9100 doubloons so it's possible to swap a tier 9 coal ship for it without paying extra (e.g. Marco Polo worth around 9500 at half price).

Struggling internally on whether or not I want to swap Marco Polo out now lol.