Trade-In returns at the end of 13.4.

Colonel Potter

I want to trade my San Diego for a Genova. That should make Wargaming happy, right? 

• Haha 3

On 5/29/2024 at 7:36 PM, mashed68 said:

ding ding ding. 

I want all the secondary ships. I like brawling up close. 

That's funny, cause I'd be wanting all the secondary ships so that they don't get up close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, whiplash said:

what day will the tradein start?

For two weeks, starting from the last week of Update 13.4, a special tab will be available in the Armory where you can exchange certain Tier V-X premium and special ships for a significant discount on the purchase of other premium and special Tier V-X ships with doubloons. 

More information at the link below:

New Clan Battles season, Trade-in and more - Closed Test 13.4 - Development blog (worldofwarships.com)

And, by the way, welcome to the forum!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

For two weeks, starting from the last week of Update 13.4, a special tab will be available in the Armory where you can exchange certain Tier V-X premium and special ships for a significant discount on the purchase of other premium and special Tier V-X ships with doubloons. 

More information at the link below:

New Clan Battles season, Trade-in and more - Closed Test 13.4 - Development blog (worldofwarships.com)

And, by the way, welcome to the forum!

thanks! but wouldnt it be easier for everyone if you told us tomorrow? which i found out after hours of research.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, whiplash said:

thanks! but wouldnt it be easier for everyone if you told us tomorrow?

That would have been incorrect, though, since the trade-in event begins Thursday, June 6.

1 hour ago, whiplash said:

which i found out after hours of research.

The patch note article is your friend. Most of the time it will tell you what you need to know about the current update all in one location.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-134-d-day-anniversary/

From the “Armory” section:

IMG_1309.thumb.jpeg.6f9fd0c0f60269d0553acfc4cfc3b2d2.jpeg

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 3

If only I could trade in my Graf Zeppelin B. :V

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Traded USS Tulsa for USS Kidd, and USS Forrest Sherman for USS San Diego.

Just had to re buy F. Sherman for 174 k coal units.

Edited by Latouche_Treville
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 7:32 PM, Frostbow said:

I want to trade my San Diego for a Genova. That should make Wargaming happy, right? 

Interestingly, you can't.

I guess to prevent such abysmal trades, they split the trade-able ships into 3 pools of different value (including the "rarity" of the ship), and similarly the target ships, though in that case there is some overlap. For instance, you can trade coal T9s for Florida or Yudachi, but not coal T10s or a Dockyard T8.

While we're at it, some valuations make no sense:

• Smaland, a "rare" ship, brings the same 17325 dubs discount as F. Sherman, a coal ship at the same tier
  • Neustrashimy is also 17325, much more than fellow Tier 9 coal ones like Carnot or Iwami (9500). She's not that much more expensive in the Armory. Also, Georgia is at the same 17325 despite being actually "rare" (no longer available for years)
  • Tier 9 RB ships are valued more than T9 coal ones...but Tier 10 RB ships are valued less than T10 coal ones: Ohio at 15500 vs GK at 17325, ffs. This is especially annoying, since I was counting on trading, say, Vampire 2 for K14J with a 2k dubs compensation, but the former is only valued at 13750...
Edited by tocqueville8
  • Like 1

Hi all,

My Forrest Sherman did it twice... 🙂

shot-24_06_06_09_33.58-0854.jpg.928418a5a0f8098b7aa7542d1bf54fef.jpg

shot-24_06_06_10_43.55-0310.jpg.d9c7515def12baf522167020c41ad7b9.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

Hi all,

And now... the big question... shoud I continue... my original idea was just 2 ships but I can get 3rd as well...

image.thumb.png.e1e292f03480dc22ab31472dd36989c7.png

Leo "Apollo11"

Sigh... I wouldn't want to trade in any tier X's, even though I don't currently have much use for them. I have premium CV's I never play, because I don't play CV's. Those might be good candidates for trading in but... what if the same ship is going to be the next ship that drops from the SC...

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sigh... I wouldn't want to trade in any tier X's, even though I don't currently have much use for them. I have premium CV's I never play, because I don't play CV's. Those might be good candidates for trading in but... what if the same ship is going to be the next ship that drops from the SC...

You can re-buy cheapest Tier X = "Forrest Sherman" for Coal if you have excess of it... that's what I did... I already had all Coal ships there are and this was great opportunity to finally used that excess Coal...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Traded USS Tulsa for USS Kidd, and USS Forrest Sherman for USS San Diego.

Just had to re buy F. Sherman for 174 k coal units.

This is about the only relevant usage of this scam. I still don't get why the trade in value of a Ragnar is less than what you pay for a F. Sherman where Ragnar is a steel ship and Sherman is a coal ship.

Oh and I cannot trade in my Saipan that I'll never play.

Either you scam WG by exchanging coal for steel or RB via this option or you get scammed if you invest actual doubloons in larger quantity ...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

You can re-buy cheapest Tier X = "Forrest Sherman" for Coal if you have excess of it... that's what I did... I already had all Coal ships there are and this was great opportunity to finally used that excess Coal...

Leo "Apollo11"

I'm a bit short on coal currently for... reasons... that we don't need to get into here. I don't want to blow my remaining coal on this, so maybe I'd rather trade in some CV's. I got Max Immelmann on tier X, it's a coal ship. Now, like I said I don't play any CV's, but theoretically I could get it back later on with coal.

I'm thinking what I want to get as well. T9 Minegumo is tempting, in a way, though I also don't really play T9 that much, at last not until AB returns. I haven't looked in detail yet, but I assume WG isn't offering anything hard to get for us.

8 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

This is about the only relevant usage of this scam. I still don't get why the trade in value of a Ragnar is less than what you pay for a F. Sherman where Ragnar is a steel ship and Sherman is a coal ship.

Either you scam WG by exchanging coal for steel or RB via this option or you get scammed if you invest actual doubloons in larger quantity ...

So... it's an opportunity for both us and WG to get scammed? Intriguing.

Still, it also means you have to be real careful with this trade in. @Leo_Apollo11 You remember to quit while you are ahead.

• Like 1

BTW, this is on the filter for ships to obtain. Looks interesting...

image.png.ef115927a03daf963cd3fb126d84e76f.png

Hi all,

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm a bit short on coal currently for... reasons... that we don't need to get into here. I don't want to blow my remaining coal on this, so maybe I'd rather trade in some CV's. I got Max Immelmann on tier X, it's a coal ship. Now, like I said I don't play any CV's, but theoretically I could get it back later on with coal.

I'm thinking what I want to get as well. T9 Minegumo is tempting, in a way, though I also don't really play T9 that much, at last not until AB returns. I haven't looked in detail yet, but I assume WG isn't offering anything hard to get for us.

So... it's an opportunity for both us and WG to get scammed? Intriguing.

Still, it also means you have to be real careful with this trade in. @Leo_Apollo11 You remember to quit while you are ahead.

I only buy 5K Doubloons each year with 30% Off discount - this is my one and only expense in whole year on WG WoWs (I don't even by XMas crates for years now)...

Therefore everything else (Premium Time, Doubloons, Coal, Community Tokens) comes from normal playing the WoWs for me.

As such the "Trade-In" is 100% safe for me and great way to spend the excess resources which simply can't be utilized anywhere else!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

The "Forrest Sherman scheme", or other temporary sacrifices (trading mediocre resource freemiums like Yoshino, Tulsa, Aegir, etc. for a doubloon-exclusive and/or rare premium), also getting rid of unwanted random drops (Tiger '59 or duplicates caused by Black Friday clones; I traded regular Mainz for Sims last year as I got Mainz B from an earlier BF event).

• Like 2

I'm planning to get at least that Minegumo and currently looking at the options. It seems that it's either a tier X special ship or a tier 8 premium that are the best options, as those are valued the same at 17 325 meaning that to get the Minegumo, valued at 19 000, I'd have to pay 1675 for the trade in.

My three main candidates are the Max Immelmann, like I previously mentioned, or the t8 Chkalov, or alternatively, the t8 Lenin.

I did trade in some RP lemons for more usable things

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was trade Neustrashimy for long wished Brandenburg. Now I check options to get Karl XIV Johnatan and maaaybe San Diego (for cruiser I am not sure yet). How it seems now my only option with very little pay for KJ is to trade him with Marceau... I am not sure about that either, even I am not TX dd player (honestly, not even close to TX dd player)... 

I was hoping that I could get rid of Chkalov (I am not playing CVs or subs), those stupid dd T9 with rocket planes (why I would like to have dd with planes???), and Ise... But Chkalov - price is to low, and that DD isn't even possible to trade-off... About Ise - price is too low if that ships is even possible to trade-off...

Edited by WildWind84

6 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

I was trade Neustrashimy for long wished Brandenburg. Now I check options to get Karl XIV Johnatan and maaaybe San Diego (for cruiser I am not sure yet). How it seems now my only option with very little pay for KJ is to trade him with Marceau... I am not sure about that either, even I am not TX dd player (honestly, not even close to TX dd player)... 

I was hoping that I could get rid of Chkalov (I am not playing CVs or subs), those stupid dd T9 with rocket planes (why I would like to have dd with planes???), and Ise... But Chkalov - price is to low, and that DD isn't even possible to trade-off... About Ise - price is too low if that ships is even possible to trade-off...

Chkalov price is too low? What were you planning to trade it in for?

Well I got on first thing this morning. I discharged USS Hornet [acquired from my first twitch mystery drop.] that I never use because I never researched CVs ever. In exchange for 3,1oo doubloons I welcomed USS Kidd to my port which seemed like the only good deal for me. [The gold I acquired from battleship devastation. For the time being I do all my business in cash.]

I have enough gold left to retrain a couple captains and maybe acquire 3o days of premium time but I am going to save it for now. I hope you guys get to make a decent trade.

I was hoping to trade the Ise, but that didn't yield enough doubloon value, so I did the Forest Sherman/Minegumo swap, and then re-acquired the Sherman. If I could have found a cheaper or more economical combination, I would have done that. But I'm happy with what I got, so no complaints.

• Like 1