Trade-In returns at the end of 13.4.

Colonel Potter

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

As the cheapest tier X coal ship, F. Sherman is indeed the best option to trade in for a tier VIII (free) or tier IX (<2k doubloons). The latter is particularly notable as WG has three doubloon/event-exclusive tier IXs available for acquisition in this iteration. Last time we had this event I purchased and traded in Sherman twice, and plan to do the same this time around, as I have a lot of coal and not a lot I consider worth spending it on.

Indeed, the Karl XIV Johan looks quite interesting with its stealth and euro dd torps.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thornzero said:

Out of the list, I think I only want the USS Kidd. So I will see what a good trade is then. I have a CV Tier VIII I'll never use and a couple others I rarely use. Based on these numbers it would cost me 3,1oo dubs; ballpark. For this situation it doesn't seem like a bad deal. [being a newer player and not having hundreds of ships already.]

cheers

USS Kidd is a great pick!

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

As the cheapest tier X coal ship, F. Sherman is indeed the best option to trade in for a tier VIII (free) or tier IX (<2k doubloons). The latter is particularly notable as WG has three doubloon/event-exclusive tier IXs available for acquisition in this iteration. Last time we had this event I purchased and traded in Sherman twice, and plan to do the same this time around, as I have a lot of coal and not a lot I consider worth spending it on.

Interesting... and thanks for idea!

I have all Coal ships there are and 500K of spare Coal... so... selling and buying the Forrest Sherman... I have never thought of that...

Leo "Apolo11"

12 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I have all Coal ships there are and 500K of spare Coal... so... selling and buying the Forrest Sherman... I have never thought of that...

Leo "Apolo11"

you know what is funny thing? we have so much ships, coal, steel, tech tree ones that we NEVER play but we are not willing to trade them for something new

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

you know what is funny thing? we have so much ships, coal, steel, tech tree ones that we NEVER play but we are not willing to trade them for something new

Could it be... we are learning?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

but we are not willing to trade them for something new a minimum interesting

Fixed.

• Haha 1

I've wanted agincort and karl for a long time. I have no use for the two Russian ships I've won or the Texas. Hell yeah. 

4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apolo11"

I’m missing quite a few tier IX/X coal ships, but I just don’t find them very interesting for one reason or another. Most of my coal expenditures in the last year or so have either been towards F. Sherman(s) in the last trade-in event or as part of the two recent salvage events.

These events really highlight just how outrageously inflated the doubloon value of tier X ships is, though. Even at half value on the trade-in they still cover the full price of a tier VIII and 90%+ the price of a tier IX.

I probably trade the Sherman and some dubs  for the Minegumo. I can rebuy the Sherman instantly.....only coal ship i can buy now is the German sub, but i'm not interested in that in the slightest.

Will either trade in F. Sherman and buy her back or Khabarovsk for Karl XIV Johan, the rest isn't really interesting, i hope they will add a few more ships to the list.

12 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That's usually the problem with WG trade-ins which I mostly know from WoT. Basically, you can trade in something you don't want to play for something you didn't want to play earlier, or possibly didn't like earlier or for some other reason neglected to buy it.

Yeah, but that’s going to be an inherent quality of such game trade-ins, whether they be of WG or not: If you originally had wanted the thing to be traded for, you would already have it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Yeah, but that’s going to be an inherent quality of such game trade-ins, whether they be of WG or not: If you originally had wanted the thing to be traded for, you would already have it.

Pretty much, yes. The thing is, I don't think they ever include the rare or hard to get ships in these trade-ins.

• Like 1

I wonder why they limit the ships you can trade in. 

• Haha 2

Hi all,

Guys, from past experience, do you know how much you have to additionally pay for the Tier IX ship if you trade the Tier X ship (notably the Forrest Sherman DD)?

@Nevermore135 wrote something in amount of less than2K doubloons - is that right for all ships in Tier IX or depends on individual type?

Leo "Apollo11"

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Guys, from past experience, do you know how much you have to additionally pay for the Tier IX ship if you trade the Tier X ship (notably the Forrest Sherman DD)?

@Nevermore135 wrote something in amount of less than2K doubloons - is that right for all ships in Tier IX or depends on individual type?

Leo "Apollo11"

Assuming this event is similar to last time, according to this youtuber's explanation tier 10s traded in are worth half their doubloon value of 17,325.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Pretty much, yes. The thing is, I don't think they ever include the rare or hard to get ships in these trade-ins.

Well, doing so would effectively end the rarity or “hard to get-ness” of any such ships that became included.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I've wanted agincort and karl for a long time. I have no use for the two Russian ships I've won or the Texas. Hell yeah. 

Now you've got me curious.  
What is it about the Agincort that makes her so desirable?

56 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:
14 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, doing so would effectively end the rarity or “hard to get-ness” of any such ships that became included.

I think you're correct @Utt_Bugglier.

Though, in my opinion, WG/WOWs is capable of adjusting the economy of the game in subtle ways.

There are three ships I want that I missed-out on, in the past.
The Enterprise, the Musashi and the Missouri.
I wouldn't mind "trading-in" ships, that I could subsequently and immediately re-purchase, to get them.
But, in this "trade-in" event, that's not an option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I wouldn't mind "trading-in" ships, that I could subsequently and immediately re-purchase, to get them.

Unfortunately, I dont think we will ever see any of the unique ships in these trade ins. WG need to have them as "Chance of winning Euro jackpot lottery" wins so players will continue to waste their hard-earned cash on loot boxes or Santa Mega crates for a 0.001% chance of getting them. If we could get them this way nobody would buy crates at all.

Myself I would loved a chance of getting Benham or Jäger, but no chance since I wont pay for lottery RNG stuff, and chance of getting them in the free ones I get each year is probably close to none.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think you're correct @Utt_Bugglier.

Though, in my opinion, WG/WOWs is capable of adjusting the economy of the game in subtle ways.

Oh , I agree: I would love to do a trade for a Kamikaze/Fujin, but I would be surprised if one of these trade-in events were to ever allow it.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks!

OK... so I will be able to sell my Forrest Sherman twice and get Karl and Minegumo for 2x 1650 Doubloons... seems OK... I have more than enough Coal to re-buy the Forrest Sherman twice (and I already have all other Cola ships there are)...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Now you've got me curious.  
What is it about the Agincort that makes her so desirable?

Secondaries that “strike the Philistines with grievesome sores in their privates,” at T5.

That’s probably the main reason.

And twelve(?) barrels of British HE.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Secondaries that “strike the Philistines with grievesome sores in their privates,” at T5.

ding ding ding. 

I want all the secondary ships. I like brawling up close. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Could not have said it better. The Gin Palace is tons of fun at T5. And it's 14 barrels. One turret for every day of the week.

• Like 1

I'm going to be happy to get rid of useless Khaba and pick up Minegumo. 

• Like 1