Trade-In returns at the end of 13.4.

Colonel Potter

The newest Devblog reveals that the trade-ins option will return at the end of 13.4 for one month. The last time I got the Tirpitz without paying any doubloons by trading in the Spanish tier X DD Alvaro De Bazan. And since I had tons of coal, I bought the DD back again.  Sadly, the ship choices to trade for this time don't look as promising as the last time. Only one I'd think about grabbing is the Karl XIV Johan. I think I have all the others.

TradeIn1.thumb.jpg.c809501f5b484d4f7ea2d252c272e464.jpg

TradeIn2.thumb.jpg.c04a65dd97af09c7e88b604c8112ae12.jpg

TradeIn3.thumb.jpg.5e57287fbfa1e0215650ca92b49a0a25.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, Colonel Potter said:

The newest Devblog reveals that the trade-ins option will return at the end of 13.4 for one month. The last time I got the Tirpitz without paying any doubloons by trading in the Spanish tier X DD Alvaro De Bazan. And since I had tons of coal, I bought the DD back again.  Sadly, the ship choices to trade for this time don't look as promising as the last time. Only one I'd think about grabbing is the Karl XIV Johan. I think I have all the others.

TradeIn1.thumb.jpg.c809501f5b484d4f7ea2d252c272e464.jpg

TradeIn2.thumb.jpg.c04a65dd97af09c7e88b604c8112ae12.jpg

TradeIn3.thumb.jpg.5e57287fbfa1e0215650ca92b49a0a25.jpg

Yeah if I'm honest, besides Karl (Not even good) and Minegumo (Unique) there's not really anything worth it at all in this trade-in.

• Like 4

Flint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again WG you dishonour all those who put blood sweat and tears into winning consecutive RANK to win this ship, first they sell it in The Armoury now this, these people have no HONOUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Calm calm must remain CALM 

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Yeah if I'm honest, besides Karl (Not even good) and Minegumo (Unique) there's not really anything worth it at all in this trade-in.

About the only ship I might even look at is Minegumo, I don't why I have Asahio, we will have to see. 

• Like 1

4 choices for my fleet.  I am pretty sure going for 2 T9.

VIII KIDD, VIII BRANDENBURG, IX MINEGUMO, IX KARL XIV JOHAN

• Like 1

I was kinda hoping I would be able to trade Pan-Asian fairytale bullshits from Journey to the West containers, but seems like I am out of luck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zerstoerherr said:

I was kinda hoping I would be able to trade Pan-Asian fairytale bullshits from Journey to the West containers, but seems like I am out of luck.

Well at least u can sell those for credits, something you cant do with most RB lemons…

• Like 1

I was hoping that I could trade t9 dd with planes (US) for Sand Diego or Brandenburg or Kidd, but it seems that this akward dd isn't on the list for trading... 😞 

• Like 1

List of ships that you can trade in:

V Agincourt, Rio De Janeiro, Giulio Cesare

VII Sharnhorst

VIII Mikhail Kutuzov, Asashio, Mainz

IX Kronshtadt, Benham

X Thunderer, Smolensk, Bourgogne, Stalingrad, Ohio

I pity the WoWS players that trade these ships in. They have to be 🤪

• Like 10

I wish i could trade off that stupid sub Alliance. 

Nothing seems too much interesting, maybe I ll just get Karl Johan, he seems rare.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tm63au said:

Flint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again WG you dishonour all those who put blood sweat and tears into winning consecutive RANK to win this ship, first they sell it in The Armoury now this, these people have no HONOUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Calm calm must remain CALM 

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

::: Points to the Flint in my Port, welcomed in exchange for coal  :::  The Flint?  Oh yes, she's a fine sister to the Atlanta and a fun ship to sail, in her own right.  🙂 

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/133-warships-collectors-club/?do=findComment&comment=26816

8 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

The newest Devblog reveals that the trade-ins option will return at the end of 13.4 for one month.

Thanks for sharing the news @Colonel Potter🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I wish i could trade off that stupid sub Alliance. 

Nothing seems too much interesting, maybe I ll just get Karl Johan, he seems rare.

As BB's go, the IX Karl XIV Johan Doubloons is okay.  
Not over-powered, but able to "hold her own" decently.

I welcomed her to my Port via a container that ranomly morphed into a super-container.
If nothing else, she's nice to have for training Captains.

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/133-warships-collectors-club/?do=findComment&comment=28030

• Confused 1

Eh.

Still too restrictive to make sense for me to dabble in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

VII Sharnhorst

IX Kronshtadt, Benham

With Scharnhorst 43 being so available and also being in general slightly superior to the original one, for an active player there is nothing wrong to turn the original one into a discount for something else.

The same applies to Mainz (still regularly available and Black Friday version).

I think this is one of the better ideas WG has had in many many years, unfortunately its like a missed opportunity when they make the list of ships available so small and so filled with "fillers"/port queens/meeh botes. Best is Sherman and decent are Napoli but I already have them both, rest is un-interesting/shitty botes.

I really wished WG took this opportunity to actually trade of some other more interesting ships, maybe even some more sought after premiums but make them very expensive. Then this would be a amazing event that players was looking forward to.

I might go for the Karl Johan since im Swedish but thats about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Sadly, the ship choices to trade for this time don't look as promising as the last time.

Feels like WG made this as another IQ test.

• Haha 1

In full disclosure, and before commenting further, let me state there is nothing for me to trade for on the list. I have all of the ones you can trade for other than Minegumo and I have no interest at all in it. 

Now with that said, that list of ships you can trade for pretty much sucks. So many turds on it. What makes me sad is people are actually going to trade good ships, and even rare ships, for the flotsam and jetsam found on that list. There will be misguided souls trading Kamikaze's and Mikhail Kutuzov's for Genova's and Yudachi's. 

I hope people are careful here and don't fall victim to WG's used car salesman gimmicks. 

Events like this are for their benefit not ours.

I will stay as far away from that as I can (and would do so even if I had ships I needed/wanted).

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

VII Sharnhorst

IX Kronshtadt, Benham

Ya, sure. Trade in a Kamikaze R (?!), a Giulio Cesare, a Benham or a Smolensk (even the nerfed one). ROFL. This has to be an IQ test for the remaining older player base as newer players will be very unlikely to have these ships.

13 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Feels like WG made this as another IQ test.

"Ding, ding, ding!  ....  ....  ....  

Good Eyesight, Lookout ... Sir, a '13.4' Iceberg has been sighted dead ahead, range closing rapidly!"

"Helmsman, rudder hard over & return to port. This exercise is over."

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

Well, it kinda makes me happy to finally be able to get Karl Johann. The ships I trade away (Ones where I also have the black version, or those useless DDs I got from Satan Boxes) will come back to me anyway with this year's Satan Boxes.

But it is sad to see so few interesting ships in the list that can be obtained. Beyond Karl I either have them already or they are not at all interesting.

The real bucket of cold water on this is that you can't trade in several ships for a single one, but only one for one.  When they say the point is for you to get a discount on purchasing a ship on the list, they mean it.  They want you to give up a ship to spend more to get another, not actually drain your fleet of unused ships.

• Like 1

Oh, I just can't wait to get rid of my Massachusetts, Benham, and Enterprise.

Or maybe trade Napoli for Napoli

When the time comes, someone start a topic where trades can be reported and see if any make sense.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

The real bucket of cold water on this is that you can't trade in several ships for a single one, but only one for one.  When they say the point is for you to get a discount on purchasing a ship on the list, they mean it.  They want you to give up a ship to spend more to get another, not actually drain your fleet of unused ships.

In most cases the shout of "Money grab" is nothing more than propaganda.  But in this case, I really don't see another explanation.

Not that that is evil.  That's why they're in business and why we have a game.  But there's always a plausible reason for an event and the money - from the players' POV - is secondary.  If you see one here, please tell me.

4 minutes ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Hmmm... Can't trade Velos.

But you can get a welcome. So Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2