Commonwealth Tokens can buy T2 to T8 ships

o4x4

On 3/13/2024 at 3:23 AM, ReDiR20 said:

EA event looks similar to Pan-American cruisers, but somehow worse. No T8 camo and less ships for free. All camos and T9 are locked in low drop chance containers. However, each unlocked ship will grand permabonus for the tier above, which is best part of this event. 

I'll point out that the permabonus can be applied to ANY SHIP not just the early access ship, so this may make the battle pass worthwhile: if you get one extra "level" that gives you enough for the T7, which will earn a T8 permabonus. If you actually *need* a T8 permabonus, then the cost of the BP is on the same order of magnitude as a T7+T8 permabonus. 

I'm not sure I care enough, since I have a few unlinked T7/8 packages already, but I can see a case where this would be good value for money. I'm not sure if it's good value for me, but I have another week or two to make that decision.

Also worth mentioning that generally these early access things go through 2 patches, so if there is another pile of tokens in the next patch (of the same size) then the free pass would give the T7, and the paid one would give the T8 - although you would have to pay twice (for 2 passes)

19 hours ago, SureBridge said:

I'll point out that the permabonus can be applied to ANY SHIP not just the early access ship, so this may make the battle pass worthwhile: if you get one extra "level" that gives you enough for the T7, which will earn a T8 permabonus. If you actually *need* a T8 permabonus, then the cost of the BP is on the same order of magnitude as a T7+T8 permabonus. 

I'm not sure I care enough, since I have a few unlinked T7/8 packages already, but I can see a case where this would be good value for money. I'm not sure if it's good value for me, but I have another week or two to make that decision.

Also worth mentioning that generally these early access things go through 2 patches, so if there is another pile of tokens in the next patch (of the same size) then the free pass would give the T7, and the paid one would give the T8 - although you would have to pay twice (for 2 passes)

I noticed when update went live. So, it's even better and makes premium pass pretty valuable. Especially for player without Mysore. 

20 hours ago, SureBridge said:

The standard structure for these events is such that tokens are only able to be earned in the first patch of early access. During the second patch you can only purchase and spend the event currency.

Edited by Nevermore135

aint it better to learn new ship tiers  starting at the bottom ,  get the ships with the tokens from the battle pass . atleast try them instead of wasting money on dubs just to go strainght to T10 for a ship thats going to be in the techtree anyway 

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

aint it better to learn new ship tiers  starting at the bottom ,  get the ships with the tokens from the battle pass . atleast try them instead of wasting money on dubs just to go strainght to T10 for a ship thats going to be in the techtree anyway 

Yeah it probably is in most cases, however starting at the bottom isn't going to help much with established players. Many of the lines don't really open up and gain real distinction until the mid tiers. in the case of cruisers many of the low tier ships bear almost no resemblance to the later ships in play so may not prove any use to play through. With some of the newer cruiser lines they feel very generic until you get their gimmick at t6 or 7, this line at least seems to get it's gimmick at t5 making that the for free goal fine I think. 

1 hour ago, Darlith said:

Yeah it probably is in most cases, however starting at the bottom isn't going to help much with established players. Many of the lines don't really open up and gain real distinction until the mid tiers. in the case of cruisers many of the low tier ships bear almost no resemblance to the later ships in play so may not prove any use to play through. With some of the newer cruiser lines they feel very generic until you get their gimmick at t6 or 7, this line at least seems to get it's gimmick at t5 making that the for free goal fine I think. 

and this is the problem  with newer players in the game . they just want to rush and get the higher tiers without gaining any experience from the lower tiers as they develope through the lines . 

And hence we fine the potatoes in the higher tiers sitting back or  hiding behind islands  because of lack of experience from the lower tiers and expect those that have worked through the tiers to carry them all the time . these are the players who often blame there teams  when its a lost game  ,

Edited by Gaelic_knight

4 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Yes, a thousand times yes.

2 hours ago, Darlith said:

Sweet spot I think is to start at tier 5.

3 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

and this is the problem  with newer players in the game . they just want to rush and get the higher tiers without gaining any experience from the lower tiers as they develope through the lines . 

And hence we fine the potatoes in the higher tiers sitting back hiding behind islands  because of lack of experience from the lower tiers 

All of this poor behavior is heavily incentivized by WG advertising and staff.

Potatoes at tier 10 is ideal in terms of monetization to WG, I suspect.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Sweet spot I think is to start at tier 5.

Probably overall yes, since I'm fairly certain you can't earn credit towards tokens without using a t5 anyway, newer players wouldn't really be jumping in too deep. Maybe t6 since that is the tier they are working towards.

35 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

And hence we fine the potatoes in the higher tiers sitting back or  hiding behind islands  because of lack of experience from the lower tiers and expect those that have worked through the tiers to carry them all the time . these are the players who often blame there teams  when its a lost game  ,

I agree but you really cant blame them. I mean they make everything look better more powerful more guns, planes and everybody wants to be in the show. I rushed to fast myself as well as 90% of players today probably do.

They make it look so much better in high tiers and that's all you see CC's playing and all the how to videos as well are almost all high tier ships.

But you are diffidently right about the big mouths who don't know how the game is played telling you your a chicken after they die and they have 137 games played with a 41% win rate.

Edited by clammboy