Commonwealth Tokens can buy T2 to T8 ships

o4x4

3 hours ago, Gnirf said:

But I have lower and lower expectations for the BP for every update. I have played less this last update especially after I reached the 20 mark. Now that is still much if I compare with most players. That has primary affected the weekends, to get say 21 points daily + the 2x10 each week are ofc played but not the last 1 pointers, often I have stayed with 2-3. 3 daily containers is the foremost goal.

The explicit change from a “battle pass” to the current “event pass” format (with a tiered progression structure) was a big warning sign. WG has a history of making mechanics/larger system reworks to obfuscate changes/nerfs to player rewards. It makes it more difficult to make direct comparisons between the old and new. The biggest example was the economic rework.

Every event pass we have seen so far has been front-loaded in the sense that early progression for enticing rewards is relatively easy, with later stage progression becoming more difficult for less attractive rewards. It’s indicative of a shift of monetization strategy (really monetization and time in game, as WG also needs to keep the server populated) from milking more money/time out of a smaller population of experienced, dedicated players to a larger number of newer, more casual players. Recent occurrences like the “creatorverse” event to draw in new players from popular streamers’ existing audiences and the buffs to many older premiums that have long been powercrept or made largely obsolete by more recent additions (to market them to the influx of new players that don’t have them) also support this change in strategy.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, WaveRider said:

Just seen @clammboy's post - and whereas I believe he was commenting about the thread and topic matter - I hate to say it resonates the same thing I am feeling about the game nowadays.😆

Yea sorry just having fun with fact that we seem to go through this with every early access release. You would think by now it wouldn’t cause such a furor for something that if you have patience with you can get for free in a little while. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Sutlej = Black Swan

Port Jackson = Weymouth Sub-Type, Town Class 

Caradoc = Caledon Sub-Type,  C Class

Dunedin = D Class

Delhi = Post War Leander Class

Hobart = Amphion Sub-Type, Leander Class

Uganda = Ceylon Sub-Type, Crown Colony Class (same as Coronel Bolognesi, not Fiji)

Clones they may be, but six of the seven are based on real ships (although not necessarily ones which served in actual Commonwealth navies). 

you have to realize though  that the majority of the ships came from the UK anyway .

19 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I had to admit I laughed when I read that in the news article.

I'm still finding that rather amusing, and distasteful at the same time.

battle pass stages increase each time . same as dockyard stages do  

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

you have to realize though  that the majority of the ships came from the UK anyway

Yes, of course.... shipbuilding is more difficult than it looks, particularly to modern viewers (who are largely akin to pre-industrial troglodytes when it comes to understanding how stuff is *actually made*). Australia and Canada managed to build their own ships *eventually* but it took between 5-10 years of hard work to be able to build warships, rather than merchant shipping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Warrego_(D70)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Micmac

On 3/11/2024 at 7:22 PM, tfcas119 said:

3k tokens to get the T8. judging by past EA events, you should have enough to get the T7 for free, after that requires paying the BP and/or in this case buying containers (and maybe you'll get the T9 doing so)

Actually WG seems less generous here, only enough through the paid BP to get the T7, free only gets you Delhi. In a way, kind of nice to see that you almost have to grind most of the line to get to T10, but on the other it feels kind of stingy compared to prior EA lines.

• Like 3

On 3/13/2024 at 1:20 AM, SunkCostFallacy said:

I had to admit I laughed when I read that in the news article.

I'm still finding that rather amusing, and distasteful at the same time.

It is not strange that they try to get money from everything  - but the strange thing is thet they set the prizes so absurdly high that the No is a no-brainer. For me most of the EA bundles etc is very easy to decline, only if say 1 bundle brings you say a new ship or so it might be yes if not the first bundle shows the big prize.

with winning on @clydeplays golden barnacles at the weekend i spent some of my 10k dubs on 6 of the comenwelth premium containers for the tokens  , i even got one of the rare camo's from one .  i bought the battle pass for the extra tokens  and used them to get from port jackson up to hobart .there not that bad if you can play the original british cruiser line , bonus is these have HE and AP shells.

as i mostly play co-op like a lot of players  i think i did ok in random's instead of trying them out first in co-op  

shot-24.03.13_20.43.12-0435.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.43.21-0319.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.43.38-0504.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.43.48-0154.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.44.05-0705.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.44.16-0872.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.59.25-0998.jpg

shot-24.03.13_20.59.33-0515.jpg

got the Delhi for spare dubs thru bp MkII, hope to be able to finish it cause I have a soft spot for Nigeria, khm, khm Mysore..but thats beside the point😁

Now, about them dildos, and some dedication in that regard, which is the point😘🥂

I've got the tier 2, so everything I need from the event!

😂

Of course, it would be nice to get to the tier 4 or 5.

We will see.

• Like 1

Now we have our hands on the first ones available - any thoughts on the new commander accents?

The Aussie (I tried Port Jackson and Hector so far) sounds "odd". Bloke seems to be a bit of a caricature to me.

The Indian (Mysore) sounds like a call centre worker, so could be ok - would need an Indian player to advise if they got the accent close enough to not be insulting to players from India.

edit: Caradoc is Canadian. I guess the captain voice sounds Canadian. 

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I've got the tier 2, so everything I need from the event!

😂

Of course, it would be nice to get to the tier 4 or 5.

We will see.

Personally, I'm using event tokens for the Commanders available in the Armory, first.
Then I'll focus on the early-access ships with whatever tokens I can score in the remaining time.
I figure the ships are becoming tech-tree, eventually.  So all I have to do is be patient.
If a whim strikes me, then I can use FreeXP and credits to welcome ships to my port, later.

The bonus packages from this mission to be played with Commonwealth ships seem not to be bound to those but freely attacheable. At least their description indicates that.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:08 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Oh and they even threw in a 1 doubloon discount this time around!

So we cant really say there are no improvements no? 🤣

Took a good look at the offerings and.....its not stellar. But is not bad either, is a bit of "roentgen" situation.

Battle pass costs 2500 and one could get max 2000 tokens. Which means Uganda at max. But getting the other ships means one can complete the bonus package missions earlier. While they are here for 60 days, one has to push to get them without the "eearly help".

Soo.....I would say its worth it, well without  knowing the line that is. And one also get a T6 premium ( Mysore). If ops would have been as they were.... it would have  been a good investment.

So yeah....roentgen situation. Still i'm gonna get the battlepass, coz dubs are from ranked, so no moneyz spent....

Edited by Andrewbassg

Well these early events have one big problem, everybody can skip low tiers.

So no players on low tiers again.

No learning the class from start, especially for new players.

Lost that feeling that you are actually playing new class.

That 19999k doublons at the end are a proof of money earning, but it is killing the core of the game, damn I miss those days were you didnt have to play the game using you credit card, ah..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

damn I miss those days were you didnt have to play the game using you credit card, ah..

Well you still dont, its just helluva lot easier if you do spend some cash...

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

That 19999k doublons at the end are a proof of money earning, but it is killing the core of the game, damn I miss those days were you didnt have to play the game using you credit card, ah..

The alternative for FTP games would be monthly fee for everyone. 

I just found out that trading tokens for credits is much more valuable than getting these low tier ships......

On 3/16/2024 at 6:40 PM, Wulf_Ace said:

Despite being critical of this Early Access event myself, no one is forcing you to unlock Cerberus right now with doubloons.

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Despite being critical of this Early Access event myself, no one is forcing you to unlock Cerberus right now with doubloons.

Well if he wants good streaming material it kinda does…

On 3/15/2024 at 6:00 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm using event tokens for the Commanders available in the Armory, first.

Agreed. A 10 pter & a 6 pter for me, most likely. I will wait for the tech tree to go free, then just use silver & free exp to equip/upgrade the ships I buy then (the Cdn ones, esp). The early access is always a WG con job to induce the 'Herrings' * to spend money.

* 'Herrings' - a marine (WoWS) equivalent to WoT 'Lemmings'. 😁

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 6:11 AM, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

The Indian (Mysore) sounds like a call centre worker, so could be ok - would need an Indian player to advise if they got the accent close enough to not be insulting to players from India.

Evidently you've never personally met enough Indians who speak fluent English as a second language, or you'd know the answer to this question.

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Evidently you've never personally met enough Indians who speak fluent English as a second language, or you'd know the answer to this question.

I did work with an Indian lady (60+ years old) who was fluent in 5 languages (written and spoken) English, German, Dutch, plus 2 separate Indian dialects. Her strong accent was very noticeable, but this was 20 years ago, so maybe I can't fully recall 100% anymore, hence my comment.

ps. Because she spoke with an accent, she was usually talked down to by the average Aussie customer coming into our establishment, as well as by a couple of colleagues. Never mind the fact she was the most educated person in the entire establishment. My most enduring memory was the amazing left overs she brought me every day for my lunch. Curries, and the extra sweet deserts. I was sad to see her go when her civil engineer husband got a job in Tasmania (over 2500 km away).

Plus, the local Indian doctor I see at my local clinic speaks with an English (London) accent. When I say call centre, I am referring to those Indian nationals living in India and working at the many call centres that answer our service calls to Aussie (?) tech and telco companies. The captain on Delhi sounds like that to me.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain

I am a big fan of the Leander, and therefore was quite keen on getting both the Delhi and Hobart. Plus, I am quite pleased with seeing an expansion of the commonwealth line. So, I have been blowing through my Commonwealth tokens have have the line up to the Hobart at this point.

The Delhi I have somewhat mixed feelings about. Given the enjoyment I get out of the Leander, I was hoping that some day WoWs would create some kind of premium version at Tier VII, sort of like the Stord and Stord '43. The Delhi at Tier V takes things in the opposite direction! ☹️ Oh, well.

I have taken the Delhi into random battles four times so far with the commander slightly boosted to 4 points to get me the two recommended 1st tier skills and the one recommended 2nd tier skill. This was my progression in terms of damage dealt: 6237 hp, 20817, 27560 and 42423. Progression in terms of rank on the team roster: 11/12, 10/12, 3/12 and 1/12. There was a bit of a learning curve as this vessel does not operate entirely like the Leander–I note that I did not expect her to. Also, I have a 15-pt commander in the Leander. The two things I miss the most relative to Leander are the repair party and the single-fire torps. I am still getting used to working with crawl smoke. I do like the 10 km range of the Delhi's torps even though at first I could not seem to hit anything but shorelines. My first successful torp strikes started in the 3rd battle.

I have taken Hobart out in just one random battle thus far, using the supplied 6-point commander trained with with grease the gears, fire starter and survival expert. In this first outing, I was up-tiered, though it was not too bad as there were three other Tier VI ships with me among the VIIs and VIIIs. While being at the bottom tier can be annoying at times, I try to frame it as a challenge–to see how long I can survive and how much damage I can deal. I did not do too bad. The results are included below. The first kill was from a potshot at a severely damaged New Orleans that I thought I would miss but delivered the final 892 HP to take her down. The second one was a dev strike on the Hsienyang with main gun fire and I believe that single torp strike–14505 damage total, but I cannot recall which one dealt the final blow–probably the guns. The DD unfortunately (for them) gave me a broadside attack and the Hobart's guns appear to be similar enough to the Leander that my aim is pretty good.

-best

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesFromBattles_Hobart_FirstTryInRB_20240319_Crop.jpg

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesFromBattles_Hobart_FirstTryInRB_20240319_2_Crop.jpg

Edited by RedLimitFreeway