Commonwealth Tokens can buy T2 to T8 ships

o4x4

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Eh.

Tier 10 isn't the best part of the game...so it's fine.

This! it's most boring and unbalanced tier in WoWs

I am emphatically underwhelmed by the scrooge level of access without paying revealed by the recent news article. Only getting up to the T5 without paying up dubs is just so incredibly lame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kynami said:

I am emphatically underwhelmed by the scrooge level of access without paying revealed by the recent news article. Only getting up to the T5 without paying up dubs is just so incredibly lame.

Ah, but it's good for the game to prevent people from just skipping those lower tiers all together...

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:13 PM, Aethervox said:

Isn't the Caradoc just a clone of the Leander & isn't the Uganda just a clone of the Fiji (amongst other clones in this line)?

Sutlej = Black Swan

Port Jackson = Weymouth Sub-Type, Town Class 

Caradoc = Caledon Sub-Type,  C Class

Dunedin = D Class

Delhi = Post War Leander Class

Hobart = Amphion Sub-Type, Leander Class

Uganda = Ceylon Sub-Type, Crown Colony Class (same as Coronel Bolognesi, not Fiji)

Clones they may be, but six of the seven are based on real ships (although not necessarily ones which served in actual Commonwealth navies). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kynami said:

I am emphatically underwhelmed by the scrooge level of access without paying

Or you could just, you know, grind a tech-tree without paying for any of it at all. Or does it bother you that much that you can't get into the rarefied air of high tiers for free before early access finishes?

I've got IRL things which are going to get in the way of me getting as far as I would have liked. I'll be lucky if I get the T6 early. But that is what it is, and I'm not at all averse to working through this line from a fairly low point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question, does this early access events really pays off to WG?

53 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Question, does this early access events really pays off to WG?

I think if it didn't pay off, they would be doing it differently.

32 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

battle pass  stages 1000 dubs per stage 

I had to admit I laughed when I read that in the news article.

I'm still finding that rather amusing, and distasteful at the same time.

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Or you could just, you know, grind a tech-tree without paying for any of it at all. Or does it bother you that much that you can't get into the rarefied air of high tiers for free before early access finishes?

I've gotten quite used to be able to start at T7 or higher with the last few ship releases. As coop/ops only it saves a ton of time as grinding T5/6 in coop is quite a chore as base xp seems to top out around 400 for an excellent game these days. 

The spawns being pushed out make it hard to have monster games anymore. And with dd/subs swapping flanks it less consistent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Them being cheapskates in this manner and with how they are having the bonus packages locked behind missions that require the boats themselves? Yeah I'm kinda irked that completing the event doesn't get me bonus packages up through tiers seven to eight here. Because it isn't just they are locking more of the boats behind a paywall. They are also locking the bonus packages that previously came with the boats effectively behind it too.

3 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Them being cheapskates in this manner and with how they are having the bonus packages locked behind missions that require the boats themselves? Yeah I'm kinda irked that completing the event doesn't get me bonus packages up through tiers seven to eight here. Because it isn't just they are locking more of the boats behind a paywall. They are also locking the bonus packages that previously came with the boats effectively behind it too.

Welcome to World of Warships.

Stuff costs money.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Welcome to World of Warships.

Stuff costs money.

Wallet closed for the duration. Seriously this kind of nickle and dime behavior is just crass. They can *say* it costs money, but if the customer doesn't believe it. It isn't.

• Like 2

EA event looks similar to Pan-American cruisers, but somehow worse. No T8 camo and less ships for free. All camos and T9 are locked in low drop chance containers. However, each unlocked ship will grand permabonus for the tier above, which is best part of this event. 

On my main acc, I'll buy the bundles until I get T8, T10 permacamo and T9. Camos look great and T9 grants T10 permabonus, so quite worth it. Expecting to spend like 60k dubs, so similar to previous EA events. 

Going to grind free BP on several other accounts where I already have a few Commonwealth premiums. But this BP is worse and more grindy than previously...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kynami said:

Wallet closed for the duration. Seriously this kind of nickle and dime behavior is just crass. They can *say* it costs money, but if the customer doesn't believe it. It isn't.

My wallet has been closed since I started.

This business model is almost always very poor value to the customer.

12 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

battle pass  stages 1000 dubs per stage 

Or you can just, you know, play them through?

Hi all,

21 hours ago, o4x4 said:

Only 950 tokens from free pass so can get T5 and missing 50 for T6.  Even buying 2nd pass will only get you 1000 more and get to T7.

So Tier V is the only one attainable for free... I hoped for at least Tier VI... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

So Tier V is the only one attainable for free... I hoped for at least Tier VI... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

Yes, this is terrible and arguably the worst early access event ever since WG substituted random lootboxes for a guaranteed early access drop, taking this is a complete branch into considerarion.

Not to say that the lower tiers are very lazily made (we have copy-paste Port Jackson instead of something like a historical Australian Town-class or Prince David) even if that is understandable regarding Belgrade studio's struggles.

27 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Yes, this is terrible and arguably the worst early access event ever since WG substituted random lootboxes for a guaranteed early access drop, taking this is a complete branch into considerarion.

Not to say that the lower tiers are very lazily made (we have copy-paste Port Jackson instead of something like a historical Australian Town-class or Prince David) even if that is understandable regarding Belgrade studio's struggles.

Eh.

All the early access events are terrible.

This one being 'worst' isn't a big deal to me.

WARNING: Started writing the below and realised that I've just lost my enthusiasm for the game, so my holiday break from it is going to last a little longer I guess. Maybe more time away will have me itching to get back to the game I've had years of enjoyment from? 🙂 

Been on holiday for a couple of weeks so haven't been playing, been back a few days and still haven't played. Have done the update today and then logged into game to see if there was anything worth playing for....nope (IMO).

It's strange when you look at a game you have played for years (and enjoyed) and realise, that having not played for a while, you have actually benefitted more from the time you've stayed away. 

Maybe it is because I have more ships than I need, so I'm not busting to get more. Maybe it's because I still have lines unfinished - so starting a new line holds no real challenge than is already there. Maybe its because the free stuff is the same old same old that I have plenty of and is of no benefit because adding another signal to the 2k to 4k I already have for each type is hardly an 'achievement' - and any new ship has more chance of just becoming another Port Queen nowadays.

Maybe that's it, at present (for me) the game isn't offering any benefit from 'achieving' the in-game objectives provided. Damn! I know I have enjoyed/enjoy the game, I guess the question will be 'will the level of enjoyment ever get back to beating the other enjoyable things I've done with my time?'. 🙁

Just seen @clammboy's post - and whereas I believe he was commenting about the thread and topic matter - I hate to say it resonates the same thing I am feeling about the game nowadays.😆

6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This Looks Familiar GIFs | Tenor

Here's hoping my fellow Captains stay away from the uncertain waters I find myself in and continue to travel happier seas! My best to all until I return. 😃

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My wallet has been closed since I started.

This business model is almost always very poor value to the customer.

Does it? As a customer you can play for free - then it is up to you what you want to pay for. I am not convinced that for a niche game the idea is bad - a lot of free riders fills the games and the more dedicated ones pay more and gets more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Does it? As a customer you can play for free - then it is up to you what you want to pay for. I am not convinced that for a niche game the idea is bad - a lot of free riders fills the games and the more dedicated ones pay more and gets more.

I meant to say the offerings for money were poor value.

I get what I want for free. Nothing WG has offered lately or ever has tempted me to actually spend.

11 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

The problem of every F2P game is to animate free players to spend money, even small amounts. WG is doing the opposite, they are making everything hard to get and expensive. The Battle Pass turned into a grotesque joke, where the paid track is of very low value while the missions get harder month by month.

And a niche game must count its blessings, because once the customers are gone they might spread the word, deterring new people from playing. And once even the free players are gone, then it's RIP game. WG is moving towards it.

30 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The problem of every F2P game is to animate free players to spend money, even small amounts. WG is doing the opposite, they are making everything hard to get and expensive. The Battle Pass turned into a grotesque joke, where the paid track is of very low value while the missions get harder month by month.

And a niche game must count its blessings, because once the customers are gone they might spread the word, deterring new people from playing. And once even the free players are gone, then it's RIP game. WG is moving towards it.

Yes true, but in the beginning we got almost nothing except the signals for achievements. remember the 12 vs 12 Nassaus?

The missions are easier for the casual players while it is bad for us that plays much. An the rewards poorer in general.

I must see how difficult the missions are for the eco bonus packages are before I give my final verdict. If you want to regrind the line it is helpful to have the bonuses otherwise it does not matter that much. But I have lower and lower expectations for the BP for every update. I have played less this last update especially after I reached the 20 mark. Now that is still much if I compare with most players. That has primary affected the weekends, to get say 21 points daily + the 2x10 each week are ofc played but not the last 1 pointers, often I have stayed with 2-3. 3 daily containers is the foremost goal.

Edited by Gnirf