PTS - Your experience, rewards, effort is it worth it?

Gnirf

I did the whole thing for part 1, including manually doing the dockyard (no buying). It took two days, maybe 4 hours of playing.

Rewards are instant on the normal server.

That said, playing coop or asymmetric on test was just the same as live server, I got a bunch of stuff including some perma camos.

Honestly you could just get the easiest rewards and stop, it wasn't worth it for the perma camos, they are so ugly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

@Gnirf As you play the Public Test Server, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:

• The rewards you get on your main account from the PTS server are listed in the news article about that PTS session.  Only some of the missions on PTS offer main account rewards (PT Rewards, and I think Special Mission rewards).
  • Any super containers or premium ship containers you earn while on the PTS do NOT count toward your main account.  Even though it looks like you won it, you may not even see it on your PTS account.  Even if it does, it will disappear from your PTS account once that session (weekend) ends.
  • Dock Yard events are much faster to complete, with much lower requirements, than will be on the main server when that Dock Yard goes live.  PTS is just testing the process.  You also will NOT get to play the new Dock Yard ship on PTS or main account even once you complete the Dock Yard missions on PTS.
  • Sometimes the rewards you see on PTS for certain event missions will not be the same as when the event goes live on the main serv, tahnks. er.

Yes I have noticed some different areas to check the rewards. i will try to go back in the news articles to see the rewards in earlier iterations to see if this PTS was typical. 

Well if I look at this PTS news it seems that doing DY gives some community tokens on the main server. I know that most are just fictional and just on PTS,

But at least something has been given to my main server a few permacamos, a few containers and so far a bit over 3000 tokens. The Asym chains has given some credits etc.

1 hour ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

I did the whole thing for part 1, including manually doing the dockyard (no buying). It took two days, maybe 4 hours of playing.

Rewards are instant on the normal server.

That said, playing coop or asymmetric on test was just the same as live server, I got a bunch of stuff including some perma camos.

Honestly you could just get the easiest rewards and stop, it wasn't worth it for the perma camos, they are so ugly.

No I am not directly elated either. But a few of the one-offs I will probably use when I get them as Perma f.e. Pi and that Scifi is rather OK..

2 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Haven't played on PTS in a while. I'll only play to play with friends from other servers. I find it pointless and unsatisfying since I'm not making any progress towards my actual account. Matches are obviously full bot lobbies. Maybe if there's something genuinely interesting to me I will play on it, but otherwise no.  

As I like Asymmetric and this live server rewards are easily to get, I play it this time around , other times I may just take the login easy modes say 3 coops in a DD for 250 and 1000 XP that gave a few hundred CT.

To be honest I tend to use the PTS to test out Captain builds as retraining is free so you can just swap skills to check their effectiveness on any ship you feel like and get an idea of how much use you get out of various Captain skills (all of which are 21 point on PTS). 

You can also easly swap round various modules and ship upgrades to see how they affect handling in matches/modes.

• Like 2