New upcoming T9 US DD Johnston seems pretty strong

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Associative obsolescence... sounds like my kind of game...

Imagine that "game" ^^^ in Biology and Anthropology....  Heck, Theology:  the Bible's who begat whom list is monstrously long....  We could do that with Weapons Calibers as well !!!  30-40 begat the 30-06 that begat the 7.62x51 that begat the......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asym said:

Imagine that "game" ^^^ in Biology and Anthropology....  Heck, Theology:  the Bible's who begat whom list is monstrously long....  We could do that with Weapons Calibers as well !!!  30-40 begat the 30-06 that begat the 7.62x51 that begat the......

That reminded me of a song, can't remember it exactly, maybe @Snargfargle can though? It's got hip bone something..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

If their marketing team is reading this Forum, and I am sure they are, they are hearing "Cha-Ching !"  You'all are so predictable....

PS.  If you want to hunt DD's, use a Cruiser. 

I already do .... in my Annapolis where I usually kill 2-3 DDs. I just want some variety with a different ship. Vampire RPF/RL build is also great for this.

• Like 2

Johnston seems like she’s going to be a T9 F Sherman. 

22 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Sherman is defined by her lack of torpedo arcs and only two torpedoes per side, as well as high visibility.  Johnston isn't going to have those major handicaps.  Seems closer to a standard Fletcher with no fire setting ability.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Sorry, missile.  Harpoon missile....  And yes, I played "Harpoon" from Day one and the Army staff used to play against the Navy staff where I worked !  Now that, was a lot of fun !!!!!  The Navy version is more than the Civilian version.

Can you imagine the average WOWS player trying to fight a ship in the advanced version of the game?  I was a long time gamer and I thought it made Star Fleet Battles veterans cry.

• Thanks 1

Here you go boys, enjoy the video

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Can you imagine the average WOWS player trying to fight a ship in the advanced version of the game?  I was a long time gamer and I thought it made Star Fleet Battles veterans cry.

Imagine playing against actual Naval CPT's ! 

56 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Sherman is defined by her lack of torpedo arcs and only two torpedoes per side, as well as high visibility.  Johnston isn't going to have those major handicaps.  Seems closer to a standard Fletcher with no fire setting ability.

I was wondering when WG was going to do Johnston, and I'm quite happy with their plan to give her San Diego type SAP. The ability to slap bigger ships harder than they were expecting seemed to be a must-have for this particular ship.

Now, WG. About the rest of that list of Heroic Destroyers I've got... 

49 minutes ago, Asym said:

Imagine playing against actual Naval CPT's ! 

I would have hyperventilated at the prospect!   Though, it has to be said that actual naval Captains have -alot- more concerns about their ships than just how to fight them.  In alot of ways, being the commander of a warship is like being the top manager of a large branch office in a major company chain, having to work to manage your supervisors, employees, and material needs to keep your part of the company working and reporting to the home office when things go south.  Of course, the difference is your competitors are out to kill all of you and failure in either training or actual doing the job can mean severe injury or your own death, so the stakes are much, much higher as are the responsibilities.

So, what a gamer might decide to try, an actual naval officer might balk at because the officer is trained to always consider factors the gamer doesn't face.  That still doesn't mean I wouldn't have loved to play with the actual professionals in the field.

Edited by Jakob Knight

2 hours ago, Type_93 said:

I would say nothing close to Sherman because that ship is on crack all the time, but it will probably beat the output of a Sherman in those seconds the boost is up, and Sherman has bad conceal so cant really sneak up like this ship will be able to.