Wisconsin for the next upcoming dockyard! West Virginia'44 as Mid-Dockyard Reward.

Charon

On 3/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

I am betting it will be reasonably easy in order to retain the new players who came with the current "famous" streamer promotions.

Give them a fast path to T10 while getting them to spend money for the first time.

5 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Knowing how WG do business I'm putting bet on "it will be as hard as before if not worse in order to earn more money from people that attracted by her". 

Of course I'm hoping it would be an easier one, any people with sense would prefer less grinding, but I don't think WG will ease it for us.

I simply want "reasonable". Reasonable for a T10 Special Premium/Ship based on past dockyards not including the OG Puerto Rico one. Something more like the 2nd Puerto Rico dockyard that actually was reasonable for a T10 ship would be fine by me. Especially since we only have to buy 2 stages vs the usual 4-5.

31 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I do agree if someone finds the terms unacceptable just ignore it. By the same token I struggle to find reason, based on dockyard history, to find issue with either format or cost at this time.

Indeed.

I know I don't play enough to grind out a Dockyard ship.

I'm ok with that.

Plenty of good stuff already in game.

For others, the dockyard length is reasonable.

• Like 2

Oddly .. my biggest issue is not actually knowing how the paid stages of dockyards work.

Because I'm strictly F2P I've had to accumulate dubs from WG along the way. Now I find myself with 19664, and that means that it's quite viable that I decide to spend some of them on the upcoming dockyard if the level of grind isn't obscene. I wouldn't do more than the 2 stage starter pack though ... not for a BB given that my heart will always be with cruisers.

But I've never actually looked into how you use your paid stage pack for dockyards.

I'll look it up, but I thought it was amusing that it took this long before it was something I felt I needed to know. UmmmmSmiley.gif.414ea85b500c0beead11ed14c553ad3d.gif

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Indeed.

I know I don't play enough to grind out a Dockyard ship.

I'm ok with that.

Plenty of good stuff already in game.

For others, the dockyard length is reasonable.

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

2 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Oddly .. my biggest issue is not actually knowing how the paid stages of dockyards work.

Because I'm strictly F2P I've had to accumulate dubs from WG along the way. Now I find myself with 19664, and that means that it's quite viable that I decide to spend some of them on the upcoming dockyard if the level of grind isn't obscene. I wouldn't do more than the 2 stage starter pack though ... not for a BB given that my heart will always be with cruisers.

But I've never actually looked into how you use your paid stage pack for dockyards.

I'll look it up, but I thought it was amusing that it took this long before it was something I felt I needed to know. UmmmmSmiley.gif.414ea85b500c0beead11ed14c553ad3d.gif

1. ALL dockyard ships require a minimum # of the building phases (at the very end) to be paid for via Doubloons to get the ship. This time we know it will be (2) two phases that have to be purchased. This is the lowest # to date. I believe there have been a couple where it is 3 but usually it is 4-5.
  2. You can buy starter packs with multiple building phases (at a discounted price) and/or individual building phase stages for Doubloons.
  3. IF you decide that you want the ship and are willing/able to finish the Dockyard and get to the paid phases, it is always worth it to buy starter packs. These have to be purchased BEFORE you complete a certain # of tasks in the 1st week (I believe a few Dockyards it had to be done before playing any games not just completing part of week 1). You open the actual Dockyard tab (where you see the ship being built) and you have the option to buy starter packs there until such time as you reach that cut off point week 1.
  4. As a rule, (2) different starter packs are offered. The smaller one usually covers the required # of phases you must buy to get the ship. The 2nd one usually has quite a few extra stages and offers a bigger discount over the individual cost of buying 1 building phase than the smaller starter pack does.
  5. In the upcoming Dockyard for Wisconsin we only know there will be one starter pack offered at this time. It covers the required (2) building phases you must buy and costs 3200 Doubloons. We don't know if there will be a 2nd starter pack (or what it costs) nor do we know what the individual cost is for a building phase (probably somewhere 1750-1950 Doubloons each but?).
  6. If you buy 1 or more starter packs and want to buy more building phases you can on the Dockyard screen. There will be a button at the bottom you can click to buy individual building phases. There will be a button under the progress bar that usually says Complete with Doubloons.
  7. Any building phases, other than the ones you must buy, that you complete via Doubloons, and then complete playing usually give some for of compensation (lately it has been 250 Steel but in the past it has been 500 Steel, RB pts, etc...).  I haven't seen where they have said what it will be for this one yet?

Hope this helps.

41 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  1. ALL dockyard ships require a minimum # of the building phases (at the very end) to be paid for via Doubloons to get the ship. This time we know it will be (2) two phases that have to be purchased. This is the lowest # to date. I believe there have been a couple where it is 3 but usually it is 4-5.
  2. You can buy starter packs with multiple building phases (at a discounted price) and/or individual building phase stages for Doubloons.
  3. IF you decide that you want the ship and are willing/able to finish the Dockyard and get to the paid phases, it is always worth it to buy starter packs. These have to be purchased BEFORE you complete a certain # of tasks in the 1st week (I believe a few Dockyards it had to be done before playing any games not just completing part of week 1). You open the actual Dockyard tab (where you see the ship being built) and you have the option to buy starter packs there until such time as you reach that cut off point week 1.
  4. As a rule, (2) different starter packs are offered. The smaller one usually covers the required # of phases you must buy to get the ship. The 2nd one usually has quite a few extra stages and offers a bigger discount over the individual cost of buying 1 building phase than the smaller starter pack does.
  5. In the upcoming Dockyard for Wisconsin we only know there will be one starter pack offered at this time. It covers the required (2) building phases you must buy and costs 3200 Doubloons. We don't know if there will be a 2nd starter pack (or what it costs) nor do we know what the individual cost is for a building phase (probably somewhere 1750-1950 Doubloons each but?).
  6. If you buy 1 or more starter packs and want to buy more building phases you can on the Dockyard screen. There will be a button at the bottom you can click to buy individual building phases. There will be a button under the progress bar that usually says Complete with Doubloons.
  7. Any building phases, other than the ones you must buy, that you complete via Doubloons, and then complete playing usually give some for of compensation (lately it has been 250 Steel but in the past it has been 500 Steel, RB pts, etc...).  I haven't seen where they have said what it will be for this one yet?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that mate ... it was pretty much what I thought it was.

What I don't know is what the mechanism is for applying a purchased phase to a specific set of missions.

So if I buy the base starter pack, I assume that it just completes the last two phases which HAVE to be completed using the starter pack?

However if there is a second pack, which contains more than the basic necessity, how do you apply your purchased phase to the set of missions you WANT it to apply to? Is there a button that says "Apply purchased phase" (or something similar) ... or does it just keep working backwards from the end? So IF there were a second pack and it contained (just pulling a figure out of the air) 5 phases ... does it just complete the last 5 phases of the dockyard automatically, or can you 'spend' the extra 3 phases on whichever phases you see fit?

Logically one would want to complete the hardest phases using the purchased packs ... and that means the later phases, but what I don't know if it's automatic or it's applied manually (other than the 'Complete with Dubloons' button which is distinct from the starter packs).

I've just proof read that three times and I think I made sense ... maybe. Sorta. Kinda. smileytongue.gif.ef6cf951004b90decb581a917ff831ed.gif

*edit* for clarity even after proof reading it 3 times Doh!

Edited by SunkCostFallacy

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

What I don't know is what the mechanism is for applying a purchased phase to a specific set of missions.

You have no control over that. You won't see any specific building phase be shown as complete in the Dockyard mission section (under Combat missions and you don't get tokens to manually apply to the Dockyard) as shown here:

r9tlkjjapzd51.png?auto=webp&s=0bf39a274a

What it will do is complete however many building phases worth you bought on the progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen where the ship is built as shown here: 

phpNiNBmB

If you purchase building phases via Doubloons, be it individual ones or starter packs, it completes them on the actual Dockyard screen progress bar (as shown above) in order starting at #1. Basically, it progresses you along in the process of building the ship (which is what happens when you do a mission that gives a token - it then completes the next incomplete phase on the progress bar). 

So you need all of the building phases completed on that progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen. The building phase tokens move the bar and buying phases (the required ones and any extras) do as well. That is why there is duplicate compensation if you buy more building phases than the minimum needed; you will end up with extra tokens (building phases) if you buy more than the minimum.

So let's use the upcoming Wisconsin Dockyard to explain it with the following examples...

• The morning of the updating dropping and the Dockyard going live you buy the 2 building phase starter pack for Wisconsin: 
    • That completes building phases 1 & 2 on the progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen 
    • The 1st Dockyard mission you complete in Week 1, that gives a building phase token, will automatically complete building phase 3 on the progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen
  • If you decide to buy both starter packs at the outset; the one for 2 building phases we know about and let's say the other is for 5:
    • That completes building phases 1-7 on the progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen
    • When you then complete the 1st Dockyard mission in Week 1, that gives a building phase token, it will automatically complete building phase 8 on the progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen
  • If you decide to buy more than the required 2 building phases, and you complete all 28 Dockyard missions that award building phase tokens, any duplicates earned usually provide some form of compensation (250-500 Steel, RB points, etc...):
    • You buy both starter packs for 7 building phases + 2 additional individual building phases for a total of 9  which completes building phases 1-9 on the progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen -OR- completes 1-7 if you get the 2 starter packs early on and then whatever the 2 lowest incomplete phases would be if you get the other 2 later after playing and earning some phases.
    • You also complete all required Dockyard missions and earn 28 Building phase tokens
      • The progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen is advanced to stage 30 and you get the ship
      • You earn 7 additional building phase tokens and are awarded whatever the compensation is (so if 250 Steel it would be 7X250=1750 Steel total)

So I hope this explains that part. You don't get to pick where things are applied. It is automatic and in order. What people mean when they say "it lets you avoid unpleasant/hard tasks" mainly refers to the harder ones WG always stacks on at the end. You play far enough into the Dockyard where the tasks are doable for you and then you buy however many you need to avoid the really unpleasant ones near the end. You will have to play far enough through the weekly missions however, to advance that progress bar on the actual Dockyard screen, far enough that the building phases you buy finish off the Dockyard for the ship.

Logically one would want to complete the hardest phases using the purchased packs ... and that means the later phases, but what I don't know if it's automatic or it's applied manually (other than the 'Complete with Dubloons' button which is distinct from the starter packs).

As said above it is automatic. You don't get to pick and choose where things are applied. It is in progressive order. Think of it like buying those random bundles from the Armory chains. You have to go buy the ones you don't want in order to get to the stuff you do want. Same basic thing with the Dockyard progress bar. Any phases bought with Doubloons, or earned by playing missions, get applied to the lowest incomplete stage. 

So, you always want to look ahead when the Dockyard drops, at every set of weekly missions, and see what the mission requirements are before starting to play. This will give you an idea of how many missions you want to skip and then you plan accordingly with the number of building phases you will buy + earn playing. I you think you can do all of them (besides the ones you have to buy) then just buy the smaller starter pack to save some Doubloons vs doing it full price at the end. If you think there are some at the end, where WG always back loads it with more difficulty, that you can't/don't want to do, figure out how many will be needed to skip them and then buy the other starter pack if needed before starting to play and missing out on the ability to do so. If you need more than the 2nd starter pack wait until you get to the point it gets the ship just in case.

I've just proof read that three times and I think I made sense ... maybe. Sorta. Kinda. smileytongue.gif.ef6cf951004b90decb581a917ff831ed.gif

I hope all that rambling of mine overhead makes sense LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not going to worry about any of this I am going to finish the dockyard because my birthday was in February. So I bought 25k doubloons used my 100% birthday coupon got another 25k doubloons free I had 19k so I now have 69k doubloons.

Trying to decide whether to flat out buy the dockyard first and play all the missions for steel or buy just the starter packs and finish as many mission for free as I can. Then if I have to I will use more doubloons to finish. I am working 6 and 7 days a week so I can only play at night for an hour or two. 

Either way I will be happy. Good luck to all the F2P players I really hope WG gives all of you or all of us a fair shake and a reasonable grind to finish up everything and get the ships. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You have no control over that. You won't see any specific building phase be shown as complete in the Dockyard mission section (under Combat missions and you don't get tokens to manually apply to the Dockyard) as shown here:

I snipped merely for the sake of brevity.

Ok - I think I get it.

Effectively the number of phases I buy gets removed from the END of the dockyard, as I'm still having to complete the phases sequentially.

18 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I snipped merely for the sake of brevity.

Ok - I think I get it.

Effectively the number of phases I buy gets removed from the END of the dockyard, as I'm still having to complete the phases sequentially.

They get applied to the earliest/lowest, non completed, stage on the progress bar but that ends up making the end/finishing easier for you. Whatever phases you buy will be applied to the earliest incomplete stage on the progress bar. But by those getting completed via money it means the building phase tokens you get playing early on, when the tasks are easier, get applied further along in the progress bar than the would if you didn't buy any.

So basically you don't wind up in the last week of the Dockyard, needing 4 building phase tokens to finish, and having to grind the brutal tasks that are usually found at the end of events like that to get the last 4 tokens. You already bought them out + earned tokens in early and easier weeks that have completed those last 4 building phases.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

From Discord -

Konception [NA] — Today at 19:10
As others have pointed out, this is one of the cheaper Dockyards we have offered
[19:12]
And while I can't divulge any info yet, there's a chance that more people should be able to complete this Dockyard for free (as in completely free) than most other Dockyards
We shall see 

A chance!! LOL There's also a chance I'll win the National lottery!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

And while I can't divulge any info yet, there's a chance that more people should be able to complete this Dockyard for free (as in completely free) than most other Dockyards

So the way I read this is that WG is either planning something crazy that will likely wow and piss off the playerbase in roughly equal parts or they are planning on offering some kind of doubloon compensation for WV’44 in a break from recent trends.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

From Discord -

Konception [NA] — Today at 19:10
As others have pointed out, this is one of the cheaper Dockyards we have offered
We shall see 

A chance!! LOL There's also a chance I'll win the National lottery!!

How can someone complete a dockyard for free (completely free) if you have to purchase the last two phases for doubloons (i.e. money)?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How can someone complete a dockyard for free (completely free) if you have to purchase the last two phases for doubloons (i.e. money)?

You can't;  if,  our host continues the Dockyard process as they have in the recent past...  You can't if there is a 2 phase required purchase.  The WV44 is owned by many older players and there "usually" some sort of "compensation" for prior ownership.  Could they "write off two phases" if you already own the WV?   Who the heck knows.

Our host really doesn't do "Innovation" very well....

We can hope that one day, future dockyards are F2P feasible....  But, hope for us doesn't pay the bonuses for WG executives..........we'll see.

Edited by Asym

26 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It will be free for me if I can hustle up another 400 doubloons and complete the grinds before the dockyard event ends.  The doubloons I have so far have been accumulated and saved while FTP.

31 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I got 1,500 doubloons from the anniversary super containers. Plus another 1,500 (or 3,000, I can no longer recall) from the new year certificates. Plus the 50 doubloons from the free random bundles, and the 100 doubloons each month since September of last year. That should be enough for me to get phases that needs to be purchased.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

You can't;  if,  our host continues the Dockyard process as they have in the recent past...  You can't if there is a 2 phase required purchase.  The WV44 is owned by many older players and there "usually" some sort of "compensation" for prior ownership.  Could they "write off two phases" if you already own the WV?   Who the heck knows.

I can see it now: there will be a special combat mission chain for WV’44 that awards at least two dockyard stages. This will of course be accompanied by the return of WV’44 to the shop at the start of the event. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I got 1,500 doubloons from the anniversary super containers. Plus another 1,500 (or 3,000, I can no longer recall) from the new year certificates. Plus the 50 doubloons from the free random bundles, and the 100 doubloons each month since September of last year. That should be enough for me to get phases that needs to be purchased.

The starter pack (2 phases) is just 3200 Doubloons.  We only have to buy 2 phases so it sounds like you have more than needed already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

That's not 'completely free' though, as it requires resources spend...that could have been spent on other things.

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I can see it now: there will be a special combat mission chain for WV’44 that awards at least two dockyard stages. This will of course be accompanied by the return of WV’44 to the shop at the start of the event. :classic_laugh:

That's not 'completely free' either, as it requires a purchase of WV'44.

I'm worried this is typical WG deceptive communication all over again.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

That's not 'completely free' either, as it requires a purchase of WV'44.

The tongue-in-cheek nature of my comment was apparently lost on you.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

That's not 'completely free' though, as it requires resources spend...that could have been spent on other things.

In fact, nothing is free since you are spending your time...that could have been spent on other things. The moment you launch the game you are already are spending your time, a resource...that could have been spent on other things.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If you want to split hairs, feel free to do so, but with the doubloons I got from the game itself which were completely free, I can purchase the last two phases. 

Having doubloons does not necessarily mean money was spent because the game has repeatedly and consistently handed out free doubloons.

If you want to cite other 'resources' to prop up your own definition of 'completely free', then feel free to do so. Your definition is yours. As I mentioned in my previous comment, the moment you launch the game, you are already spending time, that, to use your own words, "could have been spent on other things." 

😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The tongue-in-cheek nature of my comment was apparently lost on you.

Ah, good to know.

13 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

In fact, nothing is free since you are spending your time...that could have been spent on other things. The moment you launch the game you are already are spending your time, a resource...that could have been spent on other things.

5 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

If you want to split hairs, feel free to do so, but with the doubloons I got from the game itself which were completely free, I can purchase the last two phases. 

Having doubloons does not necessarily mean money was spent because the game has repeatedly and consistently handed out free doubloons.

If you want to cite other 'resources' to prop up your own definition of 'completely free', then feel free to do so. Your definition is yours. As I mentioned in my previous comment, the moment you launch the game, you are already spending time, that, to use your own words, "could have been spent on other things." 

😂

I was more or less expecting that WGs definition of 'completely free' would be that the item would be available to earn purely through grinding in game.

I was surprised to see that it might mean something different.

That's the concerning part to me...WG not being internally consistent as a means to bait certain in game choices.

Hence the deception comment.

I'm perfectly aware that even a grind I consider not to be free...but I'm also aware WG vehemently disagrees with that notion.

• Like 1