Wisconsin for the next upcoming dockyard! West Virginia'44 as Mid-Dockyard Reward.

Charon

4 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Correction to the D7P Dockyard- while a specific ship was not offered as a midpoint reward, there was a T5 ship crate in the progression (forget which stage it was at). I remember it because mine barfed out a Krispy Kreme, which at the time was the only T5 premium I didn't have yet.

Ok. 

5 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Those missions were pure hell, and they were extremely time-gated, meaning you had like 3 days max to finish a stage and still earn Puerto Rico.

They were hell - if you were going for Puerto Rico for free.  You could buy out those Phases, IIRC, and get the ship. 

The issue was that PR was touted as gettable by just playing.  Some 200 players got her that way, about as many as died in the attempt.   -> j/k <-

[insert dumpster fire meme]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Correction to the D7P Dockyard- while a specific ship was not offered as a midpoint reward, there was a T5 ship crate in the progression (forget which stage it was at). 

Back in good old days, T5 ship crates gave 4k doubloons so I made a profit of 50 dubs along with D7P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

They were hell - if you were going for Puerto Rico for free.  You could buy out those Phases, IIRC, and get the ship. 

Yeah I bought boosters for it (that is what they called starter packs back them I believe) and spent $65+/- in total as I recall. By doing that I only had to grind part way into stage 4 (may have been 5) and was able to by pass the really egregious stuff late in that dockyard (was bad enough to the level I played to).

I only played Co-op back then so grinding as far as I did was a miracle in and of itself never mind trying to fully grind it out.  I have completed, fully, every other event WG has ever had that allowed Co-op as a qualifying mode besides that one.

• Like 4

I'm going to have to state the main issue: The gun caliber, no mater how many gimmicks you add, is just insufficient for T10 and vs superships.

You can pop the reload booster and dump two broadsides into a Hannover and it's not going to care. 

I know people are happy to see a historical ship, but I don't think it's going to do well at all in the current meta.

Iowa / missouri have terrible turret traverse as well, and

I would temper my enthusiasm for what will surely be a port queen.

Edited by Subtle_Octavian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

The issue was that PR was touted as gettable by just playing.

It was more than that. It was, as many have said, a clear and undeniable illustration of WG's deceptive practices. And WG were shooting themselves on the foot back then with their hilarious attempts at putting out the dumpster fire.

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok. 

There's also Lüshun dockyard (with no midpoint reward) between Daisen and Michelangelo missing.

For four years (2020~2023) the pattern has been three Dockyard events a year: spring, around anniversary and winter, though it's not sure if WG will continue to stick on this schedule given their current troubles. This will make Wisconsin the 13th Dockyard event in the revised form like Odin and the 14th one overall.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

There's also Lüshun dockyard (with no midpoint reward) between Daisen and Michelangelo missing.

For four years (2020~2023) the pattern has been three Dockyard events a year: spring, around anniversary and winter, though it's not sure if WG will continue to stick on this schedule given their current troubles. This will make Wisconsin the 13th Dockyard event in the revised form like Odin and the 14th one overall.

Yup. Forgot that one. I don't play it at all so wasn't thinking about it + it isn't in the wiki page info on what came with them so I missed it. Will edit my other post. Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

I'm going to have to state the main issue: The gun caliber, no mater how many gimmicks you add, is just insufficient for T10 and vs superships.

You can pop the reload booster and dump two broadsides into a Hannover and it's not going to care. 

I know people are happy to see a historical ship, but I don't think it's going to do well at all in the current meta.

Iowa / missouri have terrible turret traverse as well, and

I would temper my enthusiasm for what will surely be a port queen.

I have no issues with the 406MM guns at high tiers. You lack some overmatch vs 18"+ guns but US 406MM guns slap hard and you can just shoot for superstructure and guns when the target is angled or bow/stern to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i don't see the need to stress about whether it will be hard or not until we see the actual missions. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

i don't see the need to stress about whether it will be hard or not until we see the actual missions. 

I am betting it will be reasonably easy in order to retain the new players who came with the current "famous" streamer promotions.

Give them a fast path to T10 while getting them to spend money for the first time.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 3:45 PM, _KlRlTO_ said:

I think a lot of people are forgetting just how awful the original Puerto Rico event was.

I definitely hear what you are saying but honestly how could we ever forget the PR event when people bring it up with ever single event you have to grind for something. It must be the most referenced event ever.

Edited by clammboy
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

I am betting it will be reasonably easy in order to retain the new players who came with the current "famous" streamer promotions.

Give them a fast path to T10 while getting them to spend money for the first time.

That's not so far-fetched.  Otoh, there are some who would sell their baby brothers to scrounge the loot to buy out the phases they can't accomplish.  Could go either way, but I'm betting on easier.

4 hours ago, clammboy said:

I definitely hear what you are saying but honestly how could we ever forget the PR event when people bring it up with ever single event you have to grind for something. It must be the most referenced event ever.

People aren't forgetting that it was bad. What they are forgetting is the magnitude, and sometimes the details.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

People aren't forgetting that it was bad. What they are forgetting is the magnitude, and sometimes the details.

Exactly. People talk about how bad the OG PR dockyard was but I think they forget just how truly brutal it was and how totally nuts many of the mission tasks were.

why does the headline for this forum say  West Virginia'44 as Mid-Dockyard Reward.

im pretty sure boggsy said last week on the official stream that West Virginia 44 was rewarded at stage 20 

not 15 .

as for missions  im pretty sure we will see the usuall grind to get 3 million credits with the reward being 75,000 credits  

im not a big fan of the dockyards any more  . last ship i got was the schroder during the 2022 christmas dockyard . since then i view them as a to long drawn out event that i get bored with after  2wks and i dont even try to complete any more . 

1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

why does the headline for this forum say  West Virginia'44 as Mid-Dockyard Reward.

im pretty sure boggsy said last week on the official stream that West Virginia 44 was rewarded at stage 20 

I mean is this really a big deal? Yes, WV 44 is given at stage 20 of 30. So 2/3 of the way through vs the exact mid point (stage 15). It's a free ship given for progressing part way through the dockyard. Stage 15 or stage 20 isn't a big deal. The mid-way comment I think is just a general one.

39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I mean is this really a big deal? Yes, WV 44 is given at stage 20 of 30. So 2/3 of the way through vs the exact mid point (stage 15).

It’s not. When used as an adjective prefix, mid- can simply mean “in the midst of,” or not at or near either end of something.

Edited by Nevermore135

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

It’s not. When used as an adjective prefix, mid- can simply mean “in the midst of,” or not at or near either end of something.

Yeah I kind of thought of it to mean "part way" in this context.

14 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah I kind of thought of it to mean "part way" in this context.

The free ships have been obtained around the 60% to 2/3rds mark for the last several dockyards now.

• Like 1

Everybody worrying about a dockyard that most won't complete.

Guys, get off the hamster wheel.

Enjoy the game.

Laugh at WG staff.

Have a good time.

Spend your money on better stuff.

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Everybody worrying about a dockyard that most won't complete.

Guys, get off the hamster wheel.

Enjoy the game.

Laugh at WG staff.

Have a good time.

Spend your money on better stuff.

I will complete it and am not worried (other than them going nuts and making it stupid hard which is a legit concern with their history)

Unless this is OG Puerto Rico levels of hard it shouldn't be bad at just 30 stages over 2 months.

I do (when no Subs 🙂 )

Nah I pity some who are actually 1/2 way decent people that work for a bad company and just ignore the rest

I do (when no Subs 🙂 )

A T10 Special Premium/Ship I actually want for 3200 Doubloons ($12.80 USD) and just playing the game like I normally would seems like a decent expenditure

Edited by AdmiralThunder

21 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I will complete it and am not worried (other than them going nuts and making it stupid hard which is a legit concern with their history)

Unless this is OG Puerto Rico levels of hard it shouldn't be bad at just 30 stages over 2 months.

I do (when no Subs 🙂 )

Nah I pity some who are actually 1/2 way decent people that work for a bad company and just ignore the rest

I do (when no Subs 🙂 )

A T10 Special Premium/Ship I actually want for 3200 Doubloons ($12.80 USD) and just playing the game like I normally would seems like a decent expenditure

Well yes, you aren't actually worried.

I was more talking to the guys outraged over just the format of the event and the cost.

If it's too expensive in time, resources, or money...just don't buy it or grind it.

The game has plenty of content to enjoy.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:35 AM, Subtle_Octavian said:

Knowing how WG do business I'm putting bet on "it will be as hard as before if not worse in order to earn more money from people that attracted by her". 

Of course I'm hoping it would be an easier one, any people with sense would prefer less grinding, but I don't think WG will ease it for us.

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Well yes, you aren't actually worried.

I was more talking to the guys outraged over just the format of the event and the cost.

If it's too expensive in time, resources, or money...just don't buy it or grind it.

The game has plenty of content to enjoy.

I'm not sure why anyone would be upset over the format or the cost.

Format: It's a dockyard. We all know what they are and barring some stupidly insane set of missions like the OG Puerto Rico one it won't be that bad only being 30 stages needed (28 grinding). We have 2 months to do it so I don't see an issue (again unless it is OG Puerto Rico levels of "what are you smoking WG?"). I need to see what the actual weekly mission tasks will be before I freak out over it. I am skeptical and wary based on WG's past but I am not lighting the torch and grabbing the pitchfork yet.

Cost: This is even less of an issue. This to date will be the cheapest dockyard ship we have seen. We only have to buy 2 of the 30 stages to get the ship, instead of the usual 4-5 stages (may have been a couple 3 stage but most are 4-5 as I recall), and they can be covered by the 2 stage starter pack for just 3200 Doubloons ($12.80 USD). It's a T10 Special Premium/Ship for $13 bucks and some play time. Very reasonable by WG's standards AND it's a ship WG could have tried to cash in on for historical reasons and instead we get a reasonable event for it (that we know of at this time anyway). 

I do agree if someone finds the terms unacceptable just ignore it. By the same token I struggle to find reason, based on dockyard history, to find issue with either format or cost at this time.

Note - I am just discussing and not attacking you, aggressively debating you, etc... or anything. Not sure it is coming across right so trying to clarify so no confusion as to my intent. 

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3