Satisfaction

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction

A huge shoutout to I_Cant_Swim and many thanks to him and all who have worked to make the new Forum possible.  It looks great, fantastic job guys!

It's great to be back, and I'm happy to see we already have old friends returning.  It's a wonderful feeling to know we can pick up where we left off.

As I've advised Swim, I will contribute as best I can.  I hope the population grows and we can thumb our collective noses at WG for shutting their Forum down.

It's great to know we have dedicated people like Swim and Ariskandir to make it possible.

Thank you again and see you on the water.

salute1.jpg

1 minute ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

A huge shoutout to I_Cant_Swim and many thanks to him and all who have worked to make the new Forum possible.  It looks great, fantastic job guys!

It's great to be back, and I'm happy to see we already have old friends returning.  It's a wonderful feeling to know we can pick up where we left off.

As I've advised Swim, I will contribute as best I can.  I hope the population grows and we can thumb our collective noses at WG for shutting their Forum down.

It's great to know we have dedicated people like Swim and Ariskandir to make it possible.

salute1.jpg

Great to see you too Satisfaction!

usagi-tsukino.gif.bedd0131fa0126036860a4135c9c3e63.gif

I am surprised at how much damage the loss of the forums did to my enjoyment of the game.  To unapologetically use a naval metaphor:  It really knocked the wind out of my sails.  I am delighted to make a new home here and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of content creation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I am surprised at how much damage the loss of the forums did to my enjoyment of the game.  To unapologetically use a naval metaphor:  It really knocked the wind out of my sails.  I am delighted to make a new home here and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of content creation.

Wargaming really does not get the memo when it comes to positive player interaction and overall fun factor. EVERYTHING ( and I mean EVERYTHING, even balance) is just numbers to them. And therein lies the problem, because numbers alone doesn't give you the WHOLE picture. (As I've proven countless times by now ;P)

2 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Wargaming really does not get the memo when it comes to positive player interaction and overall fun factor. EVERYTHING ( and I mean EVERYTHING, even balance) is just numbers to them. And therein lies the problem, because numbers alone doesn't give you the WHOLE picture. (As I've proven countless times by now ;P)

I'm just happy to the see the big names of the forums alive and well. Reddit is nice for random quick posts (only cuz I find forum pages so clunky) but I never even touched their discord. I don't trust it. You guys give me hope that I can keep playing this game I've loved for so long 

10 minutes ago, Toodleypops said:

I'm just happy to the see the big names of the forums alive and well. Reddit is nice for random quick posts (only cuz I find forum pages so clunky) but I never even touched their discord. I don't trust it. You guys give me hope that I can keep playing this game I've loved for so long 

Discord is just garbage tier for holding serious discussions due to the Twitch chat-style scrolling sea of comments that WILL drown out what people are saying. Even with timer delayed responses, it's not enough. And actually, the timer-delayed responses are annoying as well. It's just NOT a forum, and the WoWs community deserves a forum. Wargaming doesn't understand this because they literally look at the numbers and are like "BuT ThErE's MoRe PlAyErS UsInG DiScOrD So It'S MoRe PoPuLaR" without even remotely considering how the forums and Discord fulfill two VERY different functions.

Edited by Sailor_Moon
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Discord is just garbage tier for holding serious discussions due to the Twitch chat-style scrolling sea of comments that WILL drown out what people are saying. Even with timer delayed responses, it's not enough. And actually, the timer-delayed responses are annoying as well. It's just NOT a forum, and the WoWs community deserves a forum. Wargaming doesn't understand this because they literally look at the numbers and are like "BuT ThErE's MoRe PlAyErS UsInG DiScOrD So It'S MoRe PoPuLaR" without even remotely considering how the forums and Discord fulfill two VERY different functions.

I so wanted to like this post! But no joy for me! 

image.thumb.png.2e12636b4120a5e43f4a35521d6b2813.png

For now I do like that you can tell who is hitting the reaction icons.
image.png.00b4b0380a45aa6e30d907e1ccf3f14b.png

1 hour ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

salute1.jpg

Welcome aboard, Capt_of_Satisfaction!

1 hour ago, yss_turtleship said:

image.thumb.png.2e12636b4120a5e43f4a35521d6b2813.png

For now I do like that you can tell who is hitting the reaction icons.
image.png.00b4b0380a45aa6e30d907e1ccf3f14b.png

No worries, thank you for liking my post regardless ❤️

2 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

I got you, fam.  I'll like it for you!

What the bean counters or keyboard jockeys failed to realize at Wargaming, outside of the general discussion on the old forum, is the fact that the forums were an invaluable resource of information - for new or veteran players.  I cannot begin to say how many times it helped me and the number of times I posted a link to the forums in our Clan Discord regarding a particular topic.  From ship reviews (thanks LWM), to just general tactics.  Try doing that in WoWs Discord - good luck.  As the saying goes, "If you want something done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself."  I have to wonder how a company can be so tone-deaf to its gaming customer base.  And, I really feel sorry for new-to-the-game players who actually seek information - at least the forums offered that ability and provided decent feedback.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Wonderful to see you here Mouse!  

Turtle and Moon... you guys :classic_blush:

1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Thanks for covering for me Little White Mouse! Your reviews were the first ones that I came upon when I first started to play WoWs a little bit over a year ago. It brings me great joy to know you got my back!

54 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

What the bean counters or keyboard jockeys failed to realize at Wargaming, outside of the general discussion on the old forum, is the fact that the forums were an invaluable resource of information - for new or veteran players.  I cannot begin to say how many times it helped me and the number of times I posted a link to the forums in our Clan Discord regarding a particular topic.  From ship reviews (thanks LWM), to just general tactics.  Try doing that in WoWs Discord - good luck.  As the saying goes, "If you want something done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself."  I have to wonder how a company can be so tone-deaf to its gaming customer base.  And, I really feel sorry for new-to-the-game players who actually seek information - at least the forums offered that ability and provided decent feedback.

The loss of all the information and the conversations that are in that body of work, formerly known as the Official WoWs Forums, to the point that future generations of WoWs players had no one to turn to,  when they wanted to learn, was what drove me crazy. Yeah, they can turn to YT and Twitch or even Reddit but to do away with forums is akin to throwing out books since we have videos. 

50 minutes ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

Wonderful to see you here Mouse!  

Turtle and Moon... you guys :classic_blush:

It's great to see you here and hope that some more of the other forum refugees make it here. It would be great to see Estimated_Prophet,Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai,Pugilistic,Femennenly and many others on here!

Gosh it has even brought me back to the forums. I need to port over my pictures and historical posts from the WoWs forums for people to enjoy. Doomlock reporting back on the seas.

6 hours ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

salute1.jpg

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.8fc2cefc55810fe6bad0a9a8e3afcef2.jpgDrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.007f6ce15852a9a2830663ecef6a7ad5.jpg

6 hours ago, Toodleypops said:

👍

48 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Gosh it has even brought me back to the forums. I need to port over my pictures and historical posts from the WoWs forums for people to enjoy. Doomlock reporting back on the seas.

GettingSunkisjustthebeginning_meme_saved05-15-2021_image_2021-05-15_145631.png.5694985abde469d6a5fab717f46dac7a.thumb.png.f3998fec4f66e228330818245c3db22d.png

I am so glad that someone decided to regather the community as best we can.

Thanks so much to I_CANT_SWIM for doing so.

Hopefully, we can start steering newer players here to help them learn the game.