"History Revived" bundle chains in the Armory

Ensign Cthulhu

image.thumb.png.4374ecd81daa04f9b46b73941bd7028a.png

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/armory-127-random-bundles-with-premium-ships/ 

The long and the short: 1250 doubloons a shot, 66 bundles to get, total cost of buy-out 70,092 doubloons.

Ships guaranteed in the stack if you buy them all: Alabama, Belfast 43, Prinz Eugen, Maya, Leningrad, Huron.

Note that Huron is NOT currently for sale in the Armory. However, assigning a doubloon value to Huron equal to that of Leningrad gives a total equivalent permanent-content value (not counting expendables, crates, etc.) of 55,000 doubloons.

In short: counting out the Huron, it's cheaper to buy all the other ships outright than to pay your way to the bottom of this. So whaling is not advised unless you, personally, attach the appropriate doubloon value to all the non-ship bundles.

BUT... if you strike any premium ship at the top of the list and you have the dubs for it, you get it dirt cheap (1250 dubs).

All are encouraged to report what's on the top of their particular list.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yep.  Being lucky (enough to have a ship as one's first item in the bundle chain) never hurts.

Otherwise, I'm merely glad to already have the Huron, the Maya the Prinz Eugen and the Belfast '43 in my Port.

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

All are encouraged to report what's on the top of their particular list.

Random dross (not ships) across all three accounts, 2 x EU, 1 x NA. Of merely academic interest though, as I have the premium ships already.

• Like 1

The whole event is pointless for whales. No drops of interest if you have all the ships.

Got some worthless camos and small boxes as my first bundle.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yep.  Being lucky (enough to have a ship as one's first item in the bundle chain) never hurts.

Something WG has never blessed me with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Efros said:

Something WG has never blessed me with.

Heh. I've never even got the Tier 9 tech tree ship first-up in any of the release-event bundles!

This particular offer is a no-sell for me because I've already got all the ships except for the Alabama, and already got enough premium American battleships that adding that one doesn't seem worthwhile. 

Leningrad was the first item for me.  I had it, bought it and got credit in doubs.  So, 1250 free doubs for hitting a button.

I got lucky for once with these "deals", but I'll continue to get det flags from my not-so-super containers going forward as a result.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CM1903 said:

Leningrad was the first item for me.  I had it, bought it and got credit in doubs.  So, 1250 free doubs for hitting a button.

I got lucky for once with these "deals", but I'll continue to get det flags from my not-so-super containers going forward as a result.

I've got ONE premium ship from a supercontainer in six years of play, just to put your luck in perspective.

At the top of my list is hanging on to my doubloons.

Which shouldn’t be very hard; I have four of the ships, anyway: Huron, Leningrad, Prinz Eugen, and Alabama.

No ship in my first bundle. Which means, just like every other chain like this, there won't be a second bundle. If the main item(s) aren't in the first draw, my resources stay with me.,

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

Noticed the Air Supply crate contains Enterprise. Here I thought it was removed.

It's been removed from regular sale. Those (rare) Air Supply crates are the only way to get it, outside a rare ship drop from SCs or Santa Crates.

And the crates have only been available a handful of times since Enterprise was removed, so the only "reliable" way is through Santa Whaling (tm).

The Cleavng the Air bundle as #1 for me (pass).  I have gotten lucky once with these Random bundles.  Picked up the Star Kitakaze for a handful of doubloons a while back as a #1 drop.

32 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It's been removed from regular sale. Those (rare) Air Supply crates are the only way to get it, outside a rare ship drop from SCs or Santa Crates.

And the crates have only been available a handful of times since Enterprise was removed, so the only "reliable" way is through Santa Whaling (tm).

The crates that were released alongside the CV rework (I believe they were also called “Air Supply”) had a ridiculously high chance of dropping one of the four original premium CVs (Kaga, Enterprise, Saipan, and GZ). They have been indeed been available only a few times since (I’d say three or four times) in limited quantities as part of certain events, such as the first Summer (not)Sale a few years back that saw the introduction of Summer Tokens. I remember seeing changes to those containers being advertised in a recent set of patch notes, though - those crazy drop rates no longer exist and the containers were brought in line with other “standard” event containers of this type.

Edited by Nevermore135

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Heh. I've never even got the Tier 9 tech tree ship first-up in any of the release-event bundles!

This particular offer is a no-sell for me because I've already got all the ships except for the Alabama, and already got enough premium American battleships that adding that one doesn't seem worthwhile. 

The 2500 dubs compensation is a cheapskate move as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Efros said:

The 2500 dubs compensation is a cheapskate move as well.

Compensation across the board has become cheap, mostly turned to worthless silver. WG is actively telling people who already have content not to bother.

A scummy move to drive off old customers.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Compensation across the board has become cheap, mostly turned to worthless silver. WG is actively telling people who already have content not to bother.

A scummy move to drive off old customers.

A move to prevent disproportionate farming of doubloons by people who already have the ships.

• Haha 1

First of the bundle: At full speed, 10x Golden age of industry containers (may contain royal navy premiums) and 11x camos that nobody cares about.

I can now gamble within my gambling? Gamblinception?

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

A move to prevent disproportionate farming of doubloons by people who already have the ships.

Yeah, because giving a winner of a giveaway dubs if he has the ship can be called farming.

Lack of logic or sense.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yeah, because giving a winner of a giveaway dubs if he has the ship can be called farming.

Lack of logic or sense.

It appears that's how WG sees it though...

My first bundle had some captain XP (one or two battles worth), three tokens that I don't care about.

So, nothing of real value.

It's getting amusing how many WG events I just flat out ignore these days.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It appears that's how WG sees it though...

No one ever claimed they were intelligent.

Just now, Aragathor said:

No one ever claimed they were intelligent.

Oh, I have.

They are smarter than most assume.

You don't make as much money as they have made without being intelligent.