Generous WarGaming?

Daniel_Allan_Clark

10 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Uhhhhhh…..(looks back at the long list of massive debacles, tone deaf responses, and incidents of community backlash that could’ve easily been avoided)

I was reading the EULA, last night.
And one of the paragraphs seemed to be very relevant to one of the past incidents your words encompass.

Current EULA (soon to be updated, in April of 2024)
https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/eula

11. Feedback and User Submissions

11.1 We are always pleased to hear from our users and welcome specific comments about our Resources. Unfortunately, however, our long-standing company policy does not allow us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials other than those we have specifically requested. The aim of this policy is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects that we develop might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we must, regretfully, ask that you do not send us any original creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information such as game ideas or original artwork (“Submissions“).

11.2 Any and all Submissions that you send to us, whether at our specific request or notwithstanding our request that you do not do so, shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property from the time of uploading or transmission.

11.3 Accordingly, you hereby assign to Wargaming (including as a present assignment of future rights) all intellectual property rights in Submissions that you send to us to the extent owned by you. If for any reason this assignment is not effective, then you agree that Wargaming shall have a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free license to host, store, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, combine with other materials, publish, distribute, create derivative works from, promote, exhibit, broadcast, syndicate, sublicense (including, without limitation, to third party media channels, platforms, and distributors), publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, or grant third parties the right to do any of the foregoing, all or any portion of your Submissions, for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. You further irrevocably grant us the right, but not the obligation, to use your name in connection with your Submissions. You also agree to waive any right of approval for our use of the rights granted herein and agree to waive any moral rights that you may have in any Submissions, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you also waive any moral rights or rights of a like nature that you may have in such Submissions.

11.4 You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this section. Our receipt of your Submissions is not an admission of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair our right to existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Submissions. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to grant us the rights granted in this section.

Compared with ...
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (FROM APRIL 10, 2024)
https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/eula-new

7. Feedback and User Submissions [Back to top]

7.1. We are always pleased to hear from our users and welcome specific comments about our Products. Unfortunately, however, our long-standing company policy does not allow us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials other than those we have specifically requested. The aim of this policy is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects that we develop might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we must, regretfully, ask that you do not send us any original creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information such as game ideas or original artwork (“Submissions“).

7.2. Any and all Submissions that you send to us, whether at our specific request or notwithstanding our request that you do not do so, shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law from the time of uploading or transmission.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Verblonde said:

WG are not idiots

You speak for yourself! I reserve the right to idiocy... on occasion!

:classic_blink:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about how these events are going lately.

<thunder rumbles> Oh, now you've done it...

We're *definitely* getting more submarines now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Verblonde said:

<thunder rumbles> Oh, now you've done it...

We're *definitely* getting more submarines now.

WG hasn't listened to me since...

...they released a fighter focused USN CV line...

Oh.

Oh no!

😄

• Haha 1

I'm wondering if WG has realized the less than stellar post event rewards are a downer on participation, they've given away 15 progress points in the last few days and IIRC correctly there was a further 5 in the preceding week.

2 hours ago, Efros said:

I'm wondering if WG has realized the less than stellar post event rewards are a downer on participation, they've given away 15 progress points in the last few days and IIRC correctly there was a further 5 in the preceding week.

I posited earlier in this thread that the shift from the Battle Pass format to the more front-loaded Event Pass format represents a deliberate change in WG’s monetization/marketing strategy, from one more focused on greater engagement from a smaller number of dedicated players to one more tailored for a larger number of more casual players. The post-progress rewards and the grind needed to progress past level 20 this patch would also be in line with that. WG also seems to have been more willing to make balancing passes on older premium ships lately, which could be aimed at making powercrept and/or obsolescent older ships more attractive purchase options for newer players (as many long-time players already own said ships whether they were bought, dropped from crates, etc.). Add in the “Createrverse” marketing campaign designed to attract new players from large existing audiences, and there definitely seems to be a method to the madness.

I suspect WG is trying to find that sweet balance point before they simply upset everything in their next big rework in about a year (which is how long the BP lasted)…

Edited by Nevermore135

On 3/4/2024 at 8:31 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

This patch cycle and battlepass have been strangely generous for WarGaming standards of late.

I may actually get to earning enough Java Sea tokens to get the Perth...despite my obvious issues with real life preventing a lot of gameplay.

The Battle Pass reward, though loot crates (ugh....); were actually crates delivering good value. Again, this on a battle pass that was eminently achievable.

The last two patches have been pretty rewarding, suspiciously so for someone with my history with the game.

Are we seeing a change in WG practice with respect to providing good incentives?

The first BP was better than any of the ones that have followed. 

• Like 1

War Gaming generous? Or generous War Gaming? ROFL 🤣