Forum go'ers, post your story!

desmo_2

9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

It's a wonder that I became a science educator myself as my high school mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology teachers all were football coaches who couldn't have cared less about teaching science but were only doing it because the school wouldn't let them coach without also teaching something.

I was very fortunate with most of my High School science teachers, teaching was a second career for most of them and they had been practicing scientists before they took up teaching. Sports team coaching is not generally part of a non PE teachers job in the UK, and HS sports generally don't have anywhere near the influence or importance that they have in the US. Pretty much if you didn't play for the team you couldn't give a toss as to how well the team was doing. When I see the price of a complete football uniform and I realize that it's more than most teachers annual budget I get  more than a little irritated.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I took a trip up to Maine once. It's a pretty state. I did some canoeing there and quite enjoyed it but the mosquitoes were terrible.

In your travels, have you come across any nice mosquitoes yet?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

In your travels, have you come across any nice mosquitoes yet?

Wells, some Aedes are kinda shy and sneaky, and are note active at night; they go for unprotected thin skinned parts and it is easier to fend them off. I'm note sure to call them nice as they are vectors for dengue and yellow deber but I prefer them to other types that can bite You through clothing and are active at night

• Like 2