The Music Thread 2.0

Mordt

59 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

I'm no audiophile, but I'm curious—how do you guys listen to your music?

I listen to my music with a 30-year-old set of Dell computer speakers. What can I say? At least they still make noise. They've outlasted four pairs of Sony and Sennheiser headphones.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I listen to my music with a 30-year-old set of Dell computer speakers. What can I say? At least they still make noise. They've outlasted four pairs of Sony and Sennheiser headphones.  

It's amazing how the most cost-effective equipment works the best in many cases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

I'm no audiophile, but I'm curious—how do you guys listen to your music? Do you go for stereo, surround sound, speakers, closed-back, on-ear, or open-back headsets?

What? I turn the knob to 11 and let it go.

(Microlab loudspeakers, radio/subwoofer and two satellites; it's got RCA connectors so it's Hi-Fi.)

• Like 2

On 6/9/2024 at 4:24 AM, yss_turtleship said:

I'm no audiophile, but I'm curious—how do you guys listen to your music? Do you go for stereo, surround sound, speakers, closed-back, on-ear, or open-back headsets?

Whatever is at hand... 

Many times it's straight out of my cell phone, if possible I connect to whatever amplified device is at hand... Car stereo if I'm driving, a Bluetooth speaker if I'm Home; lately I've been plugging to My daughter's Fender Rumble Bass Amp for maximum Bass line Boost!. At the Office it's just the Laptop speakers. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Found this band. It’s weird, I have this sense of deja vu, like I feel like I’ve heard the singer before. 

I want to say he sounds like someone from the Highwaymen, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mordt said:

Found this band. It’s weird, I have this sense of deja vu, like I feel like I’ve heard the singer before. 

Perhaps Civil War | Despotz Records

In early 2012 the four members Daniel Myhr, Daniel Mullback, Oskar Montelius and Rikard Sundén decided to leave the band Sabaton.

But the will to play music never left them, so they decided to start a new band.

• Like 3

Saving Private Ryan-Omaha Beach by John Williams.

• Like 1

Band of Brothers /Requiem for a Soldier.

HIT THE ROAD JACK-- BIZIMKILER JHR CHANNEL & CHERRY FILMS.

Well it is certainly different.

Edited by Chysagon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

'Hole in the Ground' by Bernard Cribbins.

WKRP in Cincinnati - Steve Carlisle.

Edited by Chysagon
correction
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Here's some relatively new stuff. I think they call it hip-hop, you guys legit like hip-hop, don't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0M2ZH_5wCk

Damn you Karasu, you just tricked me into K-Pop... shame on you 😆

This is legit hip-hop...

• Haha 2

Here's something, Rorke's Drift by Sabaton, also a reminder for the 'Wimmomers' and a gentle spoiler warning if you haven't yet watched the movie. The cinematography is just nothing short of outstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVW5rjA5O7U

• Like 2

It was used as the theme for the movie If.... released around about the same time as Zulu.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Love this clip of the beastie boys these guys were talented musicans as well as rappers. Here they are playing there own instraments on the song sabotage on the David Letterman show.

Edited by clammboy