The Music Thread 2.0

Mordt

@Snargfargle Great song, Baker Street. There are YouTubers who do "first reactions" to songs. I love how the first time they hear this song, they are blown away. It says a lot about the overall quality of music several decades ago.

When you see the shoulders and the head bobbing, you know someone is into the music.

• Like 4

There are always talented artists, but the good stuff is drowned out by a flood of mediocrity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

There are always talented artists, but the good stuff is drowned out by a flood of mediocrity.

There's always a drop of good talent out there... As you pointed out, that drop is evaporated by the 6,000° heat of commercial music trash.

• Like 1

John Martyn - May You Never on the OGWT, Old Grey Whistle Test hosted by Whispering Bob Harris, who is still on BBC radio. A groundbreaking music show in the UK, gave acts their first opportunity to perform to a national audience live.

• Like 2

There is an interesting story behind Baker Street.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This remains among the best "Flash-Mob" videos and still brings me to joyful tears.  👍

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

This remains among the best "Flash-Mob" videos and still brings me to joyful tears.  👍

I still send it to friends every Christmas it's beautiful. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2024 at 9:44 AM, Latouche_Treville said:

The real problem and more difficult to accept reality is the taste of the average public is also mediocre. They get what they crave and pay for: mediocre, banal, comforting sound garbage. 

Yes, but this is not something new.

12 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

The real problem and more difficult to accept reality is the taste of the average public is also mediocre. They get what they crave and pay for: mediocre, banal, comforting sound garbage. 

2 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Yes, but this is not something new.

Wait what you two didn't like Mr. Taxi? There's a nice couple of Philistines for you.

• Haha 1

I put this in another thread but I thought it would be good here too. 

A safety dance remix using some of the original Wows video from a few years back.

• Like 5

So, since I got back some spare time from not playing WoWS, I started going back to the gym and took up on learning bass... I came along this version of So Young, I was running this through the bass amp and the tone of that bass really got me... if you can, boost the bass line... it's so good

• Like 4

On 5/14/2024 at 12:50 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Wait what you two didn't like Mr. Taxi? There's a nice couple of Philistines for you.

What? B..but....

• Haha 1

I've been wanting this camo for so long but kept on holding off buying it in case some mission comes up needing Community Tokens. One of my mates in the clan brought his out when we went to battle and I decided not to put it off any longer. 

image.png?ex=664bb349&is=664a61c9&hm=8c0f67ec37065afb0d7cb3e5095428b33a66a1465fb1176aae928f2e19401e41&image.png?ex=664bb338&is=664a61b8&hm=c29a2b695f2c861e0b78867af754dbd3ef941fe480b605024e11a4598c6fa4a4&image.png?ex=664bb3e8&is=664a6268&hm=62b8f4a4122fa7fcaef4ae53ba19cf46a517e69c03708989f4015a1361ff8ee0&

I'm going into battle with this camo on and this song playing in the background.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the 12 minute mark and watch him play an acoustic version of Led Zeppelin Kashmir really good plays the drum part to.

• Like 2

One with an iconic moment:

Halfway into the song Kurt's guitar stops working, for several seconds he's there fighting with the thing but it makes no sound, remember this is a televised Live gig... finally Kurt drops the guitar in frustration and produces one of the most iconic rage/frustration yells on the history of Rock, and as far as I rememeber  the only time I've seen Kurt on stage without guitar. Accidental masterpiece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

One with an iconic moment:

Halfway into the song Kurt's guitar stops working, for several seconds he's there fighting with the thing but it makes no sound, remember this is a televised Live gig... finally Kurt drops the guitar in frustration and produces one of the most iconic rage/frustration yells on the history of Rock, and as far as I rememeber  the only time I've seen Kurt on stage without guitar. Accidental masterpiece.

Love this band saw them when I was living in Hawaii at a place called pings garage I think it was called. It was on the big island basically a bar. They were great I couldn’t believe how much sound came out of only 3 guys. This was before smells like teen spirit even came out. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

In honor of the 80th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings:

p.s. I hate youtube now. 😑

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 2

I'm no audiophile, but I'm curious—how do you guys listen to your music? Do you go for stereo, surround sound, speakers, closed-back, on-ear, or open-back headsets?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yss_turtleship said:

I'm no audiophile, but I'm curious—how do you guys listen to your music? Do you go for stereo, surround sound, speakers, closed-back, on-ear, or open-back headsets?

When I was younger and lived alone, I used a stereo that I purchased while stationed in Japan.
It included a decent set of speakers and a decent equalizer panel.
It can play all the formats of the 1990's (phonograph, casette tape, 5-disc CD player) and has an input connection for auxiliary equipment.
It's also currently boxed-up and stored in the basement of our house.

Fast-forward to "nowadays" where the most sophisticated and expensive piece of audio equipment that I'll be using is probably my car's sound system.  (2016 Kia Soul, base model).
Otherwise it is the speaker of my phone, or the speakers of my laptop computer or using headphones with either of them.
My headphones aren't terrible, but they're 5+ years old and were purchased for less than $20 dollars.

• Like 2