Bad news from Jngles :(.....

Andrewbassg

4 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yep, same here.

People, please consider leaving him a comment and perhaps watching his videos and  like them, it will help him with his quest and his journey......

I left a comment on his video.
I didn't think to provide a link to this topic.  But, since you created this topic, @Andrewbassg, would you care to follow-up?

• Like 1

As my retired RN wife said, the fact that they didn't put him insulin right away means that his Diabetes is type 2.

As for his possible colon cancer, he's going back for more tests.

Whatever, I still wish him best of luck on those tests.

• Like 2

My Dad had a very treatable type of Cancer which was caught early in his 40's. It was scary but it all turned out well. I feel for Jingles, and I will be praying and wishing him the best

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

As someone who follows Paul for his fun nurtured approach to WG's games. Its heartbreaking to see what the side effect of old age does to a healthy body.

Compared to the number of childish WOWS streamers and YT posters.. Paul, always was positive and put a delightful spin to a bad situation (the fun police).

No man, of Paul's grit and wholesomeness, deserves this hard journey.

With my own health battles before me.. I can identify with the old guy.. Though we're tender hearten and tolerant, we also refuse to die..

I expect nothing less from a Royal Navy Sailor.

Get well soon ol man.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its heartbreaking to see what the side effect of old age does to a healthy body.

Jingles isn't all that old, he's only 54. My Dad had cancer surgery at his age and lived another 35 years.  Let's hope that they caught his disease early enough that it's fully treatable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Jingles isn't all that old, he's only 54.

I was shocked when I found out how young he was! I would have said at least sixties, and that was seven years ago when I started playing the game.

Then again, I had a friend who was going bald in his early twenties, so maybe Jingles went down that particular road in his youth. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Jingles isn't all that old, he's only 54. My Dad had cancer surgery at his age and lived another 35 years.  Let's hope that they caught his disease early enough that it's fully treatable.

No medical degree here.. But as an observer, diabetes will probably finish him off OR will have to amputate a limb. 

Though cancer is a one way ticket back to the holy land... Diabetes, just screws with you physically and mentally, its the ultimate persuader Ive ever seen.

Considering, what foods have sugar in them... That means no more pints for Paul...

Knowing how Brits are with their beer drinking.. Not being able to drink, is like living your life as the Pope. No man is prepared for massive life change...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I had a friend who was going bald in his early twenties

My maternal grandpa was almost completely bald in his wedding picture when he was 19. I'm adopted but my brother got grandpa's baldness genes and has been bald for decades now. Conversely, I'm getting close to 70 and my hair's just now thinning a bit on top. My beard has turned white though, sort of like an old Labrador retriever.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

But as an observer, diabetes will probably finish him off OR will have to amputate a limb. 

IF it's poorly controlled. 

As for the cancer, we'll see. In this day and age, colon cancer is not necessarily lethal. 

• Like 4

I know that colonoscopy prep.  I got to drink a gallon of the "fun juice".  Doc told me to use baby wipes, I didn't bother with that.  Gotta love those shower heads that have a snake head, makes it easy to clean up.  Folk told me you'd hate the taste but honestly I found it to be not bad.  Not something I'd want to drink every day, that's for damn sure, but it was most certainly tolerable for me.

The colonoscopy was for the same reason, to check for cancer.  Just note, I was 40 at this time.  I was in an almost constant state of anemia and that raised more than a few red flags.  In my case however I got a 100% a-okay, turned out to be something else.  Still, scary as hell though.  They still want me to get another done in a few more years though.  I am so looking forward to that.  feh

I sure as hell hope he caught it early and will recover completely though.

Edited by Volron
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

No medical degree here.. But as an observer, diabetes will probably finish him off OR will have to amputate a limb. 

Though cancer is a one way ticket back to the holy land... Diabetes, just screws with you physically and mentally, its the ultimate persuader Ive ever seen.

Considering, what foods have sugar in them... That means no more pints for Paul...

Knowing how Brits are with their beer drinking.. Not being able to drink, is like living your life as the Pope. No man is prepared for massive life change...

Neither of those are true, colon cancer has a fairly decent survival rate here in the US (although my understanding is that it's a bit lower over in the UK for some reason). Also, diabetes can be managed ... a relative of mine is in his mid 30s and he's had it since he was like 8 and he's doing fine. People can live for decades and decades with it and as long as they keep their blood sugar under control, eat reasonably healthy, etc they will do well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Neither of those are true, colon cancer has a fairly decent survival rate here in the US (although my understanding is that it's a bit lower over in the UK for some reason). Also, diabetes can be managed ... a relative of mine is in his mid 30s and he's had it since he was like 8 and he's doing fine. People can live for decades and decades with it and as long as they keep their blood sugar under control, eat reasonably healthy, etc they will do well.

In one of his earlier videos he said the NHS starts screening at 54 years old.  IIRC in the US we start at 45 years old.  That alone might account for the difference.

• Like 3

I am not an MD, just a survivor, but avoid chemo if you can!  It's a truly miserable experience, akin to Socrates drinking hemlock.  Insist on a bone scan and PET scan to search for metastases before you go there. 

Also, see if you can get a genetic evaluation.  With a family history, it's entirely possible.  And it doesn't have to be the same type of cancer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

More importantly, without confirmation, NHS wouldn't pay for it.

In America's lousy health care system, I get some lab results before I can get back to the car and cancer trace results within a day because they have to walk the sample across the street to the big lab. Yeah, biopsy may take a couple of days.  Haven't had one in a while.

Very good news, Jingles.  God Bless.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:30 AM, Andrewbassg said:

the video is a month old  but some offical WG members were told about his cancer a couple of months ago 

but we wish him all the best 

36 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

the video is a month old  but some offical WG members were told about his cancer a couple of months ago 

but we wish him all the best 

Well....look at the date of the posting so..... Btw there are a couple of videos progressively detailing whats happening. So i would suggest to watch the latest.

Posted (edited)

Here is the latest update from Jingles regarding his cancer news...

Edited by HogHammer
Added a little more context
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

After surgery updates from Jingles.....

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wonderful news, I hope he’s back in the comfort of his own home soon 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1