A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum

Utt_Bugglier

(actually to the team chat window, but that ^^^ is an old movie title that was too good to pass up.)

So, I went to post a notice to suggest Devstrike.net on the clan chat window in the game…and my notice WOULD NOT POST, and the old message would remain, (clan leader, so this was the perma-window at the top) until I removed references to “LWM”, “L-W-M”, etc. (was trying to mention ship reviews were migrating).

I did copy & pasting, typing afresh, (many times) staying within the message length limit and trying shorter messages besides, like I was paying Western Union on a per-word basis. No dice until I stopped trying to put those three letters together or semi-together.

It happened.

Not really saying anything, but only just sayin’

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Utt_Bugglier changed the title to A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum

One of the great comedies of all time.

If you've never seen it, spend a couple of quid.  You won't be disappointed.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

(actually to the team chat window, but that ^^^ is an old movie title that was too good to pass up.)

So, I went to post a notice to suggest Devstrike.net on the clan chat window in the game…and my notice WOULD NOT POST, and the old message would remain, (clan leader, so this was the perma-window at the top) until I removed references to “LWM”, “L-W-M”, etc. (was trying to mention ship reviews were migrating).

I did copy & pasting, typing afresh, (many times) staying within the message length limit and trying shorter messages besides, like I was paying Western Union on a per-word basis. No dice until I stopped trying to put those three letters together or semi-together.

It happened.

cap_fainting.gif.5e67465ec4d0e8ac8c35e19

Tho I can't say that I'm surprised.....

1 hour ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

It happened.

forum won't let me paste from a clipboard, but I just tried it.  No problem. 

"Testing LWM"

What else was in your message?

Edited by iDuckman

2 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

It happened.

I have never been able to use copy paste in the clan chat (Commander section or regular - it lets you?). I just went and tested my Commander clan chat and I can add LWM.

I had no issues myself adding LWM to the chat.Maybe they've now realized that resistance is futile.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have never been able to use copy paste in the clan chat (Commander section or regular - it lets you?). I just went and tested my Commander clan chat and I can add LWM.

It’s gotta be [CTRL]-[C] and [CTRL]-[V].

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

forum won't let me paste from a clipboard, but I just tried it.  No problem. 

"Testing LWM"

What else was in your message?

“For those of you who were forumites, try Devstrike.net. It was established by LWM and some of her old forum associates.”

After many variations of content and entry method, the following worked:

“For those of you who were forumites, try Devstrike.net. It was by some prominent members of the old forum.”

• Like 1

@Ensign Cthulhu You are correctish. Founding, design and administration of the site are on me. Establishment, though, is a mightily Team thing, in which my work is but one brick among many. The moderator team is excellent, I wish I could pay them (or lock them up in a forum basement so they don't get away), and they've been going above and beyond in everything. Our editor team is still small, we are blessed that LWM  liked what what we were doing enough to toss her hat in with us (However, the said team may soon get a notable boost....).

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
Strikethrough: my bad for party talk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

(or lock them up in a forum basement so they don't get away)

Purblind fool! If you're going to mistreat your minions, the last thing you should do is warn them! 😈

Jesus, some people just don't get this whole evil eldritch overlord thing AT ALL! 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Purblind fool! If you're going to mistreat your minions, the last thing you should do is warn them! 😈

Jesus, some people just don't get this whole evil eldritch overlord thing AT ALL! 🤣

image_2023-08-31_201240550.thumb.png.ea0db315880d4262872e72b7912b23c6.png @Ensign Cthulhu swears by Jesus while crowing about the best practices of evil overlording.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Was it?

I thought @I_cant_Swim_ and a couple of other forumites were the prime movers.

Who do you think was among “the couple of other forumites?” The early roster of forum officers listed on this forum included: LWM, Lert, and Chobittsu.

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who saw it.

The guy who made the “club for three people” remark several days ago obviously (to me) had that list in mind, remarkably few people caught his drift.

Besides, if I had tried to say “established by I_Cant_Swim,” that would have carried zero recognition on the NA server.

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I *know*, right?  Mine are slaving away, and they're happy.  It galls, but the work is being done.  Little do they realize the ultimate outcome!   <bwah ha ...  oops>  Did I say that out loud?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Did I say that out loud?

*wiki editors share concerned glances*

*distant change log army sounds continue in the background*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

who made the “club for three people” remark

Hmm........I'm Loki and I'm good with knives (and keyboard)

d0f1be7a9223a48b06b80ab075407ed3.jpg

9 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Besides, if I had tried to say “established by I_Cant_Swim,” that would have carried zero recognition on the NA server.

I just tell people there's a new, WG-free forum.

If I mention this forum in battle-chat, then I type "new forum, by players for players, www.devstrike.net  :-)"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I just tell people there's a new, WG-free forum.

I’ll bear that in mind if I ever find myself unable to express myself on the subject.

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 5:07 AM, iDuckman said:

One of the great comedies of all time.

If you've never seen it, spend a couple of quid.  You won't be disappointed.

and when you see that go and find "Up Pompeii", when comedy wasn't PC and woke !

3 minutes ago, Kratos The Unforgiving said:

and when you see that go and find "Up Pompeii", when comedy wasn't PC and woke !

"Titter ye not"

Or, if you really want "old school", when Broadway and Hollywood could and did produce "classic plays and movies".....

image.thumb.png.037987048148dddf409140dd0c08a861.png

Holy crap, talk about "masters of their trade...."   As the saying goes:  "often immitated; but, never duplicated...."   Rent or buy this classic film - it's a classic for a reason.

• Like 1