Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Can't even begin to guess, we were never taught poetry like this. Just some stuff about 'china' and such.

Ah, I checked the spoiler. I've actually read this poem but didn't get it. The poem's a bit above my level of English, too, I think.

Well, it's a famous English poem but the author is hardly speaking English for most of it, or any language other than the one that's galumphing around inside his head.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, it's a famous English poem but the author is hardly speaking English for most of it, or any language other than the one that's galumphing around inside his head.

NOW you tell me....

4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The same author wrote the book this is based on:

Lol. That's easy enough even for me to know.

• Like 1

Here's a song, but don't let Hoghammer see it first or he'll know it in under five seconds.

image.jpeg.5b86208399425b9f8704bd377df8b7fc.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Here's a song, but don't let Hoghammer see it first or he'll know it in under five seconds.

“Midnight Train to Georgia”?

He's leavin'
On that midnight train to Georgia
Said he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time

4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

“Midnight Train to Georgia”?

He's leavin'
On that midnight train to Georgia
Said he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time

Nice try, though trains are definitely involved.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, it really is not that easy.  There are lots of "train" songs, but the women in there throw me a curve.  In this case, all I can think of is "Love Train" by the O'Jays or "Last Train to Clarksville" by the Monkees.  

3 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Well, it really is not that easy.  There are lots of "train" songs, but the women in there throw me a curve.  In this case, all I can think of is "Love Train" by the O'Jays or "Last Train to Clarksville" by the Monkees.  

Hmm... did I finally succeed making mine a little more difficult? The word 'train' isn't actually in the song title. The image should have the visual clues, but you'd have to know the song, maybe?

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hmm... did I finally succeed making mine a little more difficult? The word 'train' isn't actually in the song title. The image should have the visual clues, but you'd have to know the song, maybe?

Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What I see is a woman in a wedding dress weeping because either her husband has left her to go off to war or something or is coming back in a coffin after going off to war or something.

Edited by Snargfargle

1 minute ago, HogHammer said:

Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson

Nope. A good answer, though.

😆

You are over complicating it. This isn't metaphorical, it's very straightforward.

@Snargfargle It's a uniform, but it ain't a military uniform...

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Getting warmer...

Maybe you could give us a hint as to the general time period that the song came out and the genre of music.

Here is an example:

Name the song. The singer played in a band named after an American hero and the song itself has the same name as a memorial for some other American heroes.

0aee5223-0209-49b4-ae82-2ebd7a5346bd.jpg

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Maybe you could give us a hint as to the general time period that the song came out and the genre of music.

Here is an example:

Name the song. The singer played in a band named after an American hero and the song itself has the same name as a memorial for some other American heroes.

0aee5223-0209-49b4-ae82-2ebd7a5346bd.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Something like that prods me from the fringes of my memory (I didn't have a look at the spoiler), but don't get a definite feeling that I could grab.

Here's a hint for my song riddle, I think it's 1970, and not sure about the genre, but we got a vocalist and a band, acoustic guitars in this case.

Edit

corrected the year

@Snargfargle Would never have known or even guessed your song. I suspect I've never even heard that one before. Sounds good, though.

As for my song riddle... I'm still waiting for someone shockingly out of the blue to come up with the answer.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle Would never have known or even guessed your song. I suspect I've never even heard that one before. Sounds good, though.

As for my song riddle... I'm still waiting for someone shockingly out of the blue to come up with the answer.

OK, you've given me all the hint I need now. Don't know why I didn't get it before. Mine is sort of along those lines and it came out in exactly the same year too.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle, I hope you were saying that to @HogHammer.

Unless this is a goddess on a mountain top, I don't have a clue...

Well, it's a goddess on a mountain top, burning with a silver flame, possessing crystal eyes, so...

• Haha 1

The only problem I had was with "black as the dark night," when I put that in I kept getting Hecate, not Venus.

dda39144-2cf1-403f-bdff-ef0bf25c24fb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know what the 'black as the dark night she was' means, unless it's meant to be taken figuratively. There's the two well known versions, by Shocking Blue (original) and the the Bananarama cover. I could swear I've also heard an acoustic version by a male singer.

Looks Japanese, but I'm thinking of Orinoco Flow.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't know what the 'black as the dark night she was' means

I took a graduate course in Greek and Roman mythology where the professor played Shocking Blue's "Venus" and then traced its symbolism back through the Greek Aphrodite to the even more ancient Astarte.

Astarte_-_7th_cent_AD_-_Museo_Arqueol%C3

• Like 1