Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

Sometimes, songs are so esoteric that only those from a specific culture and even age group within that culture would come close to knowing them. Other songs, especially those that are included in Hollywood movies that have been broadcast all over the world, have likely been heard by many people from many different cultures.

A song sung by Kamikaze pilots in WWII is unlikely to have been heard by many Westerners.

For instance, I could show you this image:

th?id=OIP.x4pndexpA3VoHKj7mvyOWgHaFj%26p

But would you associate it with this rather cute song? Even though it's literally the name of the song?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sometimes, songs are so esoteric that only those from a specific culture and even age group within that culture would come close to knowing them. Other songs, especially those that are included in Hollywood movies that have been broadcast all over the world, have likely been heard by many people from many different cultures.

A song sung by Kamikaze pilots in WWII is unlikely to have been heard by many Westerners.

For instance, I could show you this image:

th?id=OIP.x4pndexpA3VoHKj7mvyOWgHaFj%26p

But would you associate it with this rather cute song? Even though it's literally the name of the song?

So, there's two possibilities, either they remember the song and it's name and can form the association, or they will need extra clues to help them get there.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Using the lyrics alone as a prompt gets really... confusing. There's no consistency in what the AI gives you.

Clarification, the prompt remained the same for all the 7 Japanese based images, and the 2 English based images.

Could you guess the song by either of these two images?

Using Japanese lyrics

image.jpeg.65e14af03a7ab5008b976c4bec345a5e.jpeg

Using English lyrics

image.jpeg.088f9823b6bc6aa258415ccee96c38f6.jpeg

AI didn't block the Japanese, but it blocked the English lyrics because of 'corpse', also didn't accept 'dead body', finally agreed to give me two images with 'dead man'....

Here are the Japanese lyrics based ones:

image.png.b46de0864dd6ba5ed1ebecf7e80f5944.png

image.png.7a62df8fe9c307d63212f9bcdc45f9a6.png

And here the two English ones, one you already seen above, the other is a major spoiler because it shows the English lyrics so only look it up if you can't figure out the song from the above lyrics based images which, I'm sure, you can't. Lol.

Reveal hidden contents

I said ONLY look this up if you can't figure it out from the above images. Lol.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1993e9915c6dd48d3bb4986617147d35.png

@Snargfargle Do any of these images make any sense to you?

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle Do any of these images make any sense to you?

I had never heard the song so could not really associate anything with anything there.

I think my problem is, when I listen to music, I do not associate the music, song, or lyrics with imagery.

So it is a bizarre question. It makes you think hard but sometimes the answer just isn't there. Even if the image is well thought out in its design.

Your tea cup with the camels just makes me think of the Guess Who - but I know it is not the answer.

No sugar tonight in my coffee
No sugar tonight in my tea
No sugar to stand beside me
No sugar to run with me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I had never heard the song so could not really associate anything with anything there.

So, it's difficult to achieve something with just an image, unless it somehow stirs up a memory somewhere. For that to happen, the image would also have to pretty specific. Remember the image I used for One Night in Bangkok? That was based on the imagery of the music video, and also had a slight pun in it.

Wimage.thumb.jpeg.68b81ccc3dff3f674e25e2d917812d42.jpeg

Whereas where there was no such link, I used the lyrics as a starting point as with Cherona. Much harder, obviously, and required those additional clues.

image.thumb.jpeg.4cc7e01cd0cae5d5b8b98878ac13f86f.jpeg

If you don't know the song, you can be given the whole thing in pictures, yet never be able to find it without hints. See if you can ascertain the song by the images. It's figuratively, if not literally, the entire song. I'll not go with AI because it would take too long.

horses.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=da2ec346725ddc

bb7eed161eb1829c46be11f03d7e4e48.jpg&f=1

downcool-feather-bed-mattress-topper-que

8dd15c0eb1d98a003aa9d13469752847.jpg&f=1

painting-artwork-prussia-concerts-wallpa

220397.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d2f7882444566a

M400590_Death-of-Sir-John-Moore-at-Corun

Spoiler

Edited by Snargfargle

9 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Let's see.. this is so easy someone here is going to crack this in under 5 secs...image.jpeg.7d4fb05968404c3e38db5558d5236134.jpeg

Here's my first guess.

We Three Kings

Christmas carol; original song written and composed by John Henry Hopkins, Jr.

"We Three Kings", original title "Three Kings of Orient", also known as "We Three Kings of Orient Are" or "The Quest of the Magi", is a Christmas carol that was written by John Henry Hopkins Jr. in 1857. Wikipedia

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Here's my first guess.

Nice, but we already have, I should say, one right answer. The one I had in mind, the Vulcan song by T'Pau.

12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

If you don't know the song, you can be given the whole thing in pictures, yet never be able to find it without hints. See if you can ascertain the song by the images. It's figuratively, if not literally, the entire song. I'll not go with AI because it would take too long.

horses.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=da2ec346725ddc

bb7eed161eb1829c46be11f03d7e4e48.jpg&f=1

downcool-feather-bed-mattress-topper-que

8dd15c0eb1d98a003aa9d13469752847.jpg&f=1

painting-artwork-prussia-concerts-wallpa

220397.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d2f7882444566a

M400590_Death-of-Sir-John-Moore-at-Corun

Reveal hidden contents

Ee.... (not having looked at the spoiler yet)

Let's see, horses on the beach, they look like Arab horses but I'm leaning heavily towards them actually being Camargue horses.

A woman in a mauve silk satin evening dress..

A fancy twin bed.

The Duke of Wellington in Waterloo, apparently.

Frederick the Great playing the flute.

Sir John Moore dying.

Someone else dying, apparently, as well.

Right, no clue what song could have all that.

What does the spoiler tell us...

I see... and hear as well.. No, I wouldn't have ever guessed. I know the group, but I may have never heard this song, at least I can't remember it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a song fresh off the record press... well, not really, but she's a doll, isn't she? (In case you can't guess from the picture, we are back in the 60s here. And... south of the Channel, so the original language is French.) France is the operative word.

image.jpeg.8a5c110e77c11a21e0cfa882592fcec0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Here's a song fresh off the record press... well, not really, but she's a doll, isn't she? (In case you can't guess from the picture, we are back in the 60s here. And... south of the Channel, so the original language is French.) France is the operative word.

image.jpeg.8a5c110e77c11a21e0cfa882592fcec0.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Lol, no not a trademarked doll. Also, 60s song, and France. I know my image is not quite a Gainsborough painting, but try and figure it out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Lol, no not a trademarked doll. Also, 60s song, and France. I know my image is not quite a Gainsborough painting, but try and figure it out.

Here's one song that is funny and weird.

OIG1.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Here's one song that is funny and weird.

OIG1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You picked up on the Gainsborough clue, I can see. Excellent, you are very very close. The correct song writer, and the language, but not yet the correct singer nor the song.... though, potentially a better one than what my riddle is about.

No idea admiral.

I tried to make an ai of another song and it didn't turn out proper. But you might have guessed it. 

Otherwise, I was boosting a capitan from 17 to 2o the past couple days and my brain is not sharp enough for foreign music. That last point is not imperative so I'll deal with it later.

cheers gentlemen 

• Like 1

@Snargfargle Ehm, no. The singer is born after WW2, she is as French as France.

This is a movie that was made in the Eisenhower administration. All of the lead actresses are still alive. It has something in common with the following:

dJiG5j6tcMZoSbrnWCIlp5x78eO.jpg&f=1&nofb

Looking_for_Mr._Goodbar_(1977_film)_post

800px-Brigitte_Bardot_-_Screenland_(Marc

Teachers_Pet_1958_Fr.jpg

2d0837d8450cb99e56f8903132c0b55b.jpg&f=1

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle Ehm, no. The singer is born after WW2, she is as French as France.

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Sorry, no... remember, a doll, a French doll, and France.... we are talking about 60s pop music here.

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sorry, no... remember, a doll, a French doll, and France.... we are talking about 60s pop music here.

You have to admit that Mireille Mathieu is about as French as France though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This is a movie that was made in the Eisenhower administration. All of the lead actresses are still alive. It has something in common with the following:

dJiG5j6tcMZoSbrnWCIlp5x78eO.jpg&f=1&nofb

Looking_for_Mr._Goodbar_(1977_film)_post

800px-Brigitte_Bardot_-_Screenland_(Marc

Teachers_Pet_1958_Fr.jpg

2d0837d8450cb99e56f8903132c0b55b.jpg&f=1

Gosh... so we are talking about roughly the late 50s or so. I sense this isn't one of your easy ones...

Well, my best guess would be this.