Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

🙂👍

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hmm...

There's only one Monkee left alive.

Fun facts: Michael Nesmith wrote "Different Drum," made popular by Linda Ronstadt. His mom invented Liquid Paper and became comfortable rich off of it (she sold her company to Gillette for $47 million in 1979 and left it to him in her will in 1980). The Eagles started out as Linda Ronstadt's touring band.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

There's only one Monkee left alive.

Fun facts: Michael Nesmith wrote "Different Drum," made popular by Linda Ronstadt. His mom invented Liquid Paper and became comfortable rich off of it (she sold her company to Gillette for $47 million in 1979 and left it to him in her will in 1980). The Eagles started out as Linda Ronstadt's touring band.

I follow the Monkees on facebook.
Didn't know about the Liquid Paper connection or the Linda Ronstadt & The Eagles connections.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I knew the song cause... I'm a believer. I looked for it in Davy Jones' locker till I found it.

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

I follow the Monkees on facebook.
Didn't know about the Liquid Paper connection or the Linda Ronstadt & The Eagles connections.

One of my favorite YouTube channels is The Professor of Rock, who talks about the connections among songs, songwriters, and singers.

The Eagles are real jerks when it comes to covers of their songs and copyright claim and remove any that they can. Other bands love it when people cover their songs. Graham Nash wrote to this cover band, telling them that he really liked their cover of Suite: Judy Blue Eyes.

The little blond-haired gal is the band leader's daughter and the other one sings with her in the church choir. They are all grown up now.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

I need to make these harder.

Where dreams come true.

21d94b39-f49a-4f27-abc4-140d005a9639.jpg

17 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The Eagles are real jerks when it comes to covers of their songs and copyright claim and remove any that they can. Other bands love it when people cover their songs. Graham Nash wrote to this cover band, telling them that he really liked their cover of Suite: Judy Blue Eyes.

The little blond-haired gal is the band leader's daughter and the other one sings with her in the church choir. They are all grown up now.

I thought that playing someone else's work involved paying them a royalty or something?
What are the typical terms & conditions?

14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I need to make these harder.

Where dreams come true.

21d94b39-f49a-4f27-abc4-140d005a9639.jpg

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - sung by Judy Garland?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Let's wait for the confirmation. I can't come up with anything else, though. The image says 'Disneyworld' more to me, however, but I don't know a song by such name.

@Snargfargle Usually your riddles are plenty hard enough. I make the easy ones.

• Like 1

I thought that playing someone else's work involved paying them a royalty or something? What are the typical terms & conditions?

Songwriters should relish covers of their songs on YouTube as they get most or all of the revenue from the songs. It's simply free money for them. I guess, however, that once you are a hundred-millionaire money and exposure for your song doesn't matter much to you anymore. Some songwriters are "snooty" about their songs and want only the people they specifically chose to cover them. Other's couldn't care less who covers their songs but they don't have control over their own songs, their publishers do.

Strictly speaking, it boils down to this:

"All artists must seek permission to post a cover song not in the public domain on their YouTube channel."

You can, however, post a parody of a song under the "fair use" doctrine. Fair use also covers things like commentary, news reporting, teaching, reactions, and content analysis.

"It is not necessary to obtain permission if you show the movie in the course of “face-to-face teaching activities” in a nonprofit educational institution, in a classroom or similar place devoted to instruction, if the copy of the movie being performed is a lawful copy." 17 U.S.C. § 110(1).

My mom was the director of a small community theater group for years and years. Every time they put on a play they had to send off a $100 royalty check to some play's publisher.

The legalese can be found here:

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/posting-cover-songs-on-youtube-what-you-need-to-know

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

I'm working on an easy riddle, but I'm getting too many Benders, Mandalorians and clones of Scott Bakula and others currently. Oh, and dinosaurs with orange wigs too.

• Confused 1

No, I'm thinking about a 70s song here. Many of the lyrics of the song are in the picture. The singer/songwriter also wrote and sang one of the most well-known songs of the early 70s.

Another very well-known 70s song was written about him too. Think of something along these lines.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Confused 1

No clue. In the scheme of 1oo million songs worldwide; I have about 5oo favourites which is a drop in the ocean of music.

• Like 1

I get as far as remembering I've heard the name Carly Simon. Can anyone remember 'where dreams come true', other than Over the Rainbow and one particular song by Alice Cooper.

3 minutes ago, thornzero said:

No clue. In the scheme of 1oo million songs worldwide; I have about 5oo favourites which is a drop in the ocean of music.

The singer/songwriter also wrote a song about someone whose talent was never recognized in his own lifetime. Bonus points if you can guess that song too, and also the one about him. It's a trilogy, or a quadrilogy.

This should be a dead giveaway.

372e46b7-d0e5-4059-971e-f62201bd6abd.jpg

Well that is a distortion of Starry Night by Van Gogh but I still don't know the song. I will probably when someone figures it out.

Just now, thornzero said:

Well that is a distortion of Starry Night by Van Gogh but I still don't know the song. I will probably when someone figures it out.

You've literally stated the name of one of the songs I'm after.

So... the song writer wrote a song about Van Gogh. I'm all ears....

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

You've literally stated the name of one of the songs I'm after.

There's a pie in all this. I like pies.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... the song writer wrote a song about Van Gogh. I'm all ears....

Well, at least one-and-a-half ears...

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

There's a pie in all this. I like pies.

Well, you still haven't come up with the original song I was looking for, but...

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, the only song by Don Mclean I can think of is the one about Buddy Holly.

13 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Off the top of my head, the only song by Don Mclean I can think of is the one about Buddy Holly.

Look at his discography and you will find the one I am looking for. He only had about four hit songs. Listen to it and see if my image comes close.

This is the original of the song about him, sung but one of the singwriters.

• Like 1