Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The band wouldn't happen to be Jefferson Starship would it?

No, not it wouldn't be. There is no Star(r) or Eddie in the band name. There's also no Eddie involved otherwise. We are looking for a song from the early 80s. Try to figure out the song name, what's wrong with the soldier?

43 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

No, not it wouldn't be. There is no Star(r) or Eddie in the band name. There's also no Eddie involved otherwise. We are looking for a song from the early 80s. Try to figure out the song name, what's wrong with the soldier?

What's wrong with the soldier is that he's been caught out in the open with no cover.

The only band I can think of with "win" in the name is the Edgar Winter Band but you said there is no "Eddie" in the band. You mentioned something about the name being related to this game so the fictional band "Eddie and the Cruisers" could fit but, again, you said no Eddie.

I don't think anyone is going to get this one. So you might as well reveal it. When I first saw your picture I thought of this though.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

The song was written by a legend and made popular by a band from across the sea.

d24e74ba-bf67-4fd7-a487-6dc4dbce3a68.jpg

11 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I wonder if you figure out the song name from this at least, then it's just the question of figuring out the band which should not be a hard task consider the game we all play.

image.jpeg.427337cd6353721ee06266fde394902e.jpeg

That looks like the onset of what we would now call PTSD.

In the Great War it was shell shock, which fits the image pretty well.

5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The only band I can think of with "win" in the name is the Edgar Winter Band...

Not the artist name, the song name. (War)

Which brings us to the song name being related to this game, WoWS.

Apart from the asymmetrical frustration classes, most of us are using ships with big guns.

Back in the Age of Sail these might have been known as a man-of-war.

Thus, Shell Shock by Manowar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The song was written by a legend and made popular by a band from across the sea.

d24e74ba-bf67-4fd7-a487-6dc4dbce3a68.jpg

Looks like Gulliver's travels to me.... is this the Antarctic? Do you mean 'across the sea' as in not in NA?

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Looks like Gulliver's travels to me.... is this the Antarctic? Do you mean 'across the sea' as in not in NA?

Hoghammer will get this one in a second but I do realize that not everyone listens to the same music. You'll not see nothing like that fellow in the polar suit though.

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Hoghammer will get this one in a second but I do realize that not everyone listens to the same music. You'll not see nothing like that fellow in the polar suit though.

Wanna bet?

31 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Savage innocents?

Who was the actor and what role did he play? That's the song.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Who was the actor and what role did he play? That's the song.

Anthony Quinn playing Inuk, and the song is likely this one. I have zero recollection of ever hearing this song, though I think I have seen the movie but... in the 70s or early 80s...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:
1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn.  Bob Dylan wrote the song.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn.  Bob Dylan wrote the song.

Looks like you and @Snargfargle shop at the same records store. I'd never have guessed the song until I was able to get on track having seen Anthony Quinn.

Okay, here's a Saturday Night Movie. Let's see if you are attentive enough to details to figure out the name of the movie, and maybe some quote or two as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca0624d3b9d19548d300b76d9502d970.jpeg

Some verbal clues:

The theme that plays is hammy, and not so much a catchy tune as it is ... witchy. The movie takes place in three places that are different and yet the same. You cannot visit the set, obviously, but you could visit all three places in the real world, to see one place.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:12 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Okay, here's a Saturday Night Movie. Let's see if you are attentive enough to details to figure out the name of the movie, and maybe some quote or two as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca0624d3b9d19548d300b76d9502d970.jpeg

Some verbal clues:

The theme that plays is hammy, and not so much a catchy tune as it is ... witchy. The movie takes place in three places that are different and yet the same. You cannot visit the set, obviously, but you could visit all three places in the real world, to see one place.

I sense that people need more hints...

Let's make this a lot easier. The movie has an improvised reference to Johnny Carson.

There's something in the movie that in a way reminds me of the Birth of Venus by Botticelli (remotely). Now, I tried to get Bing to generate that but my prompt was blocked four times repeated, so please use your imagination because the following image is as Bing likes to see a historical painting interpreted.

image.jpeg.aa044f87394f7608655bb10eadd8d6df.jpeg

• Confused 1

@Wolfswetpaws You seem... puzzled? Is it about Venus? You have to imagine her with considerably less clothing for the scene to have any chance of working. Actually, more like zero clothing.

55 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I sense that people need more hints...

Let's make this a lot easier. The movie has an improvised reference to Johnny Carson.

There's something in the movie that in a way reminds me of the Birth of Venus by Botticelli (remotely). Now, I tried to get Bing to generate that but my prompt was blocked four times repeated, so please use your imagination because the following image is as Bing likes to see a historical painting interpreted.

image.jpeg.aa044f87394f7608655bb10eadd8d6df.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Wolfswetpaws You seem... puzzled? Is it about Venus? You have to imagine her with considerably less clothing for the scene to have any chance of working. Actually, more like zero clothing.

Yeah.  I have a difficult time leaping to the conclusion of "Venus" when I'm looking at an image of the Eskimo Queen of Pearl Clams.  😉 

Edited to add.  It also reminds me of salon hair dryers.
30cdc5dd104782ddfd628ebd80587c51.jpg&f=1

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  I have a difficult time leaping to the conclusion of "Venus" when I'm looking at an image of the Eskimo Queen of Pearl Clams.  😉 

Edited to add.  It also reminds me of salon hair dryers.
30cdc5dd104782ddfd628ebd80587c51.jpg&f=1

Lol.

Blame Bing.

Here's the Venus in reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_Venus

Now, as I was saying, there is no actual Venus in the movie, just an important little scene that slightly reminds me of it in terms of composition. There's no naked innocence in the movie scene, of course, and the actual scene... unravels, fairly quickly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Lol.

Blame Bing.

Here's the Venus in reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_Venus

Now, as I was saying, there is no actual Venus in the movie, just an important little scene that slightly reminds me of it in terms of composition. There's no naked innocence in the movie scene, of course, and the actual scene... unravels, fairly quickly.

Thanks.  I learned something new (to me) about art history.  🙂 

• Like 1

Today's Venus has been sanitized and demoted in the pantheon. However, this is Ishtar, conqueror of wild beasts and earthly kings. One of the old gods, feared by the gods themselves. “If thou openest not that I may enter I will smash the doorpost and unhinge the gate. I will lead up the dead, that they may eat the living.”

Ishtar_on_an_Akkadian_seal.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Today's Venus has been sanitized and demoted in the pantheon. However, this is Ishtar, conqueror of wild beasts and earthly kings. One of the old gods, feared by the gods themselves. “If thou openest not that I may enter I will smash the doorpost and unhinge the gate. I will lead up the dead, that they may eat the living.”

Ishtar_on_an_Akkadian_seal.jpg

I was going to say the movie is not about Venus but... this description sounds somewhat apt for the movie.

Now, folks, just try to figure out the movie. The yellow beetle is probably the third thing you would notice when the movie starts.

The Shining has a yellow VW Beetle in it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The Shining has a yellow VW Beetle in it.

Nicely done!

It also has a red one, totally trashed by the roadside in a short scene. The red one is the color of the original Beetle in the book, and presumably also in the script King submitted. Kubrick used a completely different script for the movie along with that yellow Beetle. This is what my original clue image was about.

The reference to Johnny Carson is, of course, 'Here's Johnny!'

The movie takes place in three different main locations, sort of. It's probably well known that the story is based on history of the Stanley Hotel. The exterior shots are from the Timberline Lodge in Oregon, but the interiors are not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stanley_Hotel

https://stephenking.fandom.com/wiki/Timberline_Lodge

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-ahwahnee-hotel-yosemite-national-park-california