Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This isn't Icelandic, I just framed it in a bit of a Scandinavian context because... anything cold reminds me of the north. This is apparently from a game of some sort, originally.

Most of Gingertail's songs are from games and/or movies that games were based on. If you haven't played the game or watched the movie and have just randomly watched the video because it was suggested to you then it would be hard to associate one of her videos to a song.

That picture actually reminded me of my sister-in-law because she grew up in an old, uninsulated farm house that only had a single fireplace for heat. I went to visit her parents one winter with my brother -- the outside walls of her bedroom were covered in frost and icicles. I come from a pretty tough family but I think that hers was tougher. My youngest niece is a real pioneer woman who is not afraid of anything. I taught her to shoot a rifle before she was even big enough to hold it up by herself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" (... I come from the land of ice & snow with the midnight sun and where the hot springs flow...)

I think that was a great guess.

Much better than "Baby, It's Cold Outside" 🤣.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

I think that was a great guess.

Much better than "Baby, It's Cold Outside" 🤣.

The "woke" crowd is trying to get that classic Christmas song banned. This video would be hilarious for its multiple straw man arguments if the creators didn't actually mean it. The parody response is hilarious though.

I'm not a "Lady Gaga" fan but this was a funny role-reveal of the song.

True story:

At midnight one winter, I got a call that a toilet was leaking in an apartment. The girl, who I knew well enough to say "hi" to when I saw her on campus, mentioned that it was really cold outside, which it was.

When I got the leak fixed (it was a legitimate plumbing emergency because the old valve couldn't be shut off and it was leaking all over the bathroom floor), it was 2:00 AM.

I packed up my tools and went to retrieve my coat but found that the girl and her two large black cats were now sleeping on it. She said that she guessed that I was just going to have to spend the night because I wasn't getting my coat back. I laughed and said that I needed to get home because I had to get up early and drive six hours to get to my parents' house in time for Christmas dinner.

I can really be clueless sometimes.

4e945dfe-2ce9-45c8-91d0-dab39e762021.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Most of Gingertail's songs are from games and/or movies that games were based on. If you haven't played the game or watched the movie and have just randomly watched the video because it was suggested to you then it would be hard to associate one of her videos to a song.

That picture actually reminded me of my sister-in-law because she grew up in an old, uninsulated farm house that only had a single fireplace for heat. I went to visit her parents one winter with my brother -- the outside walls of her bedroom were covered in frost and icicles. I come from a pretty tough family but I think that hers was tougher. My youngest niece is a real pioneer woman who is not afraid of anything. I taught her to shoot a rifle before she was even big enough to hold it up by herself.

Yes, it is a cover by Alina Gingertail, the original is referenced in the video title, but I didn't know it was from a game until I actually looked up the background of the song. I thought the game name was a reference to a band I've never heard of. Not that I've heard of the game either, although it's apparently a popular one. You got the 'sister' right, though, it's just not your sister-in-law, or so I presume.

While we are on the subject, here's another song, from another game, also available as cover versions, including Gingertail.

image.jpeg.24ad459290370a6912e89236d868ad3f.jpeg

13 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I can really be clueless sometimes.

Head Slap GIFs | GIFDB.com

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Head Slap GIFs | GIFDB.com

By the way, did you know that guys from the RevZilla youtube channel duplicated the Dumb & Dumber mini-bike ride?  🙂 

The Dumb and Dumber Mini Bike Road Trip | Common Tread XP

How We Built the Dumb and Dumber Mini Bike | The Shop Manual

• Haha 1

Hmm... extra hints needed?

27 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hmm... extra hints needed?

Apparently I'm not well-versed in the relevant games or in Viking songs.
But, perhaps others are?

26 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Apparently I'm not well-versed in the relevant games or in Viking songs.
But, perhaps others are?

Perhaps they are but I better not count on that...

Let's see now, the first song posted is about sleeping, though I suspect it's more about the 'big sleep' as it were.  It involves a ghost ship (in the game), and there's a sea shanty version of it as well (looking at the game wiki) which is instrumental only.

No Vikings were hurt in the production, this is off-worldly I take it.

Second song is also from a game, which is not Viking per se... but has a heavily Nordic like feel about it, among other things. It also features those creatures that the western tradition has a curious penchant for depicting as evil, even though they aren't and instead they bring good luck and fortune as everyone knows. Except the people who made that game it seems. And many other games... but that's beside the point.

On 3/11/2024 at 5:08 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

I was a little surprised no one got it back even though I couldn't have given a more direct clue when I asked them to name the album (5) and the song too....

I missed that earlier, although in all honesty I probably wouldn't have got that either...

• Like 1

Okay, since no one got these game related songs...

Warframe, Sleeping in the cold below (Gingertail cover)

And... Dragonborn comes (also Gingertail cover here, thought there are lots of covers out there, including one of the Skyrim theme shot at some ruined castle where a woman plays the violin, IIRC, and a half naked man runs around huffing and puffing; it's good too.)

The name of the song and group are in the image.

73f238b0-5686-417a-a9a8-4dfe01c356fd.jpg

47 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

73f238b0-5686-417a-a9a8-4dfe01c356fd.jpg

Beatles, Ladybirds?

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Beatles, Ladybirds?

getting there..

Heart - Magic Man 

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Try, try, try to understand...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Heart - Magic Man 

Wow. You're good at this.

@Snargfargle Still thinking about the previous one. Now, I find it extraordinarily unlikely that you were riddling a song by the Ladybirds... more likely the Beatles but... I am thinking about a song by John Denver.

That's not John Denver, though, this is a cover.

16 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Beatles - Baby You Can Drive My Car

2 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Beatles - Baby You Can Drive My Car

Good guess but how about "Long and Winding Road?"

• Like 2

BTW, I just watched a movie called "Yesterday" about a man who falls into an alternate timeline where the Beatles never formed a band. It's a fun little movie. If you have Netflix, you might consider giving it a watch.

I wonder if you figure out the song name from this at least, then it's just the question of figuring out the band which should not be a hard task consider the game we all play.

image.jpeg.427337cd6353721ee06266fde394902e.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I wonder if you figure out the song name from this at least, then it's just the question of figuring out the band which should not be a hard task consider the game we all play.

image.jpeg.427337cd6353721ee06266fde394902e.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Nice, but I was looking for something should describe exactly the state of that soldier. On the plus side, you got half of the band's name, there.

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Nice, but I was looking for something should describe exactly the state of that soldier. On the plus side, you got half of the band's name, there.

The band wouldn't happen to be Jefferson Starship would it?