Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

@Snargfargle  Alvin and the Chipmunks - Runnin' with the Devil (lol)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Have not read through this entire thread and I am sure people are just coming and looking at the last one. So we really have no clue what singer you may have discussed before .

There are themes that that tend to run through threads like this. It gets easier and easier to figure out the answers to riddles as you start to learn how the posters think and what they are familiar with.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@Snargfargle  Alvin and the Chipmunks - Runnin' with the Devil (lol)

That could be applicable. However, think of a parody here. Also, think of a theme that runs through Fiddler on the Roof. The AI has a bit of trouble with mammalian taxonomy too. Those are mustelids, not sciurids.

Edited by Snargfargle

Absolutely no idea...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This should be a easy. Name the song and group.

a3ecb38b-38b7-440e-b248-4a81731a67ab.jpg

Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Absolutely no idea...

db314cce-b86f-47bb-9041-6465b26ad0fe.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76IGLi6jWI

@gotisc There was this poor kid I went to school with. Every year the other kids would make fun of him 'cause his viking helmet had a broken horn and his parents couldn't afford to get him new stomping boots. Man, one year they were so broke that they had to put horseradish on the lawn, hoping no one would notice. I feel bad for my part in the teasing and would ask you all to just remember what Weasel Stomping Day is really about.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

82f39d04-2480-4e11-bbf4-8cc9d2c105a0.jpg

That’s not the Tallahatchie Bridge, is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Those are mustelids, not sciurids.

Much clearer now, thank you kindly.

• Haha 1

This is what I got from the latest image, namewise, but there are lot of pieces of music by this name, none of which seem to have vocals though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This is what I got from the latest image, namewise, but there are lot of pieces of music by this name, none of which seem to have vocals though.

None of your videos will play in the USA. You might just give us the title of the song and let us find one of our own that will.

By the URL, I got "Cuban serenade," which isn't the song I was thinking of but actually descriptive of it. I'm thinking of a classic song, first released in 1929, and covered by many singers over the years but didn't become a pop music hit until it was covered in the mid-60s by a group that went by the same name as this bird. Their version was in both Spanish and English.

36333000723_dc1fa63a98_o.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&

Spoiler

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

Yes, I was thinking about a Cuban serenade, back to the drawing board then...

Is the bird a clue for a new song? I'm not good with birds, so don't know what kind of a bird that it is, except kind of small.

Well, thanks for the hint, I think this might be the Cuban song, Guajira Guantanamera. (Hope it plays...)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is the bird a clue for a new song? I'm not good with birds, so don't know what kind of a bird that it is, except kind of small.

I have placed a spoiler above with a video of the song. That bird is a sandpiper.

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I have placed a spoiler above with a video of the song. That bird is a sandpiper.

Ah... you meant THAT version of the song. (I try not to look at the spoilers until I have to give up.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ah... you meant THAT version of the song. (I try not to look at the spoilers until I have to give up.)

I'm trying to stick to 60s through 80s songs that have had something of an international audience due to being widely broadcast or played in local venues all over the world. Much of this is due to the fact that Americans are stationed everywhere and bring their music with them.

I was just watching a video by a German girl who asked her friends what hey thought of American soldiers still being stationed in their country. Their attitude toward Americans was generally positive, especially for all of the American goods and services that came into the country that were hard to get otherwise, but also because they found Americans to generally be friendly and helpful. I'm glad to hear that because I was one of these American soldiers stationed in Germany.

• Like 1

AI being a little over creative here, but I hope the idea comes across, it's about someone being run out of town. This is a song. Don't take this too literally, well at least not all of it.

image.jpeg.3b24b1991c68a1a2912a079e83c65cfd.jpeg

8 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

AI being a little over creative here, but I hope the idea comes across, it's about someone being run out of town. This is a song. Don't take this too literally, well at least not all of it.

"Take it on the Run" by REO Speedwagon?

9 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm getting vibes of a sheriff running someone out of town for messing around with his daughter but that theme is in a lot of songs.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm getting vibes of a sheriff running someone out of town for messing around with his daughter but that theme is in a lot of songs.

• Like 1

Here's a classic folk song from the early 60s that was based on an actual man and an actual place.

732cd8e0-2e63-4423-a229-24d1911539c3.jpg  94d20d6caf1d698ce55e369a6d641e0f.jpg&f=1

The gentleman shown in the picture has an alliterative name. He owns the lands shown. The picture of him and his daughter was taken about a dozen years ago. Now, that pretty little girl is now an even prettier young woman. She would be quite a catch for a local boy who has his eye on her, if he just get around her father somehow.

Another hint:

ac56aa56-0ff5-4e91-961a-895c9bc82ea8.jpg

And this:

Edited by Snargfargle

10 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

"Take it on the Run" by REO Speedwagon?

You both are looking at the wrong thing in the image. I staged the riddle in the Old West, but the song is not American, though what I'm looking for is an American version of the song. Partly the 'blame' for this riddle falls on @Snargfargle as I was inspired by something he said earlier.

In short, forget the western town, but if you are looking at the image, spot something that is... weird in that context.

Here's a classic folk song from the early 60s that was based on an actual man and an actual place.

732cd8e0-2e63-4423-a229-24d1911539c3.jpg  94d20d6caf1d698ce55e369a6d641e0f.jpg&f=1

The gentleman shown in the picture has an alliterative name. He owns the lands shown. The picture of him and his daughter was taken about a dozen years ago. Now, that pretty little girl is now an even prettier young woman. She would be quite a catch for a local boy who has his eye on her, if he just get around her father somehow.

Another hint:

ac56aa56-0ff5-4e91-961a-895c9bc82ea8.jpg

And this:

Lol.. no surprise I'm puzzled. The picture of the landscape with hursts, slopes, glens, dales and valleys and the rock fence can't be AI, so it's probably the real location. Maybe if I use Google satellite images I can find it?...

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Lol.. no surprise I'm puzzled. The picture of the landscape with hursts, slopes, glens, dales and valleys and the rock fence can't be AI, so it's probably the real location.

That's the eastern oak-hickory forest of North America, in a state known for "hillbillies." It's a very popular song for beginning guitarists to play in the US and is taught by most guitar teachers. However, it doesn't get much radio time other than on folk or bluegrass stations so you probably have never heard of it. What's interesting is that the man sung about was real and the mountain was real too.

Spoiler

If you are interested, here's the story of Clifton Clowers.

https://bluegrasstoday.com/clifton-clowers/

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1