Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I wouldn't probably able to name any other 70s martial arts stars except Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. You got the right one named, but the black man isn't exactly a martial arts guy. The movie isn't Enter the Dragon.

'Tiger' is there somewhere in this movie, though not in the title.

Basically should be easy peasy to figure this one out.

Wasn't Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (the basketball player) in Game of Death?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This one makes reference to another singer I posted about very recently. What is the song?

fb52feb6-0a46-468b-a34d-9ddefb5ea000.jpg

This reminds me of I love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

• Like 1

OK, you are probably talking about Game of Death. I didn't even consider this because it's generally considered to be a farce compared to real Bruce Lee movies. It was slapped together just to exploit his popularity and make a quick buck after his death.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Amaruk said:

This reminds me of I love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

You are on the right track. It's sung by a female singer and about a punk rocker but not sung per se by a punk rocker female singer. Although she was, let's say, "influenced" by punk rock, she's more alternative rock.

What the girl in the image is doing, both physically and mentally, plays a heavy role in the song as well as the person she's obviously attracted to, who may or may not really be there.

It just occurred to be that "he must have been about 17" sounds a lot better coming from a 14-year-old freshman girl who has a crush on a high-school senior than from a 25-year-old woman in a rock and roll band. I don't think the 17-year-old guy would much mind though. I'd have dated Joan Jett when I was 17 but she would have been 17 too, so there's that.

Edited by Snargfargle

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You are on the right track. It's sung by a female singer and about a punk rocker but not sung per se by a punk rocker female singer. Although she was, let's say, "influenced" by punk rock, she's more alternative rock.

What the girl in the image is doing, both physically and mentally, plays a heavy role in the song as well as the person she's obviously attracted to, who may or may not really be there.

It just occurred to be that "he must have been about 17" sounds a lot better coming from a 14-year-old freshman girl who has a crush on a high-school senior than from a 25-year-old woman in a rock and roll band. I don't think the 17-year-old guy would much mind though. I'd have dated Joan Jett when I was 17 but she would have been 17 too, so there's that.

Before this hint I would have guessed "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" by the Ramones, but now...

6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This one makes reference to another singer I posted about very recently. What is the song?

That' the perfect guess BUT this a very tough image to guess from if it's not Joan Jett

3 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Before this hint I would have guessed "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" by the Ramones, but now...

2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Kind of like my sex life 

2 hours ago, clammboy said:

not Debbie Harry

not Joan Jett

Not the "Pistols" but another similar band that thinks the Pistols ripped off their sound. The name of that band mentioned plays heavily in the title of the song, as does something you see someone doing in the AI image. Oh, wait, MDM actually mentioned them.

This singer isn't as well known as Harry or Jett but is almost the same age as Jett.

Here's the ultimate hint:

Think of what you are hearing and seeing in this song and image.

1200px-SquareRigging.jpg

Also, another hint. What is this song's singer singing about?

Edited by Snargfargle

7 hours ago, Amaruk said:

Wasn't Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (the basketball player) in Game of Death?

6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, you are probably talking about Game of Death. I didn't even consider this because it's generally considered to be a farce compared to real Bruce Lee movies. It was slapped together just to exploit his popularity and make a quick buck after his death.

It looks like a bit of a mishmash, probably the original concept would have made for a better movie. Still, the later documentary versions with extra footage might be worth watching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Death

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Should be easy. Some people say that she's done all right, for a girl.

e59691f6-cc51-4bbc-9669-975cbb7978d6.jpg

My brain thought of three guesses.

"Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego"
"Alicia Keys"
"Xanadu" (the movie, because of the roller-skating scenes).

I'm not sure why the Eiffel Tower and the Empire State Building were mashed together, though.

15 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A movie, for a change, the location seems to be in South East Asia, the original concept would have 'played' much like a video game, the finished movie tells the story of a ... dead man, for all practical purposes, shall we say.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed8b41a7beac81e8ade7cc6ec52fbee8.jpeg

My guess is "Enter the Dragon" (1973)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070034/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A movie, for a change, the location seems to be in South East Asia, the original concept would have 'played' much like a video game, the finished movie tells the story of a ... dead man, for all practical purposes, shall we say.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed8b41a7beac81e8ade7cc6ec52fbee8.jpeg

While researching this, I came accross an article...
https://www.theroot.com/20-essential-black-kung-fu-connections-1790868319

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My guess is "Enter the Dragon" (1973)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070034/

That was the popular suggestion, yes. The movie was Game of Death, 1978.

Then, of course, there's stuff like this.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My brain thought of three guesses. "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego" "Alicia Keys" "Xanadu" (the movie, because of the roller-skating scenes).
I'm not sure why the Eiffel Tower and the Empire State Building were mashed together, though.

I can now see all of those in the picture, especially the Xanadu thing.

Fun fact: The Statue of Liberty is actually just another Eiffel tower clad in copper. Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel was hired to design its internal structural elements after the original engineer died before completing the project.

The song was Melanie's "Brand New Key" though. "For someone who don't drive, I've been all around the world." My nieces' dad is a CEO, not to mention that they were the only two grand-kids of my parents when they finally retired and had money to spend and time to spend it. Those little rats have seen more of the world than I have.

• Like 2

@Wolfswetpaws

This too. Spent a while looking for this clip, saw it once some time ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Fun fact: The Statue of Liberty is actually just another Eiffel tower clad in copper. Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel was hired to design its internal structural elements after the original engineer died before completing the project.

The song was Melanie's "Brand New Key" though. "For someone who don't drive, I've been all around the world." My nieces' dad is a CEO, not to mention that they were the only two grand-kids of my parents when they finally retired and had money to spend and time to spend it. Those little rats have seen more of the world than I have.

What about the punk and the jukebox song?

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Good.

Because one of the reasons I enclosed the articles about riddles is because of *some people (ahem, cough, "someone")* thinking that there is only one possible answer to an image, when actually there are several possibe interpretations and even more which are "close, but no cigar" guesses.

The spectrum of human experiences and cultural references and genre variety among members of this forum means that the phrase "just because you think there is only one answer does not necessarily mean that there really is only one answer" has been frequently coming to my mind during this topic.  🙂 

Yougottabemorespecific_AntManmoviememe_07-21-2023_.thumb.jpg.c95fe49e62ffb0095a98b8177d1c1f57.jpg 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Good.

Because one of the reasons I enclosed the articles about riddles is because of *some people (ahem, cough, "someone")* thinking that there is only one possible answer to an image, when actually there are several possibe interpretations and even more which are "close, but no cigar" guesses.

The spectrum of human experiences and cultural references and genre variety among members of this forum means that the phrase "just because you think there is only one answer does not necessarily mean that there really is only one answer" has been frequently coming to my mind during this topic.  🙂 

Yougottabemorespecific_AntManmoviememe_07-21-2023_.thumb.jpg.c95fe49e62ffb0095a98b8177d1c1f57.jpg 

@Snargfargle Maybe we need to start using something like the Akinator approach? At least when it comes to the tougher nuts people struggle to crack.

14 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Wolfswetpaws

This too. Spent a while looking for this clip, saw it once some time ago.

The choreography reminded me of this concept in quotes (below), which was also mentioned in the movie "Dragon:  The Bruce Lee Story"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106770/

Fans of Bruce Lee are likely familiar with Jeet Kune Do, the style of fighting he developed in the 1960s. Lee felt there was too much wasted motion in most martial arts styles – there was a layer of ritualized and superfluous movements built up over the years. So he set out to strip away all the ritual and reduce martial arts technique to the minimal core movements that conveyed optimal function. The result was Jeet Kune Do.

https://theness.com/neurologicablog/the-layer-of-unnecessary-ritual/

• Like 1

Hoghamer usually gets the answer almost instantly, which likely means he and I have listened to the same songs and watched the same movies.

Make the riddle too easy though and this game gets boring.

Take these two simple math questions as an example.

A pump fills half of a bucket in one minute. How long would it take it to fill the entire bucket? Well, of course, it's two minutes but that's boring.

Pump A fills a tank in 15 minutes. Pump B fills the same tank in 10 minutes. How long would it take for both pumps working together to fill the tank? Now, that's more interesting. The answer is 6 minutes, BTW.

For my last riddle, we have this.

Further hints, regarding the singer and song are here.

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

For my last riddle, we have this.

I'm thinking this it not "Jukebox Hero" by the band named Foreigner, though.

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

choreography

There is 'theatrical' fighting and actual fighting. When I was in the service, I took martial arts training from a captain and a sergeant first class who held classes each evening off base. They both had learned various fighting techniques when they served in Japan and Korea.  The "style" they taught wasn't pretty but it was effective.

This is more close to real fighting than most scenes I've seen in movies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm thinking this it not "Jukebox Hero" by the band named Foreigner, though.

The song Amie by Pure Prairie League.

A ship's Rigging.

The female singer is the same age as Joan Jett.

Life is a Rock is a song about other songs.

Has something to do with dancing and punk rock.

And the closest guess was a band called the Ramones.

Here is the answer:

Spoiler

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The song Amie by Pure Prairie League

A ship's Rigging.

The female singer is the same age as Joan Jett.

Life is a Rock is a song about other songs.

Has something to do with dancing and punk rock.

And the closest guess was a band called the Ramones.

Here is the answer:

Hide contents

Thanks.
I'm simply going to plead ignorance of Amy Rigby's works and career.
For whatever reaason(s), she wasn't on my music awarness during her heyday, even though I was alive and of the right age to be exposed to her work.  Possibly some of my school classmates who were into the punk & altrenative music scene might have known about her.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Rigby

• Like 1