Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Killer optics on the Bismarck.

And then, there were those sailors who didn't sink the Bismark...

• Haha 1

This should be an easy one. A feel-good song by one of the ten best girl groups of all time according to Billboard Magazine. Ironically, one of its co-writers died while serving a prison sentence for murder.

6db90e96-e69e-48d7-8140-5041c1a047de.jpg

The AI still hasn't quite figured out how to render human arms correctly.

Edited by Snargfargle

Should be another easy one. Doesn't he look smug.

e1ffd5e6-28fa-4351-8386-b42ba827e0fe.jpg

22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This should be an easy one. A feel-good song by one of the ten best girl groups of all time according to Billboard Magazine. Ironically, one of its co-writers died while serving a prison sentence for murder.

Kiss of death

6 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Kiss of death

That's a 'feel good'?...🫣

26 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That's a 'feel good'?.

okay, then how about "...gimme your heart, baby, gimme your heart (literally)..."

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Kiss of death

21 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That's a 'feel good'?...🫣

Actually, that's pretty appropriate seeing that the writer/producer killed someone and then, himself, probably died of COVID. However, don't conflate the actor with the role or the writer with the song. You don't even want to know what this singer was convicted of.

However, the song I'm thinking of is more along the lines of this one.

• Like 1

The second song sounds familiar.

So, technically speaking, the first riddle song is an upbeat 60s song, and the second easy song (by @Snargfargle's standards at least) is about a smug guy with a girl, ostensibly under a pier somewhere. More likely on the west coast, probably.

The guy in the kissing picture looks like an actor whose name I can't remember (that happens often these days), but that's probably just an AI coincidence, because I know it's near impossible to get any details right with it, it frankly just mostly ignores what you write in the prompt.

13 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The second song sounds familiar.

So, technically speaking, the first riddle song is an upbeat 60s song, and the second easy song (by @Snargfargle's standards at least) is about a smug guy with a girl, ostensibly under a pier somewhere.

What are they under and what are they doing and what did they go there to get out of? Again, it's an "oldie" song.

9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What are they under and what are they doing and what did they go there to get out of? Again, it's an "oldie" song.

Why? What are they doing? Looks innocent enough, it's what young people do all the time.

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2024 at 12:46 AM, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Money for nothing - dire straits

Looked up the video, I remember this song now that I'm hearing it.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Looked up the video, I remember this song now that I'm hearing it.

Weird Al does great song parodies. Mark Knopfler himself played lead guitar for this parody.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Weird Al does great song parodies. Mark Knopfler himself played lead guitar for this parody.

What is somewhat amazing is just how those original lyrics drop right into the song without changing a word.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Those the two songs? I don't think I'd never have figured those out. Though, I've heard them both, Then he kissed me probably more than the other.

• Like 1

Looking for a song. The original is from the late 1920s, the new version is from the 80s. As for the singer, the takeaway from that is his stage name sounds... Mexican. The song you might have heard on Jeeves & Wooster.. at least if you have heard of Jeeves & Wooster, that is. Oh, the song also references a famous American male movie star.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5246ba91bc61953368f32c127dccfd8.jpeg

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

What is somewhat amazing is just how those original lyrics drop right into the song without changing a word.

Weird Al doesn't get the credit he deserves. If he wasn't a parodist he would be considered one of the best singers out there. That he and his band can so closely mimic a singer and band is uncanny. Apparently, weird Al's lead guitarist couldn't be distinguished from Knopfler when he played but Mark wanted to play on the song parody himself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Looking for a song. The original is from the late 1920s, the new version is from the 80s. As for the singer, the takeaway from that is his stage name sounds... Mexican. The song you might have heard on Jeeves & Wooster.. at least if you have heard of Jeeves & Wooster, that is. Oh, the song also references a famous American male movie star.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5246ba91bc61953368f32c127dccfd8.jpeg

Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz (Official Video)

Putting on the Ritz - Original 1930 Movie Sequence High Quality.wmv

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Jeeves and Wooster clip as well.

• Like 1

OK, here's one you should have heard, at least if you are as weird as me. I first saw this movie in the mid 70s on an Army base. I thought it was going to be something completely different when I bought the ticket. They had to run shows continuously in the evenings and on the weekend as everyone on base wanted to go see the movie after the word got out.

f531ec04-fb1d-4a61-b6f2-6ef5d729f440.jpg

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, here's one you should have heard, at least if you are as weird as me. I first saw this movie in the mid 70s on an Army base. I thought it was going to be something completely different when I bought the ticket. They had to run shows continuously in the evenings and on the weekend as everyone on base wanted to go see the movie after the word got out.

f531ec04-fb1d-4a61-b6f2-6ef5d729f440.jpg

the rocky horror picture show.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, clammboy said:

the rocky horror picture show.

Figured someone would get that quick.

Anyone know what you are supposed to shout out at this scene?

The-Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show---dinner.j

When I was working as a paramedic in a Midwestern City I attended a midnight screening of RHPS. The theater had been showing it for years every Saturday night and the regulars really got into it. One guy, dressed as Eddie, even rode a Harley down the Isle and played a saxophone before the movie.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Figured someone would get that quick.

Anyone know what you are supposed to shout out at this scene?

The-Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show---dinner.j

Besides screaming at a young Susan Sarandon who looks great in a bra and panties. I though you threw toast here but it's been a long time since I saw this in a theater. 

43 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I though you threw toast here but it's been a long time since I saw this in a theater. 

In an exasperated voice you say, "Meatloaf, again?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

it's been a long time since I saw this in a theater. 

Bring your newspaper, squirt gun and lighter for this scene. Whenever Janet says "light" here you flick your lighter.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1