Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Jon Voight, her dad IIRC.

Played the Pope, and the Midnight Cowboy.

Actually, you almost completely get the answer to the riddle if you listen to the Wild Thing "cover" I posted.

Edited by Snargfargle

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

You are so close! This is a cover of Wild Thing... or is it?

So ... that is Chip Taylor then... technically I don't know if it's a cover because it's his song, although I think the original performers are the Wild Ones.

So ... that is Chip Taylor then... technically I don't know if it's a cover because it's his song, although I think the original performers are the Wild Ones.

So what other popular song did Chip Taylor write? And what does he have to do with Angeline Jolie?

Edited by Snargfargle

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So what other popular song did Chip Taylor write? And what does he have to do with Angeline Jolie.

Apparently, Angel of the Morning, and the singer you are looking for would be Merrilee Rush, but what connection to Angelina Jolie...

Chip Taylor is Jon Voight's brother? Angelina's uncle, in other words.

• Thanks 1

This song I've heard but I don't think for a long long time.

Apparently, Angel of the Morning, and the singer you are looking for would be Merrilee Rush, but what connection to Angelina Jolie...

Chip Taylor is Jon Voight's brother? Angelina's uncle, in other words.

Home run (to use a baseball metaphor)!

I've never even though of doing drugs because this is how my brain works. These are the types of thoughts that bounce around in my head every minute of the day and in my dreams too.

My dreams are almost always about associations. I think that's what dreams do -- they are the mind trying to figure out if newly-obtained knowledge is important enough to keep and cross-reference to previously-stored knowledge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Home run (to use a baseball metaphor)!

I've never even though of doing drugs because this is how my brain works. These are the types of thoughts that bounce around in my head every minute of the day and in my dreams too.

My dreams are almost always about associations. I think that's what dreams do -- they are the mind trying to figure out if newly-obtained knowledge is important enough to keep and cross-reference to previously-stored knowledge.

Man, it makes for some seriously difficult riddles though.

How about having a go at that Blur song riddle?

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This song I've heard but I don't think for a long long time.

The best version, in my opinion. The session musicians on the record were the same ones who played as the backing band for Elvis Presley, The Box Tops, “Son of a Preacher Man,” B. J. Thomas, and the later Neil Diamonds.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Man, it makes for some seriously difficult riddles though.

How about having a go at that Blur song riddle?

I though someone already solved that?

I checked out the album and many of the songs were about things that could land you in a hospital. Not really my cup of tea as it's mostly repeated lyrics and rhythmic dance music. I had a girlfriend who loved to sway to the music in dance bars and was into alternative music so she would have liked it.

Edited by Snargfargle

I though someone already solved that?

I checked out the album and many of the songs were about things that could land you in a hospital. Not really my cup of tea as it's mostly repeated lyrics and rhythmic dance music. I had a girlfriend who loved to sway to the music in dance bars and was into alternative music so she would have liked it.

Solved the band, and the album (5), but as far as I could tell, nobody suggested a song yet. Not really my cup of tea either, that goes for most anything in the 90s and.. well.. anything since then, but this particular song sounded a little crazier.

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Solved the band, and the album (5), but as far as I could tell, nobody suggested a song yet.

I don't know what to tell you, half of the songs on that album deal with things I saw when I was working in hospitals.

• Confused 1

I don't know what to tell you, half of the songs on that album deal with things I saw when I was working in hospitals.

Right... I don't know the songs myself, just remember one of them. I basically made it very easy for them to nail the song, the difficult part was knowing the band and the album. See for yourself, I can't make it any easier than this:

I'll throw in an easy one. Say the name of the band, and if you can, name the song too. Hope it's not so easy you get it faster than the time it took me to make this one with AI (which wasn't nearly as tricky as they often tend to be...)

image.jpeg.05f6c3d5efe0a58b554766c04bcf6446.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Right... I don't know the songs myself, just remember one of them. I basically made it very easy for them to nail the song, the difficult part was knowing the band and the album. See for yourself, I can't make it any easier than this:

I'll throw in an easy one. Say the name of the band, and if you can, name the song too. Hope it's not so easy you get it faster than the time it took me to make this one with AI (which wasn't nearly as tricky as they often tend to be...)

image.jpeg.05f6c3d5efe0a58b554766c04bcf6446.jpeg

Well, the 5th track on the album is "On your own."

And please don't make me listen to any more of that horrendous music. 😝

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

And please don't make me listen to any more of that horrendous music. 😝

Okay, no worries, if no one gets it we'll quietly forget about that one.

WOWS players should easily get this song, which was also a movie.

fc356f73-e0b9-4409-a3f2-5e7a977d82ff.jpg

I'm looking for a song, first... think of this:

image.jpeg.d0c8ed9fe007df00054642781eda63b6.jpeg

What's this then, a weird international Chess tournament?

image.jpeg.2d530b3c450c3e8ecc976abb19c69181.jpeg

And the song is... (this is way too easy, BTW, but it's fun)

image.thumb.jpeg.68b81ccc3dff3f674e25e2d917812d42.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm looking for a song, first... think of this

• Thanks 1

Said it was easy, lol. Especially since I've posted this song on the forum at some point.

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle Well, there's Anchors away.

What WWII battleship was sunk with the aid of biplanes?

FAIREY-SWORDFISH-IMAGE-5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&

Just now, Snargfargle said:

What WWII battleship was sunk with the aid of biplanes?

FAIREY-SWORDFISH-IMAGE-5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&

Well, the obvious answer would be Swordfish planes, and the Bismarck.

• Like 1

The song "One Night in Bangkok" reminds me of the novel "Sunglasses After Dark" with it's references to devils and angels sliding up next to you at night. 

"The Other is frightened of it, just as the succubus and the ogre were afraid. Seraphim never interfere with Pretenders. But they could if they wanted to, and that is why Pretenders are fearful of them.

I turn and run from one of the nine billion faces of God."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, the obvious answer would be Swordfish planes, and the Bismarck.

• Thanks 1