Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

18 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

How long is this song?

Six stanzas from four to twelve lines each.

16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Six stanzas from four to twelve lines each.

So with all those things going on... it's rather hectic then. I'm complete dumbfounded myself, nor do I have a clue about Lara Croft, either. I've actually never watched that movie.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So with all those things going on... it's rather hectic then. I'm complete dumbfounded myself, nor do I have a clue about Lara Croft, either. I've actually never watched that movie.

Oh, I was still on the first riddle. The Laura Croft one is a completely separate riddle.

For the first riddle, know that the first version of the song to be released wasn't in English.

@Admiral_Karasu

The popular version of that first riddle's song has 290 million views on YouTube so you surely have heard it at least once.

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

@Admiral_Karasu

The popular version of that first riddle's song has 290 million views on YouTube so you surely have heard it at least once.

The first song,meaning the riddle where the kneeling woman is praying to a man? Seems like an awkward song...

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

The first song,meaning the riddle where the kneeling woman is praying to a man? Seems like an awkward song...

Well let's call that adoration, not worship. The AI wouldn't let me see a picture of the woman lying at the man's feet as described in the song itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Well let's call that adoration, not worship. The AI wouldn't let me see a picture of the woman lying at the man's feet as described in the song itself.

Awkwarder and awkwarder... starts to look like a 60s magazine advert.

Google thought it was about one sided love, not the song, but posting it anyway:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So as not to torment you further as you may not have heard the song in some time. Here are some lyrics.

幻想は決して変わらない 現実のものへ 目が覚めてる そして、完璧な空が引き裂かれているのがわかります

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So as not to torment you further as you may not have heard the song in some time. Here are some lyrics.

幻想は決して変わらない 現実のものへ 目が覚めてる そして、完璧な空が引き裂かれているのがわかります

Is there ... something... in this that you are after...

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is there ... something... in this that you are after...

OK, here is the original release of the song. If you've heard it you will recognize the melody.

BTW, my hint with the sheriff and the dog was this:

The sheriff's name is Andy and Goober there is mimicking the dog's paws. Spell Andy with an "e" like in the Andes Mountains.

paws ande

reverse that and you have the name of the band that the songwriters were members of.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, here is the original release of the song. If you've heard it you will recognize the melody.

BTW, my hint with the sheriff and the dog was this:

The sheriff's name is Andy and Goober there is mimicking the dog's paws. Spell Andy with an "e" like in the Andes Mountains.

paws ande

reverse that and you have the name of the band that the songwriters were members of.

This would be the original Danish singer for the song that I had in mind, so I think I don't need to be torn between different options but... Edna Swap?

BTW, never heard this song, like ever. Must be 'beyond 2000' stuff.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This would be the original Danish singer for the song that I had in mind, so I think I don't need to be torn between different options but... Edna Swap?

BTW, never heard this song, like ever. Must be 'beyond 2000' stuff.

Torn was written in 1993. In 1997, Natalie Imbruglia   covered it and made it a number one hit. The song has 290 million views on YouTube.

What about my last riddle? It's a hard one. Actually the only person I really expect to solve it might be @HogHammer.

• Like 1

What about my last riddle? It's a hard one. Actually the only person I really expect to solve it might be @HogHammer.

I wish I could...I'm up to my eyeballs in multi-task "riddles" this morning...

• Like 1

So that riddle is about 1) Tomb Raider + 2) Hot Shots! + 3) An angel in a white wedding dress?

Nobody's yet told me the name of the Blur song, BTW.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So that riddle is about 1) Tomb Raider + 2) Hot Shots! + 3) An angel in a white wedding dress?

Nobody's yet told me the name of the Blur song, BTW.

Well, you have taken the first step. Ask yourself this. Who starred in Hot Shots and what other movies might he have also starred in? I'm thinking about a baseball movie here.

Who starred in Tomb Raider?

Now, look at that last picture. Is there a song that it might remind you of.

There is an interesting connection between the song that they played all the time in the baseball movie, the song the AI image should remind you of, and Tomb Raider's actress.

Well, you have taken the first step. Ask yourself this. Who starred in Hot Shots and what other movies might he have also starred in? I'm thinking about a baseball movie here.

Who starred in Tomb Raider?

Now, look at that last picture. Is there a song that it might remind you of.

There is an interesting connection between the song that they played all the time in the baseball movie, the song the AI image should remind you of, and Tomb Raider's actress.

At this point the only song I can think of is 'White Wedding'. A bit inappropriate, lol.

Need to look into this, but others here may come up with the correct answer quicker.

@Admiral_Karasu

The color of the angel's dress, or even if she is wearing a dress or any clothes at all (hint) is inconsequential, it's not what you should be looking at in the image.

• Like 1

Another hint. The best version, in my opinion, of the song was sung by a singer with the same name as the other common wetland group than this plant. Are you familiar with your wetland plants? A couple of plant groups look like this and this one is called by the wrong name as it's really a sedge. Sedges have triangular stems. The true members of the group of plants with this name have have round stems.

Schoenoplectus-Mucronatus-Triangle-Club-

Plant-EQHY-20191211_132044.jpg&f=1&nofb=

Edited by Snargfargle

9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

@Admiral_Karasu

The color of the angel's dress, or even if she is wearing a dress or any clothes at all (hint) is inconsequential, it's not what you should be looking at in the image.

Well, as you said this is an expert level riddle so I'm kind of hitting a brick wall with this. I assume the baseball movie you mentioned would be Major League, and the leading role in Lara Croft was played by Angelina Jolie. There's a few songs called 'Angelina', on also by Bob Dylan but... I can't get any kind of a logical connection between all these movies and a song.

EDIT

I don't recognize that plant, then again, I wouldn't recognize most plants, they all look green to me, I wasn't into biology much, I guess.

A plant with triangular stems is called

Alkali/Saltmarsh Bullrush

Bolboschoenus (Scirpus) maritimus

Looks like that one, but not the right kind of stem.

Apparently there are grasses, sedges and rushes, and there is a singer called Jennifer Rush.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, as you said this is an expert level riddle so I'm kind of hitting a brick wall with this. I assume the baseball movie you mentioned would be Major League, and the leading role in Lara Croft was played by Angelina Jolie. There's a few songs called 'Angelina', on also by Bob Dylan but... I can't get any kind of a logical connection between all these movies and a song.

EDIT

I don't recognize that plant, then again, I wouldn't recognize most plants, they all look green to me, I wasn't into biology much, I guess.

The plant is a sedge but is sold as a rush. A woman with the same last name first sang the song in the 60s, another woman made it a hit in the 80s.

You are getting there. What song did they play every time the pitcher in Major League came out? Angelina Jolie is important to the riddle but has nothing to do with the song's name.

Edited by Snargfargle

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The plant is a sedge but is sold as a rush. A woman with the same last name first sang the song in the 60s, another woman made it a hit in the 80s.

You are getting there. What song did they play every time the pitcher in Major League came out? Angelina Jolie is important to the riddle but has nothing to do with the songs name.

Wild Thing?

@Admiral_Karasu

Who is this guy with a young Angelina Jolie?

Who is this guy who is with the guy who was always with Angelina Jolie at events when she was young? What does the second guy do?

Jon-Voight-Angelina-Jolie.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Angelina-Jolie-Her-Kids-Red-Carpet-NYC-2

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Wild Thing?

You are so close! This is a cover of Wild Thing... or is it?

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

@Admiral_Karasu

Who is this guy with a young Angelina Jolie?

Who is this guy who is with the guy who was always with Angelina Jolie at events when she was young? What does the second guy do?

Jon-Voight-Angelina-Jolie.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Angelina-Jolie-Her-Kids-Red-Carpet-NYC-2

Jon Voight, her dad IIRC.

Played the Pope, and the Midnight Cowboy.