Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

15 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle Funny you should mention these fine establishments. Anyone, name the song, please.

image.thumb.jpeg.3273dbdac25a42ca4db66c7a957f6c23.jpeg

OK, here's as close as I can come. Since he's apparently lucky and there are several ladies around:

Edited by Snargfargle

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, here's as close as I can come. Since he's apparently lucky and there are several ladies around:

image.jpeg.5e18529b5949f8652961cbf3b44cf46f.jpeg

You will mostly be looking for a female singer. I know there's one version on YouTube with a male singer too, so I would also accept that one. It' ain't the old blue eyes, though.

Well, this song is somewhat famous, because even I have heard some times, on television, that is. Never in person, but I recognize the song.

Information I found:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/music/5-facts-about-the-iconic-us-army-song/

https://www.marineband.marines.mil/Audio-Resources/The-Complete-Marches-of-John-Philip-Sousa/US-Field-Artillery-March/Paul/

The original composer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_L._Gruber

Fun fact there, he's a descendant of Franz Gruber.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Now you know the type of trail the caissons roll down, you can combine it with the place that weapons were made to get the singer's name. After that, a quick look back at the picture should get you to the song title.

By the way, I was in the Field Artillery myself. We didn't have caissons but we had a bit more modern equivalent. I sometimes hitched a ride in an ammo carrier and when I did I always liked to ride in the machine gun position if the weather was nice. It's a rough old ride in the back of one of those things, not to mention the fact that the back was also full of 200-pound artillery shells. Every time we stopped the camo netting went up.

FMC_M548_TRACKED_CARGO_CARRIER_1978_07.j

f050cffef45380c5026f918f4409ec9c.jpg

• Like 1

Lol, looks I need a lot of help with these...

Okay, I had a look at Joint Munitions Command, depot is there, as well as one other word that crops up multiple times, plant... so.....

I got it narrowed down to two options:

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

Lol, looks I need a lot of help with these...

Okay, I had a look at Joint Munitions Command, depot is there, as well as one other word that crops up multiple times, plant... so.....

I got it narrowed down to two options:

Remember that I said "small arms" and that the word wasn't "depot" but something related to it that also is in WOWS. You are close with "dirt" but the Army song gives you the exact word you are looking for. The combination of the two words reveals the singer's name. Once you have the singer's name, the song should be easy to ascertain from the AI picture if you browse their discography.

• Confused 1

@Admiral_Karasu

The place the US small arms were manufactured was stamped on the small arms themselves. This should be a dead giveaway of the singer's name.

00991_r.jpg&class=imageFullSize

00991_a.jpg&class=imageFullSize

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

Hill, Dale, dusty...

There's also Springfield Armory...

I've actual heard this song a few times but...

• Like 1

Goddamn that was difficult, you any closer to naming the song I riddled?...

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hill, Dale, dusty...

There's also Springfield Armory...

I've actual heard this song a few times but...

That video doesn't play in the US apparently but I looked up the URL and you nailed it!

I'm completely stumped by your picture though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snargfargle said:

That video doesn't play in the US apparently but I looked up the URL and you nailed it!

I'm completely stumped by your picture though.

I'm not sure if I can construct an equally convoluted path of clues...

This is from a musical by that is worthy cause, think of money, opening a champagne bottle, money.... basically what you see in the image.

11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sorry, but I'm completely stumped. There have been about a thousand musicals produced and many have images of champagne and money in them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_films_by_year

I should have specified it was a Broadway musical, so it's not on your list. Neither is the film adaptation... Look for films that Shirley MacLaine appeared in.

I'll throw in a movie and a song, or two movies and songs, because this image, while historically as accurate as most WG designs, should be close enough to tell you what I'm after. There's two potential movies (AT LEAST), and two potential songs that fit this one.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6dc730fd39cbe4541b135f2338b04e9.jpeg

I should have specified it was a Broadway musical, so it's not on your list. Neither is the film adaptation... Look for films that Shirley MacLaine appeared in.

OK. The picture really didn't narrow it down much though, too many songs about money and booze.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snargfargle said:

OK. The picture really didn't narrow it down much though, too many songs about money and booze.

The Force guided you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'll throw in a movie and a song, or two movies and songs, because this image, while historically as accurate as most WG designs, should be close enough to tell you what I'm after. There's two potential movies (AT LEAST), and two potential songs that fit this one.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6dc730fd39cbe4541b135f2338b04e9.jpeg

Your "clues" are way too broad. There are hundreds of movies with American flags or quasi-American, post-apocalyptic or alternative universe flags in them. There are also hundreds of songs about deserts and American flags.

Try to include in your images the name of the song and songwriter and also some of the key lyrics to the song.

For instance, the singer's name is a combination of the guy who sang this, which is a song with a related theme...

And what this guy is called,

Bill_Allison_Saddle_Maker_Roundup_MT-120

The song, written in the 60s, evokes this imagery in the AI...

5ac4672c-29ba-4b95-b6e9-fef91051e5f4.jpg

De oppresso liber

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I've been perhaps a little too vague, because sometimes you or the others nail it in under 10 seconds, and sometimes it seems much harder.

I think this is due to how associations work, and also what people remember and if they actually even have something to remember.

Movie songs always have several performers, so it's hard for me in this case to narrow it down. I mentioned there are at least two possibles movies you can arrive at, and both the respective songs are heard in the movie.

The other movie is potentially a stronger candidate because the two songs I mostly had in mind are both part of its soundtrack. Both are uncredited, and at least the other one is a traditional Irish tune (which is what you should go after albeit it's even a little vague by itself, let's put the data from the image together first.)

What we got as visual clues. Desert, presumably in the US, a tattered US Cavalry regimental standard (or rather a reasonable facsimile of it because the constraints of the AI), abandoned in sand, with something along with it if you can pick up that detail.

(Actually, the way you construct your clues is normally very difficult for me to figure out, my brain works apparently on different principles from yours.)

Lol, normally, this time you gave me a very easy one. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

with something along with it if you can pick up that detail.

That was enough!

a312639d8b8f47d9f5ff254b563b1454.jpg&f=1

• Thanks 1

BZ

The other song that was a possibility was this one:

• Like 1

OK, here's my train of thought in creating movie/song riddles.

Let's take the song Gary Owen as a start.

And combine it with this...

rainman1988.18083.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7a8

Then make an AI image...

98b916e5-fc25-449f-aed2-f90c4d175a02.jpg

What is the movie?

• Like 1

Well.. this isn't easy, unlike the Green Beret one, so let's see why that was easy first.

I vaguely remember that one of the Bee Gees was called Barry, and it was pretty easy to pick up on the saddler. Now, I didn't actually know that name, so what triggered it was the image of a green beret, and because I knew a song that dealt with the Green Berets... all of these came together, but the crucial clue was the AI image + my recollection.

So.. it's either a direct recollection or a memory imprint through association that I needed.

So this last one...

Start with Garryowen? Since it can't be Garryowen, I'd have to start in some direction from that... either looking for an Irish tune (which there would be a lot...) or a song associated with cavalry (probably not quite as many but still a lot).

(possibility of error exists)

Rainman? Again, what comes to mind is either two things here, a 'rain dance', which could lead to further associations or references to historical people, happenings etc... or going with Dustin Hoffman and remembering what movies he was in..

(possibility of error exists)

The AI picture? I admit I don't know if this depicts a real historical event or not, it does not ring any bells. So... I choose the easy way for my first attempt and cook up an answer:

Little Big Man

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Little Big Man

Some of the movie scene was accurate. I've been to the Little Bighorn Battlefield and that looks like where the movie was filmed. From what I read about the battle, the attack on the Indian camp and the cavalry movement up to Last Stand Hill was pretty accurate too, although Custer may have actually been first shot in the shoulder down by the river. The rest is pure movie fabrication though. 

• Like 1