Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

'Cry your heart out'? Is there even such a song, I don't know, that's the association I got and which probably is a bit off the mark...

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Cry your heart out'? Is there even such a song, I don't know, that's the association I got and which probably is a bit off the mark...

A broken heart plays strongly in the theme of the song.

Here is another song that might hint to the answer:

It's along those same lines. The song's been covered by several 60s to 80s artists, including one who has already been mentioned in this thread. However, it was a 70's heavy metal rock band that really made it a hit.

Here's another hint. The band may have something to do with this song in some way.

16 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sigh... Video unavailable...

Heaven On Their Minds (Song from the musical "Jesus Christ Superstar").

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Heaven On Their Minds (Song from the musical "Jesus Christ Superstar").

Can you figure out the name of the band now?

@Admiral_Karasu

Another hint:

καὶ ἐλθὼν κατῴκησεν εἰς πόλιν λεγομένην Ναζαρέτ, ὅπως πληρωθῇ τὸ ῥηθὲν διὰ τῶν προφητῶν ὅτι Ναζωραῖος κληθήσεται.

I didn't say I was going to make it easy on you, just give you a hint.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Can you figure out the name of the band now?

@Admiral_Karasu

Another hint:

καὶ ἐλθὼν κατῴκησεν εἰς πόλιν λεγομένην Ναζαρέτ, ὅπως πληρωθῇ τὸ ῥηθὲν διὰ τῶν προφητῶν ὅτι Ναζωραῖος κληθήσεται.

I didn't say I was going to make it easy on you, just give you a hint.

It's Greek to me.  😉 

• Haha 3

@Snargfargle All Greek to me too, but it tells me the band's name at least.

Hmm... what about this one?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It's Greek to me.  😉 

I took a class in ancient Greek once but with today's translators I thankfully don't have to struggle trying to do my own translations anymore. I've forgotten almost all of the grammar but the word roots still come in handy when deciphering the meaning of scientific names. My neighbor has one of these in his yard right now: Geomys bursarius (the earth mouse with pouches), aka the plains pocket gopher.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

@Wolfswetpaws @Admiral_Karasu

Did you get the Hair of the Dog reference?

My guess was trending towards the band named Heart and their song Dog and Butterfly.
But, the song didn't fit the clues.
Despite the heart looking a lot like their band symbol.

Edited to add

Hair of The Dog was Nazareth's first big hit album (aside from the minor success of Razamanaz), including classics such as the title track, a version of The Everly Brothers' "Love Hurts" (on the US version, but not the Canadian/European, it replaced the original "Guilty"), "Beggars Day" and "Please Don't Judas Me".

According to Nazareth frontman Dan McCafferty, the track on Hair of the Dog in which a dishonest young woman finally meets her match provided the original album title with its recognizable chorus of "now you're messing with a… a son of a bitch!" (an "heir of the dog"). Nazareth's record label wasn't about to let them name the project Son of a Bitch. Thus, Hair of the Dog was selected as a compromise, putting the finishing touches on a career-defining release.[4] The album title is often considered to be a shortened form of the phrase describing a folk hangover cure, "the hair of the dog that bit you".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_Dog_(album)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

My guess was trending towards the band named Heart and their song Dog and Butterfly.

Heart is a great group. Those sisters could really rock up a storm in the 70s.

21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

21847fb7-4b88-48dd-b335-10479401a173.jpg

@Wolfswetpaws @Admiral_Karasu

Did you get the Hair of the Dog reference?

R-6482565-1420303074-5309.jpeg.jpg&f=1&n

Bonus point:

What is that dog's name?

I protest! Your dog didn't look halfway as friendly as these ones.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I protest! Your dog didn't look halfway as friendly as these ones.

I believe that is Cerberus.

9722b9311f19ea016df95ebd7ec310df.png&f=1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is his name Justin?

Ha ha but no. Probably best if nobody actually gets the song, although it was nominated for a Grammy. I think I'll move on to something else.  Hmm...

Maybe HH will have a clue, I'd be needing my usual dozen or so hints, and still might not get it.

Here's one I played in stage band when I was in high school. I played 1st trumpet.

9efa4d00-dedf-46cf-b872-0a20a5b803bc.jpg

• Like 1

@Snargfargle This is my train dining wagon image. Similar to yours, but I believe I'm looking for another song, something I accidentally stumbled across and it sounded interesting. The original was by Betty Everett, this is a cover version.

image.thumb.jpeg.d313fbb01ea6cf6cb4d81cccd5cb406f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Good guess and only one year off. The singer is considered one of the greatest guitarists of the modern rock era.

12 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle This is my train dining wagon image. Similar to yours, but I believe I'm looking for another song, something I accidentally stumbled across and it sounded interesting. The original was by Betty Everett, this is a cover version.

image.thumb.jpeg.d313fbb01ea6cf6cb4d81cccd5cb406f.jpeg

• Thanks 1