Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Rough Riders is pretty close actually, both in space and time, just a different war. And you have the main plot of the song down. 

Now we're old and grey, ___________
Since many years I haven't seen a rifle in your hand

_________ is the name of the song. You almost certainly have heard it or other songs by the group.

I'm sure HH will get this, I won't unless I do some extensive Googling.

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

That would be sun, I believe, not moon. The title might depend on where it was released. The movie also was called Doppelganger in some markets.

That's no moon.

Correct.

Thanks for noticing it, I was somehow in my  mind mixing up the movie and Moonbase Alpha.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm sure HH will get this, I won't unless I do some extensive Googling.

Another hint: Same place, different band.

4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Another hint: Same place, different band.

You mean we are talking about a Swedish band?

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

You mean we are talking about a Swedish band?

Getting warm, as the saying goes.

Just now, Snargfargle said:

Getting warm, as the saying goes.

How about Fernando by Abba?

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

How about Fernando by Abba?

Nailed it!

One of my favorite songs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snargfargle said:

Nailed it!

One of my favorite songs.

I didn't expect ABBA, TBH. I've heard the song, but for some reason, probably because I don't usually pay very close attention to the lyrics, took me a while to start remember that I had actually heard that in an ABBA song once you said it was a Swedish group. I honestly don't remember any other 1970s Swedish group other than ABBA.

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I honestly don't remember any other 1970s Swedish group other than ABBA.

Well, Abba is both a 70s and 80s band. However, Ace of Base and Roxette were big in the 80s too.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Two good YouTube channels for anyone interested in the history of Rock $ Roll.

https://www.youtube.com/@ProfessorofRock

https://www.youtube.com/@RickBeato

Rick Beato has a very good channel, I have listened to it now and then. He does great analyses of songs like the Stairway to Heaven.

• Like 1

Hey, here's a quick movie riddle. This image below is one of the more innocent suggestions AI gave me on the title words...

Useless tip: my 17th cousin (supposedly) plays the title role.

Slightly less useless tip: we are talking about an RKO picture that Leslie Charteris wasn't a particular fan of.

image.jpeg.38bb61b9c54a763c1239146ef462db1f.jpeg

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Wolfswetpaws Would a more explicit image work better?

After re-thinking your question (the other day) about how my mind works, I figure that I'm more able to decipher the word clues than the image clues.
Often an image is simply too vague, for me.
Others have more talent with the images, though.  So, I suggest we not "dumb it down" just for me.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

After re-thinking your question (the other day) about how my mind works, I figure that I'm more able to decipher the word clues than the image clues.
Often an image is simply too vague, for me.
Others have more talent with the images, though.  So, I suggest we not "dumb it down" just for me.  🙂 

Let's wait and see then. The image hints at the answer. It's what you see and what vibes you get.  😉

I didn't specify 'American movie' in the prompt, so ignore the script as best you can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Let's wait and see then. The image hints at the answer. It's what you see and what vibes you get.  😉

Oh, now you tell me the Asian language characters have no meaning. I was in my library looking up what types of hawks and eagles are found in eastern Asia.

You also do realize that RKO produced about 500 films and not all of them were "saintly"?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Oh, now you tell me the Asian language characters have no meaning. I was in my library looking up what types of hawks and eagles are found in eastern Asia.

You also do realize that RKO produced about 500 films and not all of them were "saintly"?

This one is somewhat "saintly". That's what Charteris didn't like.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This one is somewhat "saintly". That's what Charteris didn't like.

The Saint Meets the Tiger

That was actually my first choice when I thought the Eastern-Asian writing meant something as Tigers are associated with Eastern Asia.

Edited by Snargfargle

The Saint Meets the Tiger

image.jpeg.5e18529b5949f8652961cbf3b44cf46f.jpeg

Didn't actually know about that all, would have been a good one too. Not for this movie, though, stick to them boyds.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

image.jpeg.5e18529b5949f8652961cbf3b44cf46f.jpeg

Didn't actually know about that all, would have been a good one too. Not for this movie, though, stick to them boyds.

The Saint Meets the Tiger was The Saint movie that Charteris specifically didn't like. He thought that the movie was a poor adaptation of his novel and he didn't like the fact that it was the last of The Saint series and that RKO had created a new character "The Falcon". Not to mention that the new character was played for a time by an actor, George Sanders, who had previously played The Saint. There were over a dozen "Falcon" movies.  You aren't referring to "The Gay Falcon" are you? Or "The Falcon in Mexico" would have a relationship with the song Fernando as well as an eagle, as an Eagle is part of the coat of arms of Mexico.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Thanks 1

The Saint Meets the Tiger was The Saint movie that Charteris specifically didn't like. He thought that the movie was a poor adaptation of his novel and he didn't like the fact that it was the last of The Saint series and that RKO had created a new character "The Falcon". There were over a dozen "Falcon" movies.  You aren't referring to "The Gay Falcon" are you? Or "The Falcon in Mexico" would have a relationship with the song Fernando as well as an eagle, as an Eagle is part of the coat of arms of Mexico.

image.jpeg.d43f23575ed894ac5b2a43112a26d21f.jpeg

Now, that poster AI gave me was actually too believable, would have made this a little too easy, perhaps. Most I got all sorts of weird crap with western or Japanese men in strange...poses, and weird half bird men.

• Like 1

OK, here's an early 70's classic. Hints: She's carrying twenty-five sacks of mail and the singer's dad is an American folk music legend.

ce060d41-d8ea-462f-b273-cb5756b8590e.jpg

Hmm... I guess it isn't Chattanooga Choo Choo then... something newer is needed.

An amazing image, bTW, (again).

Easy one.  The City of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie.  Fantastic song.

• Like 2

Easy one... well, I actually have heard this song before, but my memory is like that train, gets gradually emptied along the journey. They also say that in order for something to stick in your memory, you either need a massive number of repeats (meaning 'rote') or a strong enough association.