Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

53 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Wolfswetpaws When it comes to songs, do you more easily get a lyrics reference, title reference, a setting, album cover etc (AI interpretations being limited the way they are).

I actually remember hearing the 'Keep on Loving You' fairly often in the 80s, but the image of a ... rattlesnake, didn't say anything to me. Could be I suck at remember lyrics and remember some other quirky things about music and movies.

Good question.  I'm not sure of the answer.  But, for me, that particular song was one I knew most of the lyrics to.
Other songs, well I'd be hearing banjos and would need to paddle faster.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Anybody get this reference? One of the big names @Snargfargle previously mentioned a couple of posts ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d62466931440010afe57b315da260b1.jpeg

Was he once a shining knight, who was the guardian of a king?

Edited by Snargfargle

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Was he once a shining knight, who was the guardian of a king?

Uhm... you are being too quixotic here.

The portrait is there because AI mangles things up. It was supposed to be a suit of armor next to the fire place.

So.. I mentioned this is an artist you mentioned, dare I say much on that, but the video is from the 80s and because.. it mentions a lot of time and the need for a lot of spending money... it would be a good WoWS song too, I think.

22 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Uhm... you are being too quixotic here.

The portrait is there because AI mangles things up. It was supposed to be a suit of armor next to the fire place.

So.. I mentioned this is an artist you mentioned, dare I say much on that, but the video is from the 80s and because.. it mentions a lot of time and the need for a lot of spending money... it would be a good WoWS song too, I think.

• Thanks 1

Have you seen her yet? She's got a jet-age band and she's really keen.

92652f43-64d1-426a-9722-d468ce85747e.jpg

No... I don't think I've seen her yet. She looks a little... thin.

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

No... I don't think I've seen her yet. She looks a little... thin.

You need to go see them! They're weird and they're wonderful.

And if nobody gets this one I can't post the next one as you have to get this one to get the next one.

Hint: I previously posted another song by the same artist.

• Like 1

The word, mates, is Supermarionation. Does not have anything do with plumbing, nor directly with the movie in question, but obliquely, it's a hint.

For a night nut (doesn't sound that good...), I devised a movie riddle of sorts to crack and... It get's a little cult like again, we are talking about science fiction, about a couple of very well known writers, and productions that recycled some of the props from this movie to a television series, and then onto yet another television series which both still have their fan base.

Without hints of any kind, this might get very difficult to nail, on the other hand, don't want to spoil it too much. This image tells you exactly what the premise of the movie is, the devil is in the details. Check the mirror image of this man and figure out why he looks like that.

Ask me for me hints tomorrowish if nobody's managed to figure it out by then. I had a look at the cast and spotted a few familiar names.

image.thumb.jpeg.a6610a98b4a75097682b11029802fbc1.jpeg

Just now, Snargfargle said:

You need to go see them! They're weird and they're wonderful.

And if nobody gets this one I can't post the next one as you have to get this one to get the next one.

Hint: I previously posted another song by the same artist.

Right then, I'll see about it tomorrow unless you-know-who nails it in the meantime.

35 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Have you seen her yet? She's got a jet-age band and she's really keen.

Sir Elton John - Bennie and the Jets

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Sir Elton John - Bennie and the Jets

I figured that you would get it quickly.

Using that one as a hint, how about this song? By a former band-mate of a singer previously mentioned in the thread.

6f4a73b9-38e7-4671-aa8b-145fe971421c.jpg

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Supermarionation.

I am you, from the future! I'm here to warn you to stop using that cheap Venusian herbal shampoo.

7ri2kpX-asset-mezzanine-16x9-C5ocx7S.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Using that one as a hint, how about this song? By a former band-mate of a singer previously mentioned in the thread.

6f4a73b9-38e7-4671-aa8b-145fe971421c.jpg

Jet by Paul McCartney and Wings

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Jet by Paul McCartney and Wings

Correct. The sergeant major did not approve of the wedding. He thought his daughter was too young to get married. She probably was if her AI rendition is anywhere accurate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I am you, from the future! I'm here to warn you to stop using that cheap Venusian herbal shampoo.

7ri2kpX-asset-mezzanine-16x9-C5ocx7S.jpg

🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That is a method used by Gerry Anderson and his television & film making crews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Anderson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermarionation

I happen to follow their Facebook page.

The Thunderbirds was one of the TV shows I remember watching as a kid. The Gemini program was going full force and the Vietnam War wasn't all over the news yet so space was on every kid's mind.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

As did I.... 😜

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That is a method used by Gerry Anderson and his television & film making crews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Anderson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermarionation

I happen to follow their Facebook page.

& @Snargfargle

Cool. I watched the Thunderbirds as a kid. So then you both are probably familiar with the two series as well, UFO (which I haven't seen), and Space 1999 too. Though, what's the movie then?

@Snargfargle Uhm... I assume I'm not looking at overage boy scouts camping in the woods, with guns, but it represents an image of soldiers staying in a bivouac instead, I get vibes of something like Roosevelt's rough riders or something. Is the second image showing the same men many many decades later?

That's what I can try and make based on pictures, otherwise I don't have a clue.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

As did I.... 😜

& @Snargfargle

Cool. I watched the Thunderbirds as a kid. So then you both are probably familiar with the two series as well, UFO (which I haven't seen), and Space 1999 too. Though, what's the movie then?

Most of their movies are with puppets, as far as I know.

In some ways, UFO is better than Space: 1999, even though it was produced before it.
Essentially there's more variety and humor and the music is easier to party & dance to.  🙂 

That said, I watched Space: 1999 as a kid and didn't discover UFO until a handful of years ago.

• Like 1

Correct, didn't remember Roy Thinnes was in it as well, well it's been close to 50 years since I saw the movie. What I remembered about it was a name of another actor, Herbert Karel Angelo Kuchacevič ze Schluderpacheru, a British-Czech actor normally known by his much shorter stage name.

The movie is, of course, the Journey to the far side of the sun.

I accidentally found a short news clip about Gerry Anderson's funeral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P2jKU6TGnM

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle I get vibes of something like Roosevelt's rough riders or something. Is the second image showing the same men many many decades later?

Rough Riders is pretty close actually, both in space and time, just a different war. And you have the main plot of the song down. 

Now we're old and grey, ___________
Since many years I haven't seen a rifle in your hand

_________ is the name of the song. You almost certainly have heard it or other songs by the group.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The movie is, of course, the Journey to the far side of the moon.

That would be sun, I believe, not moon. The title might depend on where it was released. The movie also was called Doppelganger in some markets.

• Like 1