Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

13 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Here is the US Army Band playing Blue Bayou last summer at the US Capitol.

Blue Bayou was written and performed by Roy Orbison in the early '60s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Lol, I don't have any recollection of hearing this song, but it sounds like a nice song nonetheless. 🙂

Nobody can beat Linda Ronstadt's cover of it. However, it was written by Roy Orbison. Before he died, Orbison was an a band with a few other older fellows. Maybe you have heard of them?

The Traveling Wilburys:

Bob Dylan
Roy Orbison
George Harrison (Beatles)
Jeff Lynne (Electric Light Orchestra)
Tom Petty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've heard some of Roy Orbison's music, but readily I'd only be remembering... predictably, Pretty Woman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Maybe you have heard of them?

The Traveling Wilburys:

I've not heard of The Traveling Wilburys before this topic.
But, I've known most of their names or heard their work or knew of the other bands they went on to perform in.

Has anyone figured this one out yet? The band has been around almost as long as I've been alive and is still touring. They don't gather no moss!

Edited by Snargfargle

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've not heard of The Traveling Wilburys before this topic.
But, I've known most of their names or heard their work or knew of the other bands they went on to perform in.

This isn't the Wilburys per se but it is some of them. Half of the history of rock and roll is on that stage. Do you recognize any of them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Has anyone figured this one out yet? The band has been around almost as long as I've been alive and is still touring. They don't' gather no moss!

A Rolling Stone(s) gathers no moss...Get off of my cloud?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Do you recognize any of them?

Only a few look familiar, and I'd be lucky to put a name to their face (without doing some research).
My Wife may have a better chance, though.  She's more in-tune with the music scene.

No one's yet gotten my 'Album cover riddle' a few posts earlier. !

It's very subjective, apparently, what songs one recognizes and what not. For instance, how many of you get this song right, and how many get it wrong (or not at all). Something in the Hawaiian guitar in the Blue Bayou clip reminded me of this song.

image.jpeg.6e379c76238e8eae69076cb621cc73a3.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It's very subjective, apparently, what songs one recognizes and what not. For instance, how many of you get this song right, and how many get it wrong (or not at all). Something in the Hawaiian guitar in the Blue Bayou clip reminded me of this song.

Blue Hawaii - Trailer

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Blue Hawaii - Trailer

About the same time period, but the song you see in my picture is not in that movie and Elvis would never sing such a song because it has no lyrics.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Only a few look familiar, and I'd be lucky to put a name to their face (without doing some research).
My Wife may have a better chance, though.  She's more in-tune with the music scene.

John Cougar Mellencamp, Kris Kristofferson, Stevie Wonder, Lou Reed, Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Tracy Chapman, June Carter Cash, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Johnny Winter, Ronnie Wood, Richie Havens, The Clancy Brothers, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Rosanne Cash, Shawn Colvin, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders), The O'Jays, Rick Danko (The Band), George Harrison (The Beatles), Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Roger McGuinn (The Byrds), and many others.

Most of them are dead now. That would have been the concert of a lifetime to have attended.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Gives me vibes of the late, great Jimmy Buffet.

@Wolfswetpaws Means it's an orchestral piece played in different variations. Hawaiian style. Looking at the picture, the AI actually 'reproduced' the fish in question rather well.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Better than I am on a guitar. All I know are open chords.

• Thanks 1

How about this song? That frog was a good friend of mine but I never understood a word he said.

432eef63-0d01-4f33-a78a-60039ef261ee.jpg

• Confused 1

Just now, Snargfargle said:

How about this song? That frog was a good friend of mine but I never understood a word he said.

Three Dog Night - Joy to the World

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Three Dog Night - Joy to the World

First record I ever bought. Cost me a dollar new. Somewhat ironically, the greatest hits of one of the most popular rock bands of the early 70s were mostly written by a country western singer.

• Like 1

One of my favorite songs. That snake's all coiled up and hissin'.

timber-rattlesnake-coiled-in-grass.jpg&f

Well, at least I have heard Joy to the world before. I wasn't raised in a one horse town...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

One of my favorite songs. That snake's all coiled up and hissin'.

timber-rattlesnake-coiled-in-grass.jpg&f

REO Speedwagon, Keep On Lovin' You

REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving You (Video Version)

This song was near & dear to me when I was a teenager and had a crush on one of my classmates.
So, I knew the lyric reference by heart.

• Like 2

@Wolfswetpaws When it comes to songs, do you more easily get a lyrics reference, title reference, a setting, album cover etc (AI interpretations being limited the way they are).

I actually remember hearing the 'Keep on Loving You' fairly often in the 80s, but the image of a ... rattlesnake, didn't say anything to me. Could be I suck at remember lyrics and remember some other quirky things about music and movies.

Anybody get this reference? One of the big names @Snargfargle previously mentioned a couple of posts ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d62466931440010afe57b315da260b1.jpeg