Guess the movie quote from an AI rendition

Tpaktop2_1 NA

14 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I have no clue. This I would like to know. No I test everyone's song and band from my youth.

OIG3_mod.jpg

Jump in the Fire by Metallica?

10 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Looks similar to Eddie from Iron Maiden

If anything, yes, sort of. I wonder if those letters are supposed to mean something, and AI garbled it all up... again.

18 minutes ago, thornzero said:

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

If anything, yes, sort of. I wonder if those letters are supposed to mean something, and AI garbled it all up... again.

Weird letters notwithstanding, the AI did a good job because I can see it being an actual heavy metal album cover back in the 80s.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Jump in the Fire by Metallica?

32 minutes ago, thornzero said:

20 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Gunter gleiben glauchen globen

OIG4.27WB6lgo_160eHBh_U.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Weird letters notwithstanding, the AI did a good job because I can see it being an actual heavy metal album cover back in the 80s.

It's illegible, but the it almost seems to be saying Iron Maiden, all things combined I think we can agree that's the band. It's not like any of their studio album covers, exactly. The newer one's I have never seen, the latest an interesting looking one, the album is called Senjutsu.

Which song, then, though?

EDIT

Lol, okay it wasn't Iron Maiden then. Def Leppard?

If it's the Lep, it must be Pyromania? It's quite a fiery image....

AI Image Generators, in my humble experience, won't do letters (intentionally) and can't draw hands (unless you've got a premium subscription). 

• Like 1

Well, since nobody has gotten it yet.

Credence Clearwater Revival never had a #1 song in the US when they were touring. However, they had several #2 songs, Including "Who'll stop the Rain?" A line in the song inspired Bob Dylan to title one of his own hit songs "Shelter from the Storm."

I went down Virginia, seeking shelter from the storm
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains
And I wonder, still I wonder
Who'll stop the rain

Heard the singers playing, how we cheered for more
The crowd had rushed together, trying to keep warm
Still the rain kept pouring, falling on my ears
And I wonder, still I wonder
Who'll stop the rain

222bc2e4-1278-47a7-9e3d-5197f34a238e.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Gunter gleiben glauchen globen

OIG4.27WB6lgo_160eHBh_U.jpg

Def Leppard - Rock Of Ages lyrics

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, since nobody has gotten it yet.

Thanks.

th?id=OIP.uXsJ4XQwp-Ngj8c4Y6sUKgAAAA%26p

An old codger yells at a kid to "get off of my lawn." An archangel trumpets at a cherub to...

Name the group and song.

Spoiler

82513c1d-b598-4d9a-bcc9-52a475be588e.jpg

Should be easy but don't be blue if you can't figure it out. Bonus points if you know who wrote it without looking it up.

Spoiler

Edited by Snargfargle

11 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

If it's the Lep, it must be Pyromania? It's quite a fiery image....

AI Image Generators, in my humble experience, won't do letters (intentionally) and can't draw hands (unless you've got a premium subscription). 

Bing sometimes accidentally gets some of the letters right. Sometimes accidentally other details as well. I get the sense the AI knows exactly what you want but tries to play dumb and only occasionally slips up.

I'll throw in an easy one. Say the name of the band, and if you can, name the song too. Hope it's not so easy you get it faster than the time it took me to make this one with AI (which wasn't nearly as tricky as they often tend to be...)

image.jpeg.05f6c3d5efe0a58b554766c04bcf6446.jpeg

@Snargfargle Haven't looked at the spoiler, and.. eh... the only thing that the image brings to my mind is seagull Jonathan. Pretty sure that's not correct. Those Japanese destroyers look nice, though.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Snargfargle Haven't looked at the spoiler, and.. eh... the only thing that the image brings to my mind is seagull Jonathan. Pretty sure that's not correct. Those Japanese destroyers look nice, though.

Those are shrimp boats in Louisiana. What is a tidal river in Louisiana called?

Fun fact: the guy who wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull was a USAF fighter pilot. His Illusions is one of my favorite books,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Those are shrimp boats in Louisiana. What is a tidal river in Louisiana called?

Fun fact: the guy who wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull was a USAF fighter pilot. His Illusions is one of my favorite books,

A vermilion, apparently? Are you sure those are shrimp boats, they sure do look a lot like dangerous Japanese destroyers...

I've read something by Richard Bach, and that was decades ago, but I'm fairly certain it was 'One'.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'll throw in an easy one. Say the name of the band, and if you can, name the song too. Hope it's not so easy you get it faster than the time it took me to make this one with AI (which wasn't nearly as tricky as they often tend to be...)

image.jpeg.05f6c3d5efe0a58b554766c04bcf6446.jpeg

Looks like a scene from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

When I was a young EMT, just out of the Army, we'd play this song on the way to ambulance calls.

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Looks like a scene from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

When I was a young EMT, just out of the Army, we'd play this song on the way to ambulance calls.

Psst. What song? I see the 'video unavailable' again.

As for mine, I'm looking for the name of the band and a song on that album. Chances are low that it's one of your fav bands, it isn't even mine, but one of their songs is rather different from other songs by that band that I've heard.

14 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A vermilion, apparently?

I've read something by Richard Bach, and that was decades ago, but I'm fairly certain it was 'One'.

If you are not from America, and specifically from the South, you might not know that a slow-moving tidal river or adjoining creek is called a Bayou. It's from a Choctaw word. I heard it a lot because my grandpa and grandma were born in the Choctaw Nation. My mother too but by that time it was called Oklahoma.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Psst. What song? I see the 'video unavailable' again.

If you can't see the video it's probably blocked in your country. Sorry about that. Foreigner's Urgent (aka Urgent Emergency).

Extremely well-known songs in one country may be unknown in other countries. However, the one about the Bayou charted worldwide.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If you can't see the video it's probably blocked in your country. Sorry about that. Foreigner's Urgent (aka Urgent Emergency).

Extremely well-known songs in one country may be unknown in other countries. However, the one about the Bayou charted worldwide.

The word bayou sounds a little familiar now that you said it, so I've heard it before at least, though wouldn't probably know how to use it in speech naturally.

I've been wondering about how familiar some of these songs are to the people on this forum. I might suppose only the most popular songs, or those that have been popular for longer than a couple of weeks would be more likely to be well known, globally, that is. One problem is, that a lot of the songs might be in the movies, so you could hear the song but have no clue what it was unless you start looking at the credits and/or soundtrack.

Most songs that I have heard, I may heard on the radio or seen/heard on the television, plus, of course, in a record store. Nowadays, the internet too gives a lot of information and allows you to hear more songs than what was possible before... although.... strangely I prefer to stick mostly to those I've known before.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I've been wondering about how familiar some of these songs are to the people on this forum.

The song I'm talking about has been sung by every major male and female country singer for the past 60 years. It's still one of the most popular songs for young women to cover on YouTube even today. There are hundreds, if not thousands of covers of it. Heck, even the US Army Band did a cover of it.

Here is the US Army Band playing Blue Bayou last summer at the US Capitol.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Here is the US Army Band playing Blue Bayou last summer at the US Capitol.

Lol, I don't have any recollection of hearing this song, but it sounds like a nice song nonetheless. 🙂

• Like 1