Ship Service Fees Am I Missing Something ?

tm63au

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If slightly less hungry for credits, then I suggest sailing a premium ship while using premium-account-time in scenario operations and performing decently.

Wolfie, you forget the  line ....

If slightly less hungry for credits, then I suggest any low to mid-tier ship & not bothering with premium time & playing a random battle & performing decently.

This play will also result in an accumulation of credits over time & the really good part is one doesn't have to give Wedgie a penny.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Taking notes here... just one question, is there a reason why I would want to lose credits?

Probably not.  
But, nothing is "fool proof" because "fools" are so ingenious.  :-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Wolfie, you forget the  line ....

If slightly less hungry for credits, then I suggest any low to mid-tier ship & not bothering with premium time & playing a random battle & performing decently.

This play will also result in an accumulation of credits over time & the really good part is one doesn't have to give Wedgie a penny.

Glad you could add that to the discussion.  🙂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

There's nothing new there, the game design has always been aimed to strongarm you into opening your wallet to progress beyond T8. There are some work arounds once you learn how to work the system in your favor, but try it without Clan bonuses, Signal bonuses, Premium ship bonuses, PT, etc... When coupled to how the game is designed to punish you for not playing high tiers, the more insidious side of the game is revealed.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The cheapest way to 'experience' high tier game play is to head to the PTS. However, I don't go there that often these days, but when I do I sort of get the feeling it is not as populated now as what used to be the case.

That's where I started playing "Super Ships", because of the Public Test Server economy.
The PTS is a good place to "try stuff" and test-drive the newest ships or game features.
Even if we don't like the "features", we at least become familiar with them and gain some experiences which can be used in subsequent discussions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

That was the theory, but that principle comes undone the moment it is possible to flat out open your wallet an play as much T11 as you like. I'm not one to worry about what someone else does with their money, if they want to spend it that way, cool. Pay-to-advance faster is one thing (I'm OK with that) but when a competitive PvP advantage is sold without an alternative F2P path to achieve the same result, then I get pricky. 

At least on the previous scheme any F2P player with a T10 Freemium and some economy knowledge could play as much T10 matches as anyone else, if that's what they wanted.  That was a fair system. I can't say the same about the current T11, there's no alternative F2P path to enjoy the same privilege. 

An understandable sentiment.

10 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I don't know why I would buy a T11 ship. I've tried them all in PTS. I don't feel the need for ANY of them. They bore me, and they don't scare me enough to make me feel like I need one of my own in order to fight against them. 

It's not much of a privilege as far as I'm concerned. People waving their e-peens that they have enough credits to run one. 

Personally, I welcomed the Conde' to my live-server Port for two reasons.
1.  After test-driving the Conde' on the PTS, I decided "I like her" and wanted her in my Port.
2.  There are certain missions which, if performed, will pay-out small amounts of steel for completing them with a Super Ship.  

Is the Conde' expensive to operate on the live-server?  Sure.  And I expect to "pay the price" when I sail her.
That said, I still enjoy sailing her and the chance to earn some steel (if I play my cards right) was enough to sway my decision process.

4 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I uninstalled the PTS last year because it had become very clear that WG weren't paying any attention to feedback.

Bingo!

Once I bought the Salem for coal ... I had simultaneously found the ship that best suits my playstyle (and which I have huge fun in) and also found a way to not lose money in Tier X.

I got carried away with it, and next thing I knew I'd racked up over a billion credits and, because I don't need to use econ boosters on the Salem, I had a huge store of them as well.

Now I've got XP boosters on the tech tree ships I'm grinding through and don't care if they make or lose money on the way.

BUT (obviously there's a but) with WG doing everything they can to nerf the economy ... I have to wonder if a new player could find themselves in the same place I'm at ... or if they just can't get there these days.

Well, the Kobayashi camouflages used to be an option to consider (when considering how to boost credits earnings on the associated ships, such as the Kii and the Roma).
But, that option went away with the camo-rework.

And for years the Missouri was not available for new players.
Nowadays new players have to seriously investigate their options, because a number of the "original gangsta" methods have been altered or removed by various game updates.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

he didnt mention co-op 

quote t took my Prinz Rupprecht into randoms for the first time last night 

and even if he did . ive always made decent credits from co-op  

Yup. I read that wrong. If you’re not at least breaking even in randoms, you aren’t playing well at all. As long as you win you should still make silver without boosters. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tm63au said:

I know its always been pretty bad at higher Tiers but took my Prinz Rupprecht into randoms for the first time last night and just by chance I decided to look over the credits and XP screen after one of the three battles I played in her and nearly fell off my chair .

I earned a total of about 215 thousand credits but had to pay about 137 thousand in services and ammo leaving me just under 90 thousand to bank and that was only due to the fact I had premium time or it would have been worse.

I have been working the Prinz up in Coop all this and never looked at the money screen so I had to be losing money in Coop.

And WG wants us playing these high Tiers including Cough Cough Super ships (  Tier 11 ) Cough Cough, are they serious considering the service fees, they were never good at high Tier for fees but did I miss the memo on the inflation price hike.

By the way lost all 3 games in random just to finish this disaster night off       

shot-24_02.11_23_39.04-0805.thumb.jpg.b7067695ca2f33f43ca10618c7afdd7a.jpg

To be quite honest in modern World of Warships if you fail to make a noticeable profit playing Tier 9 or lower you very likely did not play well. When this game was first released, high tiers were extremely non profitable to run, but as the game grew we got more and more ways of earning credits to the point of inflation (which is why we have so many auctions + superships.) It's expected to be running the 20% booster at all times (which you are) which when coupled with adequate game performance for the tier (80k-90k damage or so in a T9 BB) you should net at least a 150k credit profit every game. Barring that, as people have mentioned in this thread, you can always purchase a T9 freemium (or T8 premium) which should solve all your credit issues within a few games. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There are certain missions which, if performed, will pay-out small amounts of steel for completing them with a Super Ship.  

Is this still the case? I thought those had gone away

I must be overlooking something. Will check tonight.

• Thanks 1

I love Prinz ruppy, have like 400k XP on her from all the ranked battles. A normal good game in ranked without premium will net me around 100k profit after costs. Tech tree ships are not there to make money. Game is designed to work with premium everything.  

9 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:
18 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There are certain missions which, if performed, will pay-out small amounts of steel for completing them with a Super Ship.  

Is this still the case? I thought those had gone away

I must be overlooking something. Will check tonight.

Please let me know what you find.  I've not checked on this for a while.  🙂 

26 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Please let me know what you find.  I've not checked on this for a while.  🙂 

I see only brawls, clan battles, and the two missions for a permaskin and a Distant Voyages crate. 

I know the missions you're talking about, because they actually motivated me to save up and buy a supership myself, but the missions seem to have gone away and my desire for a supership went with them. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I see only brawls, clan battles, and the two missions for a permaskin and a Distant Voyages crate. 

I know the missions you're talking about, because they actually motivated me to save up and buy a supership myself, but the missions seem to have gone away and my desire for a supership went with them. 

Thanks for checking.  🙂