My First Post Here. Its About the Stupid Match Maker

Snoopys Odyssey

Nothing makes me want to quit the game more than this stupid match maker.  I HAVE to play when I get time, and usually it is when Matchmaking is at it's worst.  I just want to grind my CV line, and I am currently at T8.  The worst ship class to be at the bottom tier, and match maker continously puts me with tier 10s and the over whelming AA.  

Again, nothing wants me to quit this game other than this crappy match maker that does nothing but sucks the fun out the game.  I can understand occasionaly being bottom tier, but every f'ing time???   first 4 games, bottom tier.  That is enough for me to quit for the day if not the week.....

The worst part is that WG doesn't even have an official forum where actual WG representives are even listening.  I have over 600 ships, going on 8 years of playing, almost 20,000 battles, and again I am questioning continuing this game.....because of matching maker

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Welcome to Devstrike

As a COOP player I can't share your frustration with the MM ... but I suspect that you'll find others who do.

Sunk

• Thanks 1

This game is designed to force you to face your weaknesses.  Until you finally figure out how to keep planes in the air, you will get this exasperating MM.  I've been going through the same thing with the Lenin being the only tier 8 in a tier 10 match and paired up with just one ship waay on the outside flank. Ugh.

14 minutes ago, Snoopys Odyssey said:

Nothing makes me want to quit the game more than this stupid match maker.  I HAVE to play when I get time, and usually it is when Matchmaking is at it's worst.  I just want to grind my CV line, and I am currently at T8.  The worst ship class to be at the bottom tier, and match maker continously puts me with tier 10s and the over whelming AA.  

Again, nothing wants me to quit this game other than this crappy match maker that does nothing but sucks the fun out the game.  I can understand occasionaly being bottom tier, but every f'ing time???   first 4 games, bottom tier.  That is enough for me to quit for the day if not the week.....

The worst part is that WG doesn't even have an official forum where actual WG representives are even listening.  I have over 600 ships, going on 8 years of playing, almost 20,000 battles, and again I am questioning continuing this game.....because of matching maker

Just grind it in ops or ranked or some temp mode thats single tier

1 hour ago, Snoopys Odyssey said:

I just want to grind my CV line, and I am currently at T8.

Operations.

So far I've ground three CV lines to T10 (Audacious, Hakuryu, Midway) and that was mostly in randoms and co-op. I took them to operations a few times, but the inability to count combat tasks for missions eventually dissuaded me. Now that this is at least partially fixed, I might try again. 

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

This game is designed to force you to face your weaknesses.  Until you finally figure out how to keep planes in the air, you will get this exasperating MM.  I've been going through the same thing with the Lenin being the only tier 8 in a tier 10 match and paired up with just one ship waay on the outside flank. Ugh.

More specifically, this game is designed to allow you to pay for your weaknesses. Literally.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Snoopys Odyssey said:

Tier 8 CVs should be (and are) perfectly viable to play even in a tier 10 heavy match.

You have to be more careful with your planes...but you have structurally mechanical advantages over any ship in the game. You can, for example, avoid getting into AA at all if you don't want to be.

Yes, your damage output is going to be lower...you are bottom tier, that's fine. You aren't going to be clutch carrying through damage alone.

Make sure to spot for your team, deny the enemy CV easy spotting...and wait for enemy ships to misplay from position so you can make your strike count. Since you are going to lose some planes, you want to make the enemy pay for those losses.

If you don't know how to dodge flak, let me know and we can talk through the basics so you can practice. It's a KEY skill that unlocks aircraft carrier play and makes you BRUTALLY overpowered.

Carriers are the EASIEST ship to play when bottom tier once you get a good handle on their mechanics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Welcome to Devstrike

As a COOP player I can't share your frustration with the MM ... but I suspect that you'll find others who do.

Sunk

This in conjunction with the OP made me think of a match the other day in Co-op, t8-10 match, I look up after we cleared the flank of bots and were heading for the middle to notice the only human death was the t8 carrier. I still wonder if he just gave up on living or something. 

21 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

More specifically, this game is designed to allow you to pay for your weaknesses. Literally.

:classic_laugh:

22 hours ago, Snoopys Odyssey said:

I just want to grind my CV line, and I am currently at T8.

May I suggest doing it in Operations. Less stress, more fun.

And if you use Blue Boosters, the grind will be shorter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

And if you use Blue Boosters, the grind will be shorter.

But...tier 8 is the most fun as a CV player...

Why skip it?

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Why skip it?

Not suggesting the OP skip any tier. It was my impression that the current grind was to get Tier X.

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Why skip it?

You could always reset the CV line for RB points, and re-enjoy the grind.